• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

the Ducks have got to be getting frustrated by now, they are supposed to be the better team and have controlled play for long stretches, and yet they find themselves pushed to the brink in the 1st round by a #7 seed, losing 3 of 4 OT games in the process

Let's go Wings

You just summed up the better part of the last decade for the wings

Glad to see a Wings victory tonight. Definitely a nail biter at the end! I have been sick of seeing Filpula pass behind the net ALL season long. It just seems like a lazy play to me. Also, not sure I agree with those opposed to Smith, I would take him over Quincy any day of the week. I wish he would sit and they call up White! Anyway, love my Wings and hope they crush em next game. GO WINGS!

I was at the game tonight, right behind Jimmy for periods 1 and 3. The Flip pass back and goal was unbelievable...WHY? You dumb....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... There was no one at the point, hard around and it's out. No one where he passed it to, either, except a DUCK.

The tripping call behind the net looked like a dive to me, I have to say. I'm not surprised they didn't call it. And yeah, Smith looked bad. but I was SO HAPPY to see that Zetterberg shot go in! I did NOT want to see any handshaking at the Joe tonight!

Guest The Axe

I was at the game tonight, right behind Jimmy for periods 1 and 3. The Flip pass back and goal was unbelievable...WHY? You dumb....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... There was no one at the point, hard around and it's out. No one where he passed it to, either, except a DUCK.

The tripping call behind the net looked like a dive to me, I have to say. I'm not surprised they didn't call it. And yeah, Smith looked bad. but I was SO HAPPY to see that Zetterberg shot go in! I did NOT want to see any handshaking at the Joe tonight!

So jealous! Thats awesome.

Wings had two 3rd period collapses in this series but saved them with OT magic. Let's hope they now have those 3rd period cramps out of their system but keep the magic.

Edited by Yak19

Oh, and before we crucify Filppula let's think back to the sick toe drag to set up Nyquist in OT in game 2. Yeah it was a Red Forman "Dumbass" special tonight. It did NOT lead to the third Ducks goal, Perry's trip led to the Ducks third goal. It did however make it possible and nobody I'm sure feels worse than Flip. No doubt Babcock had a word with him. I think he'll make amends in game 7.

But do it again and you're playing with Emmerton and Paul Ysebaert.

I've got to think Game 7 is ours to lose. The only reason some of these games have been so close is due to boneheaded mistakes by the Wings. Anaheim has been the better team for at least half (maybe more) of the series, but in such a low scoring series it seems like a lot of their goals from some ridiculous blind pass or stupid mistakes near the crease.

If the hockey gods smile upon the Wings in Game 7, we can hopefully keep the Ducks from capitalizing on those mistakes.

Was listenning to the Team 1040 Vancouver tonite on my way to Dairy Queen after the game.(Burrp-excuse me) When they asked which series they would all prefer to watch in Round 2, one of the guys said it wasn't so much as which series, rather which players.

"When it comes to playoff hockey, I have a man crush on Zetterberg and Datsyuk. No one I'd rather watch than those two."