LOL WUT?!?!?!

Great... Not!!!

#62 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Quick question not so much regarding the offseason but more about fil. Does anybody understand why he's never really played with pav? From what I remember every time they have played together they've been dynamic. I just can't for the life of me understand why they haven't been given a legit shot

#63 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

I don't think Kenny is going to outright come out and talk about compliance buyouts as soon as were eliminated. But if he keeps Samuelsson around... I'll have to rethink how I view Kenny. There, unquestionably, is no room for Sammy here or in GR. He's done. Can't stay healthy, and can't play when healthy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#64 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

im gonna lose it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 30 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#65 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

im gonna lose it

I...think that he might be confused.....

“Next year, we hope to have Darren Helm back,” Holland said. “We hope to have a healthy Todd Bertuzzi. We hope to have a healthy Mikael Samuelsson. You can look forward to September 2013, and think we are going to have a real good competition” at training camp.

He better just be playin'. 

#66 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Let's start with this 

It doesn't look like Michael Ryder's second stint with the Montreal Canadiens will last longer than this past season.

Ryder's agent Thane Campbell told Le Journal de Montreal this week that the 33-year-old forward is not part of Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin's offseason plans.

Ryder, who was orginally drafted by the Canadiens in 1998, is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.

He scored 16 goals and 35 points in 43 games with the Canadiens and Dallas Stars this season. Ryder was acquired by Montreal for Erik Cole on Feb. 26, after he scored a career-high 35 goals and 27 assists in 82 games with the Stars in 2011-12.

He signed a two-year, $7 million contract with the Stars in 2011 after helping lead the Boston Bruins to their Stanley Cup victory.

a proven goal scorer,could help a lot to our PP next season 

#67 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I really like the Ryder addition. Is it enough though? A revival in playing from Fil, and it should be, yeah?

#68 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ryder + Dickell would be nice if we strike out on Horton/Clarkson/Ribeiro. We would address goal scoring and toughness.

I really like the Ryder addition. Is it enough though? A revival in playing from Fil, and it should be, yeah?

#69 Sentell

Sentell

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

This is what we should do, For sure boot White, try and boot Samuelsson which will be ard cause of his no-trade clause, keep Filppulla, keep Cleary, Keep Brunner and Miller, and Holland will sing all the RFA's.

Lines

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Franzen-Filppula-Nyquist

Brunner-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

Too-too Bertuzzi, Andersson, and those guys call-ups

Defense

Kronwall Ericsson

Kindl-Dekeyser

Quincey Smith

#70 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.000m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)  
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,127,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,182,121

I do not see how Kenny fits in Bert and Sammy next season.  I can see Cola over Lashoff possibly.  What can Kenny do with 10 mil in Cap space?

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 31 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#71 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Quick question not so much regarding the offseason but more about fil. Does anybody understand why he's never really played with pav? From what I remember every time they have played together they've been dynamic. I just can't for the life of me understand why they haven't been given a legit shot

When Filppula scores on Datsyuk's line, it's generally because Datsyuk has done all of the work for him.

#72 chicagowing19

chicagowing19

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

How about signing Clarkson and Stahlberg or Bickell and Stahlberg if Clarkson commands too much?

Brunner (adds more muscle in offseason), Z, Clarkson

Franzen, Dats, Stahlberg

abs, Helm, Nyquist

Tatar, Anderson, Eaves

Bert/Too too as extras. Let cleary, miller and flip walk. Buyout sammy

#73 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I will shake my head when Flip gets a long term deal averaging 5 mil a season.  It makes me wonder if the Salary Cap is really working when a guy like him can make that much money in a season.  I think Flip is a useful two way centre.  But for 5 mil?  No thanks.  I'm fine with Tatar or Nyquist replacing him for a mil or less.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 31 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#74 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Horton

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Abdelkader - Helm - Tatar

Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

I really like Drew Miller and would want him back, but there just isn't room at forward. Buyout Samuelsson and have Bertuzzi sit in the press box. Emmerton is good for depth purposes; not really sure what comes of Tootoo.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Kindl

Quincey - Smith/Colaiacovo

Lashoff

I would consider getting rid of Quincey if the Red Wings could secure an upgrade in the top-four on defense. The defense improved a lot over the course of the season, but they could still use a top-pairing guy to play with Kronwall. Finding that won't be easy, though. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 31 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#75 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

When Filppula scores on Datsyuk's line, it's generally because Datsyuk has done all of the work for him.

Yes and no. Tho pavel does do some amazing work I feel like Val feeds off of pavel and his game. Val is very skilled and when on us dangerous!

Also fil knows that dats is not a shooter so he knows he has to shoot the puck more apposed to when he plays with hank. Also I think fil sees all the incredible things that datsyuk does on the ice and it gets him going.

As well fil knows that pavel is so crafty and sees things unlike anyone else that he know if he just busts to holes and open areas he's getting the puck on his tape. I really wish they gave those two a shot together because every time they are together they catch fire.

#76 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTERMy Custom LineupFORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / David Clarkson ($5.000m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)  DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.000m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)  GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,369,545; BONUSES: $1,010,000CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $940,455

This is actually pretty much what I'm thinking. I would just have different line combos.

#77 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

1. Compliance Buyout: Samuelsson (Keep one compliance buyout for next year for sure)

2. Buyout/Trade: Bert and Carlo. I might be dreaming that we could get a low pick for one of them and then just buyout the other

3. Sign a RIGHT-handed power forward Horton would be my choice, but I think that's being overly optimistic - we'd have to overpay. Maybe we can get Clarkson, meh. Maybe we can get creative with a trade, but I bet we can't get the Right-Handed power forward we need AND we keep Val. I don't know if I would take Clarkson over Val because I respect Val's D more, but I'd definitely trade rights to negotiate to Val if we knew we could sign Horton. 

4. Pray that Helm comes back and continues his progression...might start the season on the 4th line to get his legs and timing back.

5. Then Re-Sign: Nyquist, Smith, Brunner, Kindl, Andersson

6. Call-Up Tatar

7. Play music chairs with the following to see who we can trade for something, who we keep, and who we let walk: Cleary, Miller, Tootoo, Emmerton. I think we're keeping Cleary but it has to be at a discount - I'm sure he can still get paid more somewhere else. I like Miller, but will he stick around for 4th line minutes? Tootoo's grit is valuable over a long season. Emmerton might be the odd man out, but he's cheap and will be relatively cheap next year as a RFA so he's has trade value.  Maybe we sign as many as possible, let them compete then look to trade one down the road.

8. Continue to work from within and give this team another year to grow together

9. Find more ways to Pav and Z on the same line buy kicking mule in the ass and having him center the 2nd/3rd line, or have Helm move up to the second line and reunite the 3rd line from this year's playoffs.

I think the RFA's and UFA's that we re-sign are going to demand more money than I have seen in other posts, depending on term.  This is as much as I think I can hope for... but I'd be really happy with this team.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($5.750m) 
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.750m) 
Gustav Nyquist ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) 
Drew Miller ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.650m) / Danny Cleary ($2.050m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) 
Brendan Smith ($1.875m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.950m) 
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,894,545; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $415,455

#78 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

It may not be the best comparison but I honestly think, Tyler Bozak from the Toronto Maple Leafs is similar to #51 in many ways. Both can provide some offense if they are paired with topline-guys, but other than that they don't add much to the lineup. To me this is not enough to justify 5 mill per year average. If Holland could get him to sign for 3,5 or 4 then maybe but even at that pricetag I think there are better options outthere. One can argue, that Clarkson is not your typical top 6 guy, this may be the true but he is an unbelievable depth player, who can play topline minutes and also help to add some muscle and physicality to a 3rd line -->giving Babcock plenty of options. Since people for whatever reason hate Scott so much, how aboout MacLaren or Colton Orr? One simple can not go into the East without having an enforcer in the lineup, also Bordelau from the Avs would be a great addition. How bout Regehr as a shutdown guy? Also Shattenkirk would be a great option, I don't think the Blues ownership is as commited to their team as the best owner in all of sports is, so maybe they can't keep Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo and both are in for huge raises (Pietrangelo easily 7+ per). Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Edited by frankgrimes, 01 June 2013 - 03:25 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#79 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

-Compliance buyout Samuelsson
-Buyout Bertuzzi
-Re-sign Nyquist, Brunner, Smith, Kindl, and Andersson.
-I think its unrealistic to predict Cleary leaving, so re-sign him and reduce his role. Can't deny that the guy amps up his game in the postseason.
-Re-sign Drew Miller. Valuable on the PK and contributes offensively. If he decides to leave, there are plenty of other options available. Eric Nystrom, Kyle Chipchura, Brandon Yip, Colton Orr, and Patrick Bordeleau come to mind.
-Let Filppula walk.
-Let White walk.
-Bring Tatar up
-Sign a guy with some size and snarl for the top 6. David Clarkson would he the ideal target, but we all know he's gonna get overpaid. Ryane Clowe had a bad start to the year with San Jose, but picked up his game once he arrived in New York. Nathan Horton is another I'd target.
-Pray Helm is healthy.
-See if there are any teams that would take Emmerton.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Zetterberg
Tatar-Nyquist-Clarkson
Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner
Miller-Andersson-Tootoo
Cleary/Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson
Kindl-Dekeyser
Smith-Colaiacovo
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#80 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

1. Compliance Buyout: Samuelsson (Keep one compliance buyout for next year for sure)

Two this year, none next year ... as part of the new CBA.