Some of the "highlights" about the uniform, from Puck Daddy...
To both sweaters:
To the red sweater:
- There is a smaller, lighter crest on both sweaters. The logo outline was changed from metallic to matte silver finish.
- The warning flag pattern was moved from the base of the sweater to inside the neckline. (Similar to Nashville's "Piano Keys" neckline)
- Lettering and numbering changed to a clean, round, sans-serif-based font.
- The shoulder patches were removed from both sweaters.
To the white sweater:
- A cleaner look was established, highlighting the teams dominant color. All striping is white, with black being used in the neckline and to outline letters and numbers.
- Bold white stripes highlight the arms and base for a classic look.
- White lacing is used on the black collar.
To the pants and gloves:
- A red shoulder yoke was established, which extends on the back to include the nameplate. The feature is unique in the NHL.
- Numbers and letters were changed from red with a black outline to black with a silver outline.
- Bold striping to establish a classic look.
- The Hurricanes logo and bottom black band were removed from the pants.
- All glove sets are predominantly red with small white highlights. Black and silver has been removed.
IMO, these jerseys SCREAM "Team Canada". What say you? Pass or Fail?