• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

says it could come down to the Flyers and Wings at the draft for Bobby Ryan. Would love it depending on what it would take.

#2 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'd pass to be honest. Another inconsistent forward, and it would handcuff the team in cap space.  

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

says it could come down to the Flyers and Wings at the draft for Bobby Ryan. Would love it depending on what it would take.

please don't get me going on my obsession for the Wings to acquire Ryan. I would love it! It would be costly though.

I'd pass to be honest. Another inconsistent forward, and it would handcuff the team in cap space.  

nah...buyout Sammy and Bert. Trade for Ryan, sign Weiss. Offense problems solved.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#4 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

please don't get me going on my obsession for the Wings to acquire Ryan. I would love it! It would be costly though.

nah...buyout Sammy and Bert. Trade for Ryan, sign Weiss. Offense problems solved.

People seem to forget how invisible that guy can become. Heis not worth the price tag that would come along with him at all. We need a gritty top 6 forward, not another franzen.

Having said that, if franzen was one of the things going the other way, id be all for it. 

Edited by marcaractac, 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#5 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

He's got two more years at 5.1M cap hit, 6'2", 220 lbs, Right-Handed, and scored 30 goals 4 consecutive years before this year.   And he just turned 26.

I like him, but Anaheim needs forwards (plural) or a significant upgrade on the back end - they already have 6 D-Men signed for next year.  They aren't going to want any of the guys we want to get rid of.

People seem to forget how invisible that guy can become. Heis not worth the price tag that would come along with him at all. We need a gritty top 6 forward, not another franzen.

Having said that, if franzen was one of the things going the other way, id be all for it. 

Agreed!

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Why on Earth are any of you taking Eklund at face value? He is known to be almost universally unreliable. Eklund is neither an insider nor a reputable source.

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Doesn't Eklund's name being attached to a rumor mean its totally worthless?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#8 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

1. It 's Eklund

2. Holland always loses a bidding war with Holmgren because Paul's the crazy.

3. f*** Bobby Ryan.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Eklund speculation. Chances are if Hockey Buzz is the only site reporting it on the internet there is zero credibility to this. His accuracy rate for "rumors" is atrocious, himself and his site are the joke of the hockey world.

Edited by MabusIncarnate, 22 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#10 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I don't really like this.  I mean, I'd be happy to have him on the team, but getting into a bidding war with the Flyers?  Not going to go well.  We'd have to drastically overpay.  And if somehow he does end up becoming another Franzen as people here suggest, I don't want to think about the state that LGW would be in with both on the team.

#11 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

I could see something around Tatar, Eaves and 2nd rounder.

It's not that I don't like Tatar... it's just that we can't get him for Q and Sammy... :)

BTW Ryan on Dats line is a at least 35-40 goals a season...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#12 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Since it's Eklund, it means that the Wings and Flyers are NOT pursuing Ryan.

#13 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

If the wings gave up Tatar, who just dominated the AHL playoffs, for Ryan I would personally start the pillaging of Hollands home. If you can swing Franzen in a trade then great. If not, no thanks.

#14 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Omg bobby Ryan is exactly what we need. Put him with DAT and whoever else on wing.

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Doesn't Eklund's name being attached to a rumor mean its totally worthless?

Based on his track record, yes. His rumors lack substance 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% are almost certainly lucky guesses.

Omg bobby Ryan is exactly what we need. Put him with DAT and whoever else on wing.

Heh, I almost wish this would happen just to see your reaction. Are you aware that Ryan is just like Franzen in his inconsistency and oft-laziness, but even more expensive?

I really don't get this idea that Ryan is a hardworking, hard-hitting scoring machine. He absolutely just isn't.

I could see something around Tatar, Eaves and 2nd rounder.

It's not that I don't like Tatar... it's just that we can't get him for Q and Sammy... :)

BTW Ryan on Dats line is a at least 35-40 goals a season...

News: Ryan played last season with Getzlaf, who is a pretty darned good passer, and Perry, who isn't bad at it himself. Playing alongside these two all-stars, he scored the full-season equivalent of 20 goals.

Datsyuk is a brilliant player, but he can't do actual sorcery, and he can't motivate lazy players to pick up their game.

#16 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Based on his track record, yes. His rumors lack substance 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% are almost certainly lucky guesses.

Heh, I almost wish this would happen just to see your reaction. Are you aware that Ryan is just like Franzen in his inconsistency and oft-laziness, but even more expensive?

I really don't get this idea that Ryan is a hardworking, hard-hitting scoring machine. He absolutely just isn't.

News: Ryan played last season with Getzlaf, who is a pretty darned good passer, and Perry, who isn't bad at it himself. Playing alongside these two all-stars, he scored the full-season equivalent of 20 goals.

Datsyuk is a brilliant player, but he can't do actual sorcery, and he can't motivate lazy players to pick up their game.

He his hard hitting and will fight. Also far younger and better than franzen. Its not even a comparision.

#17 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

He his hard hitting and will fight. Also far younger and better than franzen. Its not even a comparision.

According to Hockey fights, he gotten into 1 a year in NHL regular season for the last 4 years. I think Tatar gets into more fights in the minors. 6 in his 3 AHL regular season. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#18 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

LOL on 2 fronts. First the rumors. They will fly.

Now for those dissing on Ryan, you all are just plan crazy! Why in the world would anyone want a 26 year old forward who's typical year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. That is just crazy talk. He is all of 2 years older than Nyquist. Think about that. He has MORE 30 goals seasons than Franzen 4 to 1, more 30 goal seasons that Datsyuk 4 to 3, and the same number of 30 goal seasons as Zetterberg 4 to 4. he would be our best offensive player the day he was here. he would be our second best hitter after Abby as well.

A top line of Abby-Datsyk-Ryan would be flat out awesome! Over a full season where everyone is healthy that line would score us 80+ goals. A true top line.

All that being said, never happen.

#19 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

That is flat out wrong. Go look at their careers. An average Ryan year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. An average Franzen year is around 27 goals with 90 hits or so. So Yes Ryan is better on both fronts, which is why he makes 1 million more per year.

#20 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wrong again. He has had exactly one fight per NHL season he's played in, and his list of highlight hits is rather short; just like Franzen, he throws the occasional big hit. He's younger than Franzen, yes, but their level of production is similar.

Your image of Ryan as a hard-driving power forward is inaccurate. Just ask Ducks fans. They'll tell you that he's prone to fits of inconsistency and definite laziness.

Now for those dissing on Ryan, you all are just plan crazy! Why in the world would anyone want a 26 year old forward who's typical year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. That is just crazy talk. He is all of 2 years older than Nyquist. Think about that. He has MORE 30 goals seasons than Franzen 4 to 1, more 30 goal seasons that Datsyuk 4 to 3, and the same number of 30 goal seasons as Zetterberg 4 to 4. he would be our best offensive player the day he was here. he would be our second best hitter after Abby as well.

It's a bit odd for you to be calling us "just plain crazy" when it's evident that you don't know much about the guy. Calling him a power forward is a stretch, as the average Ducks fan will tell you. They will also tell you that his play has slowed down since he signed his big-money contract.

Sorry to break it to you, but Ryan is not a Shanahan type.