#3 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

I smell a trade

Indeed.

Can they really afford to lose him, though?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

This looks like "Jordan Staal Part II".  Quite frankly I'm surprised Shero made that kind of offer.  Does he not understand that one of the contributing factors to the Pens failures is the fact that they have no depth?  Crosby makes almost $9 mil per year, Malkin is over $9 mil, Fleury, Martin and Neal are all making $5 mil.  And now you want to blow another $7 mil on a one dimensional defenseman?  I think they're lucky he rejected the deal.  

#5 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hopefully the wings dont try to pay more than that for him.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#6 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

This looks like "Jordan Staal Part II".  Quite frankly I'm surprised Shero made that kind of offer.  Does he not understand that one of the contributing factors to the Pens failures is the fact that they have no depth?  Crosby makes almost $9 mil per year, Malkin is over $9 mil, Fleury, Martin and Neal are all making $5 mil.  And now you want to blow another $7 mil on a one dimensional defenseman?  I think they're lucky he rejected the deal.  

Amazed they made it and even more amazed he turned it down.

#7 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

As much as I hate the Pens, I'd love to snag Letang. I know he's not the most responsible defenseman but pair him with a shutdown man and that would be a good balanced pairing. His offense is second to none in this league.

Posted Image

#8 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

As much as I hate the Pens, I'd love to snag Letang. I know he's not the most responsible defenseman but pair him with a shutdown man and that would be a good balanced pairing. His offense is second to none in this league.

Kronwall is pretty close offensively, and I would much rather have kronner and his cap hit than Letang

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

But Shero is GM of the year! I thought he could sign EVERYONE!  :greedy:

:hysterical:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#10 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Kronwall is pretty close offensively, and I would much rather have kronner and his cap hit than Letang

Holland here is your chance, bring in Letang and pair him with a shutdown guy. I know he is not Weber, Suter, Chara, Pietrangelo or Karlsson but Letang is elite, I'd love him in red and white.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#11 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Not that I'm necessarily down with this, but - Who do you trade? Might this be the three-for-one Holland hinted at?

(Unless I'm mistaken and this wouldn't be a trade. I really don't follow the Pens closely.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#12 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Not that I'm necessarily down with this, but - Who do you trade? Might this be the three-for-one Holland hinted at?

(Unless I'm mistaken and this wouldn't be a trade. I really don't follow the Pens closely.)

Well the question to me is, what are the Pens looking for? If they let him go, another defender needs to come back.

But with him turning down 56 over 7 years all things are pointing to an 8 per + contract for Letang, which would make him the highest paid player on the Wings.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#13 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

But Shero is GM of the year! I thought he could sign EVERYONE!  :greedy:

:hysterical:

So did he.

#14 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

This is weird to me.

7M/yr for 8 years is a great offer. It's says he's asking for more than 7.5 but less than 8. There's no significant difference really.

All of this makes it seem to me like he wants out of Pitts.

Edited by rick zombo, 28 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#15 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

This is weird to me.

7M/yr for 8 years is a great offer. It's says he's asking for more than 7.5 but less than 8. There's no significant difference really.

All of this makes it seem to me like he wants out of Pitts.

It brings to mind something he said after getting swept by the Bruins. Basically: "They play great defense, and we couldn't score." It struck me as an odd thing to say, for a few reasons. My overall impression: he does indeed want out.

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about him, because I hate the Pens with a passion. But I've watched him play enough to wonder if he'd be nearly as effective on any other team. The big question, in my mind, being: If you take away that supporting cast (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, et al.) and that offense-above-all-else team philosophy, does Letang still produce like a mofo? Or do his numbers drop, making him an offensive defenseman who doesn't produce a whole lot?

Just food for thought, I guess.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#16 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

It brings to mind something he said after getting swept by the Bruins. Basically: "They play great defense, and we couldn't score." It struck me as an odd thing to say, for a few reasons. My overall impression: he does indeed want out.

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about him, because I hate the Pens with a passion. But I've watched him play enough to wonder if he'd be nearly as effective on any other team. The big question, in my mind, being: If you take away that supporting cast (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, et al.) and that offense-above-all-else team philosophy, does Letang still produce like a mofo? Or do his numbers drop, making him an offensive defenseman who doesn't produce a whole lot?

Just food for thought, I guess.

Like I said, I would rather have kronner for less money

#17 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Letang and Dekeyser as our top pair for the next 8 years. That works for me! To get him move Smith and Meresk. They need a G and cheap young D. We need good RHed Dmen. Letang is only 2 years older than Smith BTW.

#18 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Letang and Dekeyser as our top pair for the next 8 years. That works for me! To get him move Smith and Meresk. They need a G and cheap young D. We need good RHed Dmen. Letang is only 2 years older than Smith BTW.

This is a bad idea.

#19 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Who is Meresk?

#20 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

want nothing to do with letang's 7.5 cap hit  if were gonna spend that much for a dman hed better be great in his back end as well

i expect him to be dealt sunday