• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

USA Olympic '14 Jerseys

Rate this topic

It looks like cheap commercialized garbage. Certainly not representative of anything in the USA.

Doesn't someone have to approve these, or did Nike just get free reign on it?

It's not just the jerseys that are awful. Who the heck is in charge of marketing for Team USA??

The team photos from orientation camp are worse than school pictures.

post-4338-0-07072800-1377886867_thumb.jp

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-most-spectacularly-awkward-u-olympic-glamour-shots-190110715.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's not just the jerseys that are awful. Who the heck is in charge of marketing for Team USA??

The team photos from orientation camp are worse than school pictures.

attachicon.gifhoward.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-most-spectacularly-awkward-u-olympic-glamour-shots-190110715.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

At frist I thought this player (who is that guy?) was advertising K-Swiss shorts then I realized oh no it's the USA jersey presentation. Is it too late to change that thing?

Well, I'm American, so I have to root for all of them. *ambivalent face*

(Secretly, I'm rooting for Sweden.)

Also, all these people saying that the people responsible for the U.S. jerseys are going to be fired into oblivion - you know that's not going to happen. You know they're getting promotions and raises and sublimated stars.

Haha! So I'm not the only one? I have a feeling I'll be somehow disappointed with Canada's roster and will just cheer for Red Wings to do well.

In terms of the design, they look like daredevils. Maybe Super Dave Osborne is going to start on defense for the American team. He'll wow the spectators with his steady defensive play and solid first pass, and then wow them again at intermission when he jumps his motorcycle over fifteen zambonis.

In terms of fit, they are the skinny jeans of hockey. They're like football jerseys with long sleaves. Leave it to some godless super corporation like Nike to think it's a good idea to "modernize" hockey sweaters by making them tight.

Nike Marketing Team: "And for this year's Olympic hockey team we thought about a classic design updated with state of the art moisture wicking fabric".

Nike Marketing Team Boss: "I see where your head's at. Hockey is a sport rich with tradition, and their fans are often resistant to even the smallest change in the game. But I've got to be honest with you. I wanna see a bit more zazz. Turn the zazz up to 11. I know they think they like history and tradition, but we're Nike, they'll like whatever we tell them too. Don't let our dwindling market share fool you, we're the kings of public opinion".

Edited by kipwinger

I feel like there is this evil force in the world that is trying to destroy humanity by creating terrible pro hockey jerseys but they don't know what they're doing, big picture-wise. Sort of like the underpants gnomes.

That's about par for the course for Nike.