Photo
- - - - -

So....did Cleary just take Tatar's spot?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Convince me otherwise please. I'm seething right now.

#2 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I think I'm gonna puke!

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

To answer your question...no.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

Kip, I pray you have it spot on.

Word from camp yesterday, though, was that Bert was playing in Tatar's spot.

#5 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yes,  I'm afraid so.  Tatar will be joining Brunner in Switzerland this season.  Tatar will never play for the Red Wings.  The Wings first line is Bertuzzi-Cleary-Samuelsson.  Datsyuk and Zetterberg are being traded to make room for Cleary as well.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#6 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Ok first. Lets be honest someone is gonna get hurt in training camp. It happens every year. Sammy last year, Fil, Mursak the year before. It ALWAYS happens. Especially this year when so many people are fighting for spots. So unless something absurd happens we will most likely have to get rid of one less than we think we will. So it is entirely possible that Cleary could be extremely useful on this team. 

or i'm just trying to make the best of a cluster ****

Edited by wingedominance13, 12 September 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

I wouldn't make that a definite no. From the looks of the training camp roster, Tatar was going to be fighting for time on the 4th line.  With Helm on IR, looks like the prefered 3rd line is Gus-Andy-Bert with Miller-Emmerton-Sammy/Eaves/Tootoo/Tatar on the 4th depending on who is left when everything shakes out.  Add Cleary into that mix now too.

#8 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Guessing Tatar will be waived and Nyquist sent to GR, with Cleary being double-shifted all season. We're possibly looking at a Dekeyser+Smith trade to bring in Cleary's grandfather as a veteran presence on D.

#9 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

see ya later, Gustavo

#10 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

No Tootoo :unhappy:

Edited by F.Michael, 12 September 2013 - 10:10 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#11 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yes,  I'm afraid so.  Tatar will be joining Brunner in Switzerland this season.  Tatar will never play for the Red Wings.  The Wings first line is Bertuzzi-Cleary-Samuelsson.  Datsyuk and Zetterberg are being traded to make room for Cleary as well.

Guessing Tatar will be waived and Nyquist sent to GR, with Cleary being double-shifted all season. We're possibly looking at a Dekeyser+Smith trade to bring in Cleary's grandfather as a veteran presence on D.

wow you guys are a regular abbott and costello eh?

here's what i don't get - the training camp lines yesterday already had tatar fighting for a spot on a line as he was slotted in on the 5th line. that was even without cleary. so why are you guys mocking the very real possibility that signing cleary pushes tatar down another spot on the roster?

regardless of ones opinion on cleary, tatar, or anyones contract, this is a very real subject, and one that is worthy of a conversation.

yet all you guys can do is mock the topic? i would hope for better here at lgw.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#12 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Doubt seriously that Tatar would be waived as he's sure to be claimed & the Wings would lose him for nothing.  If anything happens to Tatar, other than making the roster, he'll be traded for a prospect(s) and/or pick(s).

I do think btw, that there is actually a good chance Nyquist starts the season in GR now, no joke.

Edited by ogreslayer, 12 September 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#13 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ok first. Lets be honest someone is gonna get hurt in training camp. It happens every year. Sammy last year, Fil, Mursak the year before. It ALWAYS happens. Especially this year when so many people are fighting for spots. So unless something absurd happens we will most likely have to get rid of one less than we think we will. So it is entirely possible that Cleary could be extremely useful on this team. 

or i'm just trying to make the best of a cluster ****

I agree with the last word of your post.

#14 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

I know some one said you already forgot Tootoo, but as well you forgot eaves and emmerton... all are still currently on our roster hahaha what a mess...

#15 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

wow you guys are a regular abbott and costello eh?

here's what i don't get - the training camp lines yesterday already had tatar fighting for a spot on a line as he was slotted in on the 5th line. that was even without cleary. so why are you guys mocking the very real possibility that signing cleary pushes tatar down another spot on the roster?

regardless of ones opinion on cleary, tatar, or anyones contract, this is a very real subject, and one that is worthy of a conversation.

yet all you guys can do is mock the topic? i would hope for better here at lgw.

Just don't want to think too hard about how they're plannng to make room for a guy who has nothing left in the tank. And it's pointless speculating, just have to wait and see.

#16 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Am I the only one glad to see Cleary come back? I guess I may change my mind after seeing how the dust settles... if the dust settling means Sammy, Miller and Emmerton are the casualties then I will be fine... even add Bert to that (Not because I dont want him on the team but...)

#17 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Am I the only one glad to see Cleary come back? I guess I may change my mind after seeing how the dust settles... if the dust settling means Sammy, Miller and Emmerton are the casualties then I will be fine... even add Bert to that (Not because I dont want him on the team but...)

Having just signed a 3 year extension in June, I really don't see Miller going anywhere.

#18 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

of all the people to give a spot to...grabovski, raymond, brunner....it goes to cleary?

i would have actually prefered that we invite hainsey to a tryout.

now 3 players have to break something, or move out of town.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#19 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Having just signed a 3 year extension in June, I really don't see Miller going anywhere.

Miller or Eaves... same sort of player. I just hope Tootoo is not the one on the outs. Cleary can play everywhere, is physicalish and is clearly a big leader in the lockerroom... He's been a great Red Wing and that is why I am happy to see him back.

#20 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Tatar is out of options, isn't he? Doesn't he have to play in Detroit this year?

Nyquist going back down to GR for the year, uhg. I was so looking forward to the youth movement.