• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Just happened to catch this little nugget a few min ago. Apparently, Tootoo might miss the rest of preseason with a minor shoulder injury. But according to Ken Holland, he will be ready to go for game 1 of the regular season. So it looks like Tootoo won't be cut or traded before the season starts afterall. For me, this is great news. Personally, I love what he brings to the table. And considering the general style of play in the east, Tootoo is exactly what this team needs on their 4th line. That's not to say he couldn't be traded near the trade-deadline. But for now, I'm happy we'll be starting the season with that little firecracker.

http://www.rotoworld...player/nhl/1556

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#2 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

good cause the wings need an enforcer in the east and i think he could have been huge in the playoffs

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Real good cause if stuff that happens like tonight in the Toronto vs Buffalo preseason game. 

Tootoo will be needed. 

#4 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Real good cause if stuff that happens like tonight in the Toronto vs Buffalo preseason game. 

Tootoo will be needed. 

Just posted the same thing in that thread.

#5 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Great news!

#6 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Welcome to the East.

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm good with this news. Tootoo is useful.

Unfortunately, I think this means Nyquist goes to GRs unless Holland has a trade in the works or he's secretly hoping Sammy hurts his boob again.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm good with this news. Tootoo is useful.

Unfortunately, I think this means Nyquist goes to GRs unless Holland has a trade in the works or he's secretly hoping Sammy hurts his boob again.

Send sammy to the minors (cause god he looked awful again) Helm on LTIR to start, and start Eaves on LTIR and ship him to the minors when he is game ready again. that should clear enough cap space and player spots. Tatar andy and Nyquist is a wicked line better than the Nyquist andy Brunner line from last year, don't want to break that chemistry they have up, especially cause they are a booming young line with experience playing together in GR already

#9 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

You know I was mad when we signed him but now I like his play and wish he would be used much more I hope your right and we keep him but the problem is we have to get rid of a couple of guys and soon
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#10 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Very happy to hear this!

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

<Doing a kind of wiggly happy dance>

I'm a happy girl now.  If the boys stick to the injury schedule, we'll be able to work everyone in with no trades.

#12 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

This is great news indeed, I was diggin' when Babs put out a checking line against Bawston the other day of McIntyre, Abby, TooToo...Though I was thinking of Bertuzzi Abby TooToo, pretty serious line there, you know when it's "crunch" time...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#13 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

<Doing a kind of wiggly happy dance>

I'm a happy girl now.  If the boys stick to the injury schedule, we'll be able to work everyone in with no trades.

Glad I don't have to change my signature. I want Tootoo as a fourth line regular. We will have plenty of skill guys to rotate in and out. We only have a handful of grinders and Tootoo will have a role every game in the East.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#14 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Good news, I hope he lands a regular roster spot.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#15 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Anyone think that maybe Holland said he would be ready because he wants to trade him?

#16 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Anyone think that maybe Holland said he would be ready because he wants to trade him?

You never know. It very well could be to pump up his trade value by showing that Detroit have publicly said they will keep Tootoo. I hope it's not the trade value boost, as I'm looking forward him to being on our roster all year! :thumbup:

Edited by thegerkin, 23 September 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#17 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I wouldn't put too much stock in this.

Not that I don't want Tootoo in the lineup, mind you. (I do.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#18 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

I agree, this didn't sound like an absolute verification.  If anyone would offer anything for Tootoo, I think the Wings would take it.  They just don't have a lot of good options right now, due to the Cleary signing.  Sending Eaves and Samuelsson down does not give them significant cap relief. 

#19 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Holland may have said that Tootoo would be ready to go for game one, but it doesn't sound like he said anything about which team he'll be playing for when that game comes.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#20 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

I agree, this didn't sound like an absolute verification.  If anyone would offer anything for Tootoo, I think the Wings would take it.  They just don't have a lot of good options right now, due to the Cleary signing.  Sending Eaves and Samuelsson down does not give them significant cap relief. 

As long as Helm's out, they don't need significant cap relief.  The Wings will only be ~$200k over the cap with him on LTIR.  If Eaves is out on LTIR too to start the season, Kenny's got to move at least one player off the roster that will clear that $200k.  That player can't be Sammy since his cap relief if he ends up in GR is only $100k.  Looking more & more to me like Nyquist starts the season in the minors unless Kenny pulls a rabbit out of his hat. 

Edit to correct: If Eaves is out for a few weeks on LTIR, that actually solves the Wings cap issue & Kenny can move anyone, even Sammy, down to GR.  Too early in the morning for me to work numbers I guess.  Still think it ends up being Nyquist on the short end of the stick though.

Edited by ogreslayer, 23 September 2013 - 07:04 AM.