• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT : Jets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Jimmy Howard s***s the bed again. He needs to sit. He's cost us three games in a row now.

That's not true. Giving up 2 goals in 60 minutes, you should reasonably expect to be able to pull out a win.... you know... every once in a while.

That said, why don't we just put a cardboard cutout in net during shootouts if that's what we're going to get from an actual goaltender.

Also, all forwards not on the 1st line need to hang their heads in collective shame. They are an embarrassment.

Wow, this is beyond frustrating.

Very good effort, but yet another home loss. This team looks a lot like the one from last regular season year so far -- very inconsistent and pretty average overall. They have shown signs of being better at times, but can't put it all together on a regular basis.

I say it every GDT, but it's inexcusable not to have Nyquist up. The secondary scoring lines were improved tonight, but this is still a one-line forward group.

Unless Holland can make a miracle trade to shed some salary, I'm afraid we're stuck with much the same for the remainder of the year. And thus another season of D and Z's prime passes without any meaningful attempt to build a team around them.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

this team f**ckin BLOWS. who is paying to see this garbage?

I really hate taking credit for OT losses. In all reality this team is 9-10 right now. They've only won 9 out of their first 19 games. It's 20 games into the season and this is where you can tell who's who. And the Wings don't look foreal. They're nothing more than a mediocre team.

Well... what can you say? This game had that feel to it, that we would somehow get screwed out of a win. We deserved to win, we played well enough to win, but we didn't. It's tiresome to even try and make sense of why we didn't win.

I too want Monster in net next game though. Howard isn't bad... but the saying always goes that a goalie's job is to win games and Howard isn't doing that. This wasn't a difficult game for him, the team played well in front of him. He needs to make atleast 1 save on the 4 that got past him. Atleast 1. If he makes 2 we definitely win, if he makes atleast 1 he gives the team an opportunity.

Hey, we broke the cycle of losing as many as we won. Too bad it was in the wrong way..

Is it too soon to predict a 2-3 loss next game with Z and Pav scoring? Can't hate much in terms of effort I suppose. Howard once again gets lost on the second goal and plays hoop in the shootout. He isn't getting goal support, but he is also getting outplayed by the other goaltender many nights. Looks like he has little confidence (probably at least partially due to both injury and lack of scoring support).

Thank God for Pav and Z...

I really hate taking credit for OT losses. In all reality this team is 9-10 right now. They've only won 9 out of their first 19 games. It's 20 games into the season and this is where you can tell who's who. And the Wings don't look foreal. They're nothing more than a mediocre team.

We're not even mediocre. I wouldn't trust this team to score a single goal against the Sabres or Panthers, let alone beat them.

Ericsson is back Friday right? It'll be a welcome addition. Hopefully Weiss is back soon as well, we just have no depth at all right now. And, our best depth guy, Tatar, was benched in the 3rd and OT when we could use a goal. Babs, you da man.

Am I drunk, or did you just equate Weiss returning to an improvement in our depth?

Seriously what would it hurt at this point to give a healthy scratch to Bert, Franzen, Cleary, all on the same night and let 3 young'uns play?

Might let them know their jobs aren't 100% safe and they play better next time after getting message sent.

Why is it that Pav and Bert so often seem to not be trying in the shootouts - almost like they're using their B & C moves instead of their A moves. Of course, the opponents don't seem to be trying very hard either, but seem to score easily on simple shots. I'd like to hear that Jimmie destroyed a mirror with his stick - anything to show a sign of life from this team.

Not even mad if the DetroitRedWings can't even win against bottom feeders at home(!) things aren't exactly looking good. Kenny said he is giving himself 20 games to see, where the roster is...well GM you have your work cut out for you and not a lot of cap to work with.

Pasha was absolutely gassed why not bring him later in the shootout?

Free up Nyquist ..if only this team had a goalscorer oh wait there was a guy named Brunner too bad he is under 30...

Edited by frankgrimes