• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

11/23 GDT: Game 24 - Senators 4 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Here, have some salt in your wound:

@Jeremy_Roenick: I hate to say this cause I love Cheli. But Detroit red wings officially suck this year. Wtf!!

@cotsonika: Sens upset about Wings' diving. MacArthur: "I don't know if their skate sharpener was broken or what."

SENS UPSET ABOUT WINGS' DIVING

You just quoted tweets from two of the biggest clowns around

Acknowledgement - There was some embellishment/diving on the part of Detroit.

However, the officiating crew allowed Ottawa to get away with at least twice as many blatant penalties as were actually called on them tonight.

Acknowledgement - Detroit still had every chance to win the game and should have done so (5 on 3s, etc.)

However, Detroit's embellishment and performance this evening do not excuse the pathetic embarrassment that was the officiating crew.

The men on skates that performed their jobs in the poorest fashion this evening were Jean Hebert and Brian Pochmara.

It's amazingly awesome how people sound so much like last year right now. It's an 82 game schedule for a reason. You've been watching since 1986 and never seen this team play bad? Really?

It's not like in 08 when this team was kicking ass the entire season and then went on a slump for an entire month and still won the President's trophy. This team sucked starting the season and is sucking even worse a third of the way into it.

This team just absolutely cannot win with Howard in net. It's not even all his fault, though he has been pretty terrible, it just seems like the weirdest s*** goes in. So disappointing watching this team.

Yeah Howard needs to win games, somehow. He can't be blamed for that 5-on-3 goal but imo the 3 others were possible saves. Okay the Smith bounce was real unlucky but I just get the sense Howard isn't really on his toes, he's not active, he's not finding the puck. Whenever a rebound goes out he has to search for the puck and then moves, he takes too long to recover from one save to the next. He made a huge save when it was 3-2 which I thought was great, giving us a chance. Then he fails to close down the 5-hole in close right afterwards and it's all for nothing.

Monster isn't a rock, but he's been getting wins. I say play him tomorrow and if we win, keep him in the net for a bit.

This game was SOOOO winnable. Ottawa players got in the heads of the Wings players though and we failed to score on the multidue of chances we had, plus we couldn't get the saves from Howie. Just tiny things here and there and we lose again.

I will admit im really starting to come around to brendan smith. Hes been playing great. Showing his offensive game, not making as many bad passes, and stepping up to Neil earned him alot of respect in my book. Quincey however continues to get worse.

Yeah Howard needs to win games, somehow. He can't be blamed for that 5-on-3 goal but imo the 3 others were possible saves. Okay the Smith bounce was real unlucky but I just get the sense Howard isn't really on his toes, he's not active, he's not finding the puck. Whenever a rebound goes out he has to search for the puck and then moves, he takes too long to recover from one save to the next. He made a huge save when it was 3-2 which I thought was great, giving us a chance. Then he fails to close down the 5-hole in close right afterwards and it's all for nothing.

Monster isn't a rock, but he's been getting wins. I say play him tomorrow and if we win, keep him in the net for a bit.

This game was SOOOO winnable. Ottawa players got in the heads of the Wings players though and we failed to score on the multidue of chances we had, plus we couldn't get the saves from Howie. Just tiny things here and there and we lose again.

Its frustrating since most of our loses have been winnable lets hope some of these games will even out going forward.

I completely agree. I love Howard, but he has not been good this year. Maybe this is coming from my expectations being too high based on his performance in the latter stages of last year through the playoffs. I do not have confidence in him at all though and maybe his problem is his confidence also. I'm not saying all the goals tonight are his fault; however, it just seems like there is always some excuse for him losing. You can only go so far to say it is bad luck or whatever and not blame the goalie. I just hope he steps it up soon because things are starting to get really ugly for this team.

I see Weiss and Cleary and Quincey still stink.

Weiss was really good in the 1st period. I'd like to see that line with someone other than Cleary.

Didn't notice him much in the 2nd and 3rd, but then again he didn't seem to get much if any PP/PK time, easing him back I guess.

Ottawa was really holding and hooking all game long. I think by the end of it Wings were getting frustrated and felt they had to dive for the refs to notice. Felt like a playoff game. Sometimes Wings get away with playing soft but they are capable of being tough

Heh....JR says the Wings suck this year? I suppose he knows a lot about that...

They don't, they just are ignoring the absolute necessity of tweaks and changes. Status Quo approaches are going to put the team in the basement.