• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I guess I should have questioned why you posted that Weber is hurt on a Wings forum because probably 99% of this forum doesn't care. 

I'm probably wrong though as always :P

I posted it on here,because i wanted to keep ya'll up to date on the things that are happen with the preds,Like my pekka rinne topic,most people on here didn't  know the he was hurt

#22 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

I had tickets to game last night to but never made it,turkey hangover ;-). Hope he has speedy recovery. On the bright side more Seth Jones. Maybe he will be back by time my Wings come to town Dec 30th, can't wait for that game. Last game before the classic too.

#23 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just wear the stupid visor.

#24 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I posted it on here,because i wanted to keep ya'll up to date on the things that are happen with the preds,Like my pekka rinne topic,most people on here didn't  know the he was hurt

We hear ya, but a Weber thread here was probably not your best bet.  While most here would agree no one wishes anyone a puck to the face, there are many who will be hard pressed to work up any real sympathy for Shea.  Pretty much anybody else on the Preds but him. We were trying to figure out a way to get him away from Nashville until his attack on Hank.  He cost the Preds a lot of good will around here, and I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon if I were you.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

We hear ya, but a Weber thread here was probably not your best bet.  While most here would agree no one wishes anyone a puck to the face, there are many who will be hard pressed to work up any real sympathy for Shea.  Pretty much anybody else on the Preds but him. We were trying to figure out a way to get him away from Nashville until his attack on Hank.  He cost the Preds a lot of good will around here, and I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon if I were you.

Yeah,Your right posting this thread probably was not the best idea,but i wasn't looking for symapthy for shea,i understand that y'all dislike weber for what he did to hank,but don't hate the rest preds team for what weber did,they did not play any part in it.

Still like rooting for the wings though

#27 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yeah,Your right posting this thread probably was not the best idea,but i wasn't looking for symapthy for shea,i understand that y'all dislike weber for what he did to hank,but don't hate the rest preds team for what weber did,they did not play any part in it.

I don't think anyone here hates the Preds. In fact there's probably a good amount of respect for them.

I think it has more to do with the fact that this is a Wings site with Wings fans and we all come here for Wings news and other major headlines.  Not so much injury updates from teams we rarely play now.

For the record I love Weber, being Canadian and all.  I wish him a speedy recovery and can't wait for him at the Olympics.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#28 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

A lot of them were laughing it up when Weber made fun of the turnbuckle smash in practice afterwards, so sorry, the rest of the team doesn't get a pass. (Seth Jones being an exception since he wasn't on the team at the time).
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I never like seeing anyone take a puck to the face like that. 

As much as I disliked Weber's head smash on Hank, I was angrier about the lack of punishment.  He's one of those guys who sometimes plays on the edge, he just should've paid the price for it, both from the Wings and the league.

I'd still take Weber on the Wings in a heartbeat.  Hank could smash his face into the glass during practice and they can call it even.

#30 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

well... i drafted jones to my fantasy team

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#31 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

No,Nobody on here has to care,but that doesn't mean that you have to be happy that shea weber is hurt,

Shea Weber was more than happy he put Zetterbergs face into the glass. Therefore I am more than happy that piece of s*** took a puck to the face. Karma is a ***** ehh

#32 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yea, generally I don't wish ill upon anyone but with Weber, I still get furious about what he did to Z AND getting absolutely nothing from Department of Player Safety. 

#33 Timezown

Timezown

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

f*** weber, hope hes out for a while. hope hes also stupid enough to continue to go without a visor so this happens again

#34 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I have too much ill will towards him for slamming hanks head on the glass to say anything good, so ill say nothin..
But I do hope Nashville stays afloat without him..

#35 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well, tbh, you have to blame Shanahan for not coming down on Weber.

#36 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I do.
I think hes overcompensating for the fact that he used to be a wing, and prove hes not giving preferential treatment to them.
He's soiled his sheets twice on clear cut suspensions, its embarrassing.

#37 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Weber hurt? Excellent. This usually happens to douchebags one way or another, see Pronger...

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#38 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ya but that doesn't excuse the act. Shanny not coming down on Weber is small compared to the act itself.

#39 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

I love that video.

I also love Mickey's laugh. Sounds just like "Large Marge"

large-marge-sentya.gif

Posted Image

#40 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

There's really no comparison between Weber purposefully slamming Z's head into the glass  --and then laughing and joking about it with team mates later, for the cameras to catch -- and other less intentional injuries inflicted during the heat of a game, as with the head shot to Datsyuk.   Much as I hate that Pasha is injured, I don't believe Cowen's act was as intentional.  He might be pleased after the fact that he got away with it, but I am not sure he's smart enough to plan that action out as a way to remove Datsyuk from the ice.

Weber didn't 'deserve' a puck to the face, of course, as retribution for his low-class action toward our Captain.  It deserved punishment from the league, needless to say, and didn't speak well of Weber's character.

Does Shanahan skew his judgments, or lack thereof, when a Wing is the victim?   Why, yes, it does appear that way.  Disappointing. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever