• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Darren Helm Injured

Rate this topic

NOOOOOOOOO! So basically down 3 world-class centermen who were on pace for career years. Didn't we sign some high-profile FA to play center? Maybe I'm wrong...

I think you mean 2 world class center-man. I know we all love Helm but lets be serious he is a good NHL player but nowhere near world class.

Bets on who gets injured next game?

Take your pick Alfie ,nyqist, franzen, Tatar or kronwall. Seems like dominos best to worst injuries meaning cleary kindl and Sammy Weiss will be the last 4 hurt.

Edited by wingfan1991

before the season started I mentioned something about "we are going to struggle offensively, we would do well the first 30-40 games, then the size and toughness factor in the east would catch up to us". Z's back is something he will deal with for the rest of his career off and on. Glad he signed for 7 more years! Helm just doesn't have the size to hold up for the type of game he plays.

Sorry to be rude guys, but this stuff was predicted and we were warned. Flame away......

before the season started I mentioned something about "we are going to struggle offensively, we would do well the first 30-40 games, then the size and toughness factor in the east would catch up to us". Z's back is something he will deal with for the rest of his career off and on. Glad he signed for 7 more years! Helm just doesn't have the size to hold up for the type of game he plays.

Sorry to be rude guys, but this stuff was predicted and we were warned. Flame away......

Because Helm was never hurt when we were in the Western Conference, right?

Every single season the Wings have injury problems like this. Excellent prediction...

Perhaps the "big bad east" is taking its tole on the boys. I gotta say the wings have been getting hammered lately since the sens beat us that way and other teams seem to be following this tactic.

I doubt it has anything to do with the East, teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville, and Vancouver always played us a lot tougher than most of the teams in the East have this year. Other than the Datsyuk injury, we shouldn't be surprised that Z or Helm got hurt, it sucks but it's not a shocker.

Perhaps the "big bad east" is taking its tole on the boys. I gotta say the wings have been getting hammered lately since the sens beat us that way and other teams seem to be following this tactic.

The wings won 4 straight including Ottawa, they were not getting "hammered"

Helm got cut with a skate, for the second time

The Wings had the most man games lost to injury in the West last season, so I don't know how much substance is behind that theory.

Injuries have been a major issue for this team basically every year since 2008.

Red Wings who have been injured in one form or another this season:

Alfredsson

Bertuzzi

Datsyuk

DeKeyser

Eaves

Ericsson

Franzen

Gustavsson

Helm

Howard

Kronwall

Nyquist

Quincey

Smith

Tootoo

Weiss

Zetterberg

I'm not 100% sure about a few of those. But you get the point.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1h

Ken Holland said Helm's MRI showed fluid, which he said means either sprain or strain in shoulder. Will be re-evaluated Monday.

I can live with a strain or sprain. At least it's nothing permanent.

Has anyone wondered if the next two players to be injured once Z returns will hurt their knees and toes?

The injury report would read:

Pavel (head)

Helm and DeKeyser (shoulders)

Player X (knees and toes)

Player Y (knees and toes)...