• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

anyone committed to tanking the rest of the year and shooting for a possible top 8 pick?

I've been hopeful for the playoffs because I thought this team had what it takes in a lot of ways despite injuries, but at this point, it's really hard to not throw in the towel, and it's tough to feel bad about it given the circumstances. While I still believe that there's a chance we could pull it off as we're really not that far out of the picture at all, it's looking less and less likely each game as more guys go down. At some point, you also have to stop and wonder if it's for the best. Maybe it'd be better to miss it and give Dats and Z as much time as possible to recover. Maybe that's what's for the best for them and the team. If you shelve Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm, Weiss, etc. for the season to focus on rehab for next season, it sends a signal to the guys that it's over, but they've still got pride. I think the chances of them making the playoffs at this point are obviously slim, but I think they'll be in the hunt until the end, so I'm not expecting a draft miracle.

And I mean, seriously, why would we start getting so lucky now?

Guest DeGraa55

Well we are right where I though we would be 6-10 range in the east but I didn't see this many injuries.

Guys like helm an Weiss are not a surprise but everyone else? Come on.

What's going to be truly great is the kids carrying us to an eighth seed and then all the guys like Sammy cleary Bert Weiss etc etc will be back for the playoffs and we will be swept 0-4 while the kids win another Calder cup.

Id like to thank the wings brass for making this joke possible.

Yes, because that was Holland who broke Andersson's foot, Jurco's ribs, cut Abby's leg, gave Helm the egg-shell gene, etc.

Or it's Babcock's for having Andersson blocks shots. Or for telling Jurco to "skate really hard into Comeau's stick".

There are lot's of things to be upset about when it comes to the "wings brass", but blaming these injuries on Holland, Babcock, Jimmy D, Illitch, etc is just spoiled fan entitlement personified.

Yes, because that was Holland who broke Andersson's foot, Jurco's ribs, cut Abby's leg, gave Helm the egg-shell gene, etc.

Or it's Babcock's for having Andersson blocks shots. Or for telling Jurco to "skate really hard into Comeau's stick".

There are lot's of things to be upset about when it comes to the "wings brass", but blaming these injuries on Holland, Babcock, Jimmy D, Illitch, etc is just spoiled fan entitlement personified.

I think he was referring more to the fact that the brass isn't giving Callahan a chance.

You do have to wonder how much an 8th seed is really gonna be worth. We'd be facing the Bruins or Penguins with a lineup which, even if healthy, would probably suck. Certainly we're not winning the Cup.

Edited by Dabura