• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So when would you make a move and what type?

Rate this topic

Well that certainly makes me feel optimistic...until they crush my dreams that is. But until then I'm going to foolishly hope that we're trading for Okposo.

They mentioned this as part of their conversation of whether Vanek stays or goes

Well that certainly makes me feel optimistic...until they crush my dreams that is. But until then I'm going to foolishly hope that we're trading for Okposo.

Thatd b just splendid. I'll take anyone from the Isles top line.

I'd count Sheahan and Jurco as two big acquisitions. I'm surprised more people don't feel this way. Here's two rookie call-ups who didn't even factor into our plans for this season and they're holding their own 1) on the second line, 2) against the best of the West, and 3) without the aid of Datsyuk, Franzen, and Alfredsson. As Babs would say: Good for them, better for us. And now it looks like we might have a really dynamic line in Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco. So, basically, we've made a seemingly serviceable second line out of Tatar and two empty roster spots. You know what that means for us? Depth. Options. Possibilities. If we can get fully healthy, we could conceivably play Z and D together and still be able to ice three legitimate scoring lines.

And I can't call jurco and sheahan acquisitions at this point.

They've been awesome, but when we get healthy were not gonna be able to keep them up barring some sort of movement

Well, yeah, the reality is that they're gonna be sent down. But it doesn't have to be that way! Well, yeah, I guess it sort of does. And yet, not necessarily! Subtract Cleary, Bertuzzi, and let's say Andersson and our twelve could be Abdelkader, Alfredsson, Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm, Jurco, Nyquist, Miller, Sheahan, Tatar, Weiss, Zetterberg.

Well, yeah, the reality is that they're gonna be sent down. But it doesn't have to be that way! Well, yeah, I guess it sort of does. And yet, not necessarily! Subtract Cleary, Bertuzzi, and let's say Andersson and our twelve could be Abdelkader, Alfredsson, Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm, Jurco, Nyquist, Miller, Sheahan, Tatar, Weiss, Zetterberg.

That's a beautiful thing.

Hopefully the brass can figure out some way to make that work.

what about volchenkov?

wasnt there rumblings he was on the block?

{kindl}, (emmerton), (tootoo),*sammy*,(andersson),{glendening},{lashoff},(quincey),*cleary*

cap, schmap.

make it happen kenny!

every trade has {one positive}, (one question), and *one negative*, so lets give them options!

what about volchenkov?

wasnt there rumblings he was on the block?

{kindl}, (emmerton), (tootoo),*sammy*,(andersson),{glendening},{lashoff},(quincey),*cleary*

cap, schmap.

make it happen kenny!

every trade has {one positive}, (one question), and *one negative*, so lets give them options!

I absolutely love Anton Volchenkov, always have. But he makes way more money (4.25 million) than he's worth at this point in his career. The only way I'd consider it is if the Devils were willing to retain some salary.

Plus he really doesn't help our transition woes, which in my opinion is the biggest shortfall of our defense. At this point he's a third pair stay at home guy, with excellent penalty killing skills. We really don't need that at this point as Lashoff, Ericsson, and Kronwall all kill penalties and Lashoff can do the work on the third pair for MUCH less money than Anton.

Guest Playmaker

This is my darkhorse trade deadline pick. Tomas Fleischmann to Detroit to play with Weiss. Calling it. Ugh.

Former Wing prospect, European, fits the bill on most of Hollands requirements, but he's under 30 and over 6 ft.. Too young and too tall. ;) But I appreciate an actual realistic trade proposal. I could see it happening depending on if Florida would take some roster guys in return. But that goes against Holland's MO too. He usually only wants to trade draft picks.

Former Wing prospect, European, fits the bill on most of Hollands requirements, but he's under 30 and over 6 ft.. Too young and too tall. ;) But I appreciate an actual realistic trade proposal. I could see it happening depending on if Florida would take some roster guys in return. But that goes against Holland's MO too. He usually only wants to trade draft picks.

Unless something has changed, the last I heard was that Florida was trying to dump salary for prospects and picks. Given that Fleischmann has another year on his contract, and if the prospect-pick combo is still what they're after I could definitely see Holland offering our 2nd and a second stage prospect. Not a Jurco, Sproul, Mrazek type of prospect, but maybe a Marchenko, Pulkkinen, Ferraro type. Those are exactly the kinds of trades that Holland will make. It's that whole "offering something of value" thing that really jams him up.

Would penguins move letang? If anything they need more defensemen. Maybe Ericsson a shutdown guy

Ericsson + Helm for Letang. Penguins need help defensively

If that's what it takes to get him then no thanks, especially with his cap hit.

Guest Playmaker

You have it pegged, but the only problem is the Wings have no cap or roster space. Getting rid of bodies is a must if a move is going to be made. It's frustrating, to say the least. None of the GR guys should go back, but when everyone is healthy, I have no idea how this situation will be resolved. Even Eaves has proven his worth. He could be possible trade bait, but he doesn't give a whole lot of cap relief. If they waived one or all of Cleary, Bertuzzi and Sammy, it would give us roster space, but not cap space. Holland has backed himself into a corner with no good way out.

You have it pegged, but the only problem is the Wings have no cap or roster space. Getting rid of bodies is a must if a move is going to be made. It's frustrating, to say the least. None of the GR guys should go back, but when everyone is healthy, I have no idea how this situation will be resolved. Even Eaves has proven his worth. He could be possible trade bait, but he doesn't give a whole lot of cap relief. If they waived one or all of Cleary, Bertuzzi and Sammy, it would give us roster space, but not cap space. Holland has backed himself into a corner with no good way out.

I mean, he's definitely in a hot spot, but personally I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Holland has always been reluctant to move potential, but if he is willing and can find the right deal around a young player, prospect, or pick then I don't see the vets being a problem. Here's why: If you're Florida and you're willing to trade Fleischmann for prospects and picks and Detroit is the right match for you, but the only way to make it work is to take Sammy as well, then you'd be stupid not to do it. Sammy's cap hit wouldn't matter because you've got plenty of room. You'd only have to pay about 1/3 of his salary because actual salary is pro-rated for the season. And finally, he's not under contract so he doesn't hurt you long term. Basically, You'd lose Fleischmann's bigger salary for Sammy's smaller one, and you'd gain the prospects and picks which wouldn't count against you financially until next year (at the earliest). At which point Sammy would be gone to free agency or retirement, and it wouldn't matter.

Also since Sammy isn't playing much (at all) and he's getting paid either way, I don't see it being a hard sell to convince him to waive his no-trade clause to go "earn" his money soaking up the sun in Florida for a couple of months.

Using the same formula you could potentially move anyone. Hell, if you can get clear of Sammy then everyone else would be a piece of cake.