• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richdg

So when would you make a move and what type?

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

Would penguins move letang? If anything they need more defensemen. Maybe Ericsson a shutdown guy

Ericsson + Helm for Letang. Penguins need help defensively

If that's what it takes to get him then no thanks, especially with his cap hit.

You have it pegged, but the only problem is the Wings have no cap or roster space. Getting rid of bodies is a must if a move is going to be made. It's frustrating, to say the least. None of the GR guys should go back, but when everyone is healthy, I have no idea how this situation will be resolved. Even Eaves has proven his worth. He could be possible trade bait, but he doesn't give a whole lot of cap relief. If they waived one or all of Cleary, Bertuzzi and Sammy, it would give us roster space, but not cap space. Holland has backed himself into a corner with no good way out.

F.Michael likes this

You have it pegged, but the only problem is the Wings have no cap or roster space. Getting rid of bodies is a must if a move is going to be made. It's frustrating, to say the least. None of the GR guys should go back, but when everyone is healthy, I have no idea how this situation will be resolved. Even Eaves has proven his worth. He could be possible trade bait, but he doesn't give a whole lot of cap relief. If they waived one or all of Cleary, Bertuzzi and Sammy, it would give us roster space, but not cap space. Holland has backed himself into a corner with no good way out.

I mean, he's definitely in a hot spot, but personally I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Holland has always been reluctant to move potential, but if he is willing and can find the right deal around a young player, prospect, or pick then I don't see the vets being a problem. Here's why: If you're Florida and you're willing to trade Fleischmann for prospects and picks and Detroit is the right match for you, but the only way to make it work is to take Sammy as well, then you'd be stupid not to do it. Sammy's cap hit wouldn't matter because you've got plenty of room. You'd only have to pay about 1/3 of his salary because actual salary is pro-rated for the season. And finally, he's not under contract so he doesn't hurt you long term. Basically, You'd lose Fleischmann's bigger salary for Sammy's smaller one, and you'd gain the prospects and picks which wouldn't count against you financially until next year (at the earliest). At which point Sammy would be gone to free agency or retirement, and it wouldn't matter.

Also since Sammy isn't playing much (at all) and he's getting paid either way, I don't see it being a hard sell to convince him to waive his no-trade clause to go "earn" his money soaking up the sun in Florida for a couple of months.

Using the same formula you could potentially move anyone. Hell, if you can get clear of Sammy then everyone else would be a piece of cake.

I would trade for fleischmann, get rid of Bert, Sammy, Cleary, and Quincy.. I would have my lines be

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alf

Fleisch, Weiss, Franzen

Tatar, helm, nyquist

Jurco, Sheahan, eaves/tootoo

Kronwall, Eric

Dekeyser, smith

Lash, marchenko/sproul/alm

Howard

Gust

Sounds good to me if Samuelsson would agree to it. You wouldn't think he'd be opposed to it, but he's not always easy to figure out.

I would trade for fleischmann, get rid of Bert, Sammy, Cleary, and Quincy.. I would have my lines be

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alf

Fleisch, Weiss, Franzen

Tatar, helm, nyquist

Jurco, Sheahan, eaves/tootoo

Kronwall, Eric

Dekeyser, smith

Lash, marchenko/sproul/alm

Howard

Gust

I like your gusto, but you just gutted your penalty killing. Miller and Andersson are key components in one of the league's better PKs.

Sounds good to me if Samuelsson would agree to it. You wouldn't think he'd be opposed to it, but he's not always easy to figure out.

Agreed. I mean, it's entirely hypothetical. I was just trying to explain why I don't see Sammy as "unmovable" the way many do.

Also, because it's possible doesn't mean it's probable.

Also Also, I still don't want Fleischmann. I just think that's the kind of move Holland would do.

I like your gusto, but you just gutted your penalty killing. Miller and Andersson are key components in one of the league's better PKs.

Agreed. I mean, it's entirely hypothetical. I was just trying to explain why I don't see Sammy as "unmovable" the way many do.

Also, because it's possible doesn't mean it's probable.

Also Also, I still don't want Fleischmann. I just think that's the kind of move Holland would do.

True, but again, I appreciate common sense and logic behind trade proposals or ways to improve the Wings. I just don't know enough about how NTC are applied or how etched in stone they are or how open players are to waiving them. But since Sammy played in FLA, and I think liked it there, it could be a way to get him to agree to a trade. It would make sense for the Panthers to get rid of a guy who is struggling and be able to pick up some prospects or picks. Sammy can't improve his situation or get a contract for next year (if that's what he wants) by sitting in the press box.

It absolutely seems like something Holland would do. Its too bad he's not a RH shot. I think that would make him much more appealing.

Wouldn't mind giving up a draft pick to pick up a grinder. Not neccisalry an enforcer with 0 hockey skill like most want on this team. Someone like Jim Slater for example

Wouldn't mind giving up a draft pick to pick up a grinder. Not neccisalry an enforcer with 0 hockey skill like most want on this team. Someone like Jim Slater for example

I'd rather be able to keep both Callahan and Sheahan next year.

I think at this stage and with his health issues Franzen might be a buyout option. I am not sure what he might fetch at the deadline as it all depends on his health. I would put Quincey, Eaves, Smith, and Kindl on the market and see what can be had for them. I think there is only about 6 Wings that I would say are off limits. Everyone else should/could be moved to make this team better going into next year.

Steve ott man .... Steve ott .... If we got just him at the deadline I'd be happy

I'd use a pick to grab a guy like Ehrhoff or Tallinder from a team right out of it like Buffalo for insurance. I'd also want something on the right side you could rent like maybe Setoguchi (3M prorated) or Frolik (2.3 cap hit prorated) from Winnipeg.

That'd be crazy if we got rid of Bert, but he might be the only one of our three old guys that has any value to another team.

I couldn't see us getting back too much for him though, and we couldn't take on another body so a prospect and a pick for Bert?

I would like to :

Add stay-at-home, tough DEF like : McQuaid or Goudas (but would be happy with Mark Stuart also).

Add some toughness : Gazdic (can skate, hit and fight)

Alf - Dats - Tatar

Nyquist - Z - Franzen

Jurco - She - Weiss

Abdelkader - Helm - Gazdic

Kronwall - DeKe

E - Smith

Mcquaid/Goudas/Stuart - Ouellet/Sproul

That'd be crazy if we got rid of Bert, but he might be the only one of our three old guys that has any value to another team.

I couldn't see us getting back too much for him though, and we couldn't take on another body so a prospect and a pick for Bert?

Caps are rumored to want to move Mike Green. Could be a RH shot for us at the point.

Bertuzzi + Kindl for Green?

Caps are rumored to want to move Mike Green. Could be a RH shot for us at the point.

Bertuzzi + Kindl for Green?

We would need to add a 1st. Unless green is a UFA i have no idea.

Green is owed over 6 mil next season then is a UFA

If we can get him down to Kronwall level salary when he re-signs I think he would be a great pairing for DD to play with. Leaves Smith and Lashoff for bottom pair for now. Green was given that contract when he put up huge numbers but isn't earning it anymore.

With the way the young guys are playing, I'd be calling around telling teams they can have our 3rd rounder if they would just take Sammy off our hands. He is no longer an option for Babs, and his salary is hand cuffing us from icing the best roster when healthy. Sammy only has a list of teams he won't go too, if there's a team with cap room that'd like an extra draft pick, give Holland a call!

dirtydangles likes this

Just thinking out loud a bit. Gustovsson might be our most valuable piece right now. If Howard can get 100% healthy, we have Mrasek ready, so who needs a G?

Sheahan has proven himself this stretch to at least deserve to stay and see how he ends the season .... Time for Kenny to pull off some magic and get rid of some oldies by the deadline