• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

Not big on the idea of Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist. I really want a big body on that right wing. Jurco could use a little more time in the AHL, but if he's playing with Z and D, and his main job is to go to the net? I'd say he's ready for that.

I don't think I want Alfredsson in the top six. He could be a matchup advantage on the third line. Maybe the third line doesn't have to be quite so sheltered with him on it.

Sheahan's best suited for center, IMHO. At the very least, he gives us a big body at center, something we're otherwise sorely lacking.

I agree with you on Z-D-N. It's just too much of similar ingredients. Everyone should remember that, though Nyquist played great with Z, He really didn't gel with Dats. There was a bunch of articles about how people thought Nyquist was deferring to Dats. So if we want Nyquist with Z, that means we split up the euro twins and they play with Weiss which might work (could help out Weiss). Or Z plays center, but we have many centers that it would probably push Weiss or Sheahan to an unnatural position which I think doesn't play to their strengths.

I disagree with number9 that Nyquist NEEDS to play with Z. He played great with others and I think he showed last year that he excelled when he was the one driving the play. Him with Weiss and Franzen is fine and allows other players to be where they should be.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Jurco

Nyquist Weiss Tatar

Franzen Sheahan Alfie

Miller Helm Abby

Jurco has to be ready to make the next step. Babcock needs to tell him that his body and his skill set are exactly what Z and D need at this point.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Jurco

Nyquist Weiss Tatar

Franzen Sheahan Alfie

Miller Helm Abby

Jurco has to be ready to make the next step. Babcock needs to tell him that his body and his skill set are exactly what Z and D need at this point.

LOL

More like "have fun in Grand Rapids, see you in January!!!!!"

Yes too busy going for beers with babs and Kenny lol

I edit my original statement. I don't want to gossip like that. I think the trainers guard may have been down because we were mostly discussing his Ice Bucket Challenge and my ALS.

If you edit my quote out of your post, I'll put up a vid of the trainer I was talking to working the Wings. :-)

Having rethought this, I'd still have no problem putting Datsyuk with Z and Nyquist, even just to see if it works. High octane offence, speed and hands that could destroy an opposing line. Yes they're lacking in size, but size isn't everything.

Anyway, this debate is beginning to annoy me slightly as to the reality that Jurco will most likely start the year in the AHL. And yes while a little seasoning in the AHL would be good for him, he more than held his own last year, otherwise he wouldn't have stayed. While I feel like pulling for Cleary to have a good camp, in some ways I'm hoping Jurco just runs circles around everyone so he forces everyone's hand.

I edit my original statement. I don't want to gossip like that. I think the trainers guard may have been down because we were mostly discussing his Ice Bucket Challenge and my ALS.

If you edit my quote out of your post, I'll put up a vid of the trainer I was talking to working the Wings. :-)

Because you asked so nicely I deleted it.

How about not having any line that has more than one soft Euro on it?

Can someone come up with such a combination?

our line 4's are all canadian/american.

if u have a problem with soft euros talk to hakan andersson. he scouted all of our soft euros.

Edited by martinezsvsu

what about the Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen line? I remember those three doing good as a unit and lazy balls actually showed a bit of drive finally.

Gives the option to try

Datsyuk Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Zetteberg Franzen

Jurco Sheahan Tatar

Miller Helm Abby

Gives the option to try

Datsyuk Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Zetteberg Franzen

Jurco Sheahan Tatar

Miller Helm Abby

Won't happen. No one to pull the piano for dats.

Edit: auto correct sucks.

Edited by Euro_Twins

Last year they were pushing for a second line of Franzen-Weiss-Alfie. This combo never worked at all. That was probably partly due to Weiss's injury, but they just never showed any chemistry. It still seems like a likely scenario so hopefully they can gel. Franzen and Weiss, at least, will surely see some time together.