Tatar-Helm-Mule

Tootoo-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller/Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-DeKeyser

Smith-Q

Lashoff

Howard

There's something to be said for having 3 scoring lines, and Franzen loves living in the shadows so 3rd line with 2 insanely hard working kids is a good place for him.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Z Dats Abby (Dats and Babs seem to like Abby on this line)

Alfie Weiss Mule

Tatar Helm Nyquist

Miller Andersson 1 of Bert, Sammy, Eaves, Tootoo

Kronner Big Rig

Dekeyser Smith (probably won't happen, but Smith needs a defensive D-man as a partner)

Kindl Quincey

Howard

Where it gets interesting is the Power plays

PP1

Z dats Mule

Kron Alfie

PP2??????

Abby Weiss Nyquist? Tatar?

Ericsson Dekeyser? Quincey?

I almost think that they may need to take Alfie off the point and play him as a forward and put Z on the second unit, but that second PP is going to be young if they don't?

I have been waiting for a lines thread, but i didn't want to be the one who started it. I didn't want to be internet grounded.

Here's what I'd like to see...

Trade Eaves

Drop Emmerton

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Bench: Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Drew Miller ($1.350m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)
Bench: Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Bench: Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,214,545; BONUSES: $3,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,095,455

- I like the way Bert plays with Pav, and i think he has the offensive abilities to hang on a top line still. If hes injured just move Abby up, or plug Sammy in.

- 2nd line looks like a lot of fire power for a 2nd line. Hopefully Franzen steps up, and scores a ton with the new guys this year.

- 3rd line is the same as last year, but we switch Brunner w/ Tatar, and i think tots plays a more agressive/ defensive game then Brunner. This line was pretty good in the playoffs. i think once they get a little time together this group can be a very effective depth scoring threat.

- 4th line is a new version of the grind line. These three guys don't have a ton of scoring touch, but they would get the job done with hard work alone. Not to mention the amount of penalties they would draw. Id really love to see this line happen.

Dekeyser Smith (probably won't happen, but Smith needs a defensive D-man as a partner)

This is the same thing i was thinking. Deke is a solid defensive defenseman, Smith needs someone like this to partner with so he doesnt get caught pinching.

Z Dats Abby (Dats and Babs seem to like Abby on this line)

Alfie Weiss Mule

Tatar Helm Nyquist

Miller Andersson 1 of Bert, Sammy, Eaves, Tootoo

Kronner Big Rig

Kindl Quincey

Howard

Where it gets interesting is the Power plays

PP1

Z dats Mule

Kron Alfie

PP2??????

Abby Weiss Nyquist? Tatar?

Ericsson Dekeyser? Quincey?

I almost think that they may need to take Alfie off the point and play him as a forward and put Z on the second unit, but that second PP is going to be young if they don't?

Babcock said that alfie was gonna start on the point so i guess we will see how he does there

but heres how i hope the pp lines go

PP1

Z, Pav, Franzen

Kron, Alfie

PP2

Nyquist, fil Weiss, Tatar

Smith, Kindl

Am I the only one getting excited every time I see Helm's name on the roster?? I mean, I am uber-excited to see Weiss and Alfredsson play for the Winged Wheel, they're going to kill it; Helm just breathes life into this team. Can't wait to see him in action again!!

Hopefully he will play again. I am as Holland puts it, "cautiously optimistic"

Am I the only one getting excited every time I see Helm's name on the roster?? I mean, I am uber-excited to see Weiss and Alfredsson play for the Winged Wheel, they're going to kill it; Helm just breathes life into this team. Can't wait to see him in action again!!

just because people are putting him in there doesn't mean he is back. if you follow the helm thread, theres still mixed messages coming out. of course we all want him back, but i think its important to remain cautiously optimistic.

Hank-Pav-Bert

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Tootoo-Andersson-Abby

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Kindl-Ericsson

Smith-Quincey

Howard

I know Abby finally started to play well on the top line. But let's be real, he's def not a top line guy. He should be on an energy/grit line. And even though Big Bert has had some injury issues, his chemistry with Pavel far exceeds Abby's. Hope Babcock goes with these lines.

I just saw a spotlight shine above my house but instead of it being the Bat Signal it was the Blueadams Signal.

Alf - Pav - Mule

Hank - Weiss - Nyquist

Tatar - Helm - Bert

Sammy - Anderson - Abby

Miller/Tootoo

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Smith - Ericsson

Kindl - Quincey

Lashoff

Howard

Z-Dats-Alfie

Mule-Weiss-Gus

Abby-Helm-Bert (Hilarity would ensue between whistles.)
Tatar-Andersson-Samuelsson (Kind of seems like more of a 3rd line, but maybe we'll have a 3a, 3b situation.)

Emmerton, Miller (Eaves and Tootoo gone, think we should keep Emmerton as Helm insurance)

Kronner-E

Kindl-Q

Smith-DK (I'd like this pairing to grow together, and get used to one another)

Lashoff

Howard

Monster

Guest DeGraa55

Z-dat-abby

Alfie-weiss-franzina

Nyquist-anderson-tatar

Miller-helm-eaves

Emmerton goes in if a center is hurt

Bert fills in for first winger hurt

Kronwall Ericsson

Smith dekeyser

Kind Quincey

Howard.

I think this makes us the most complete we can possibly be. You keep Abby on top line to do his thing. And it gives us three legit scoring lines(still lack of size :().

I like Anderson third and helm 4th A LOT MORE. Anderson will help out more offensively IMO. And with helms back a little less ice time might be good. It also gives you miller And helm all ready together for some PKs as well.

I know Abby finally started to play well on the top line. But let's be real, he's def not a top line guy. He should be on an energy/grit line. And even though Big Bert has had some injury issues, his chemistry with Pavel far exceeds Abby's. Hope Babcock goes with these lines.

I think this is a case of the sum being greater than it's parts.

Homer on his own wasn't a top 6 forward, but what he did as far as net front presence and puck retrieval made that line very good for a number of years.

While I think it will take Abby a few seasons ,if ever, to develop a net front presence (some guys never do). His puck retrieval skills are very good, I also think this is why Cleary saw so much time with Dats.

Z-dat-abby

Alfie-weiss-franzina

Nyquist-anderson-tatar

Miller-helm-eaves

Emmerton goes in if a center is hurt

Bert fills in for first winger hurt

Kronwall Ericsson

Smith dekeyser

Kind Quincey

Howard.

I think this makes us the most complete we can possibly be. You keep Abby on top line to do his thing. And it gives us three legit scoring lines(still lack of size :().

I like Anderson third and helm 4th A LOT MORE. Anderson will help out more offensively IMO. And with helms back a little less ice time might be good. It also gives you miller And helm all ready together for some PKs as well.

What's that? Waste space and not score?

3 points in 12 playoff games, while playing with top line players is hardly decent.

Guest Crymson

All I can say at this point is how awesomely entertaining would Zetterberg Datsyuk Nyquist--------->#Eurotrips #sawitherefirst

Nyquist is still too small to produce against top opposition.