• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

From TSN:

The Russians are practicing for the first time since NHL players arrived for the Olympics, and captain Pavel Dstsyuk is the only skater not on the ice.

"I don't think it's a serious problem, dangerous. I think he's going to be okay," said Russian coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

I watched portions of both womens games today and was really impressed. The quality level has really gone up since last time I saw it, the goaltending especially which I remember as being particularly bad.

My wife commented that it was like watching the Sheffield Steelers (British team) and I have to agree with her, kinda ECHL level..

I wouldn't say they're at that level just yet. US women's team went 2-2 against some East coast boys high school teams in January.

I guess that's what happens when they invite Martin and Orpik, over Byfuglien and Yandle. Still don't understand the logic (or lack thereof). It's even more ridiculous than not letting Bobby Ryan on the team.

Because we've got plenty of defensive scoring without Yandle or Byfuglien and we needed players who could actually play adequate defensive defense now and again. Byfulgien is TERRIBLE defensively and putting him out there against Canada or Sweden would be tantamount to handling them the Gold Medal. Yandle is better than Buf, but still why pick him when Suter, Fowler, Shattenkirk, and McDonagh are all scoring as much as he is this year AND play defense better too?

So, what's the schedule looking like? Haven't watched a second of the Olympics yet. Fill me in?

the hockey schedule looks like your DVR should get a decent amount of work in this olympic season

They could be these...yikes!

12324548193_b9d81e479e.jpg

slovenia hockey: aka kopitar & friends.

the hockey schedule looks like your DVR should get a decent amount of work in this olympic season

slovenia hockey: aka kopitar & friends.

Perhaps you're forgetting about a secret little weapon known as Jan Mursak. BOOM! How's it feel to have a bomb dropped on your a**?!!

I don't care....for once I can say DAVID BACKES IS ON OUR TEAM!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

One of my favourite non-wings players... too bad I can't say the same.

I'll have some pride for the Canadians, but I like to watch how the Wings' players do in these tournaments. I won't be cheering for the USA unless they have Howard in net though.

orpik is a good shut down defender. i think our defense will be fine.

Orpik's dirtbag style of constant cross checks and hits from behind will land him in the box in the Olympics. Just like 2006 Pronger.

One of my favourite non-wings players... too bad I can't say the same.

I'll have some pride for the Canadians, but I like to watch how the Wings' players do in these tournaments. I won't be cheering for the USA unless they have Howard in net though.

I'm Canadian and I'm pulling for Sweden, Slovakia and Russia. Let's Go Wings! When I don't like Canada's team top to bottom, I cheer for Wings above Canada.

From TSN:

The Canadian men's Olympic hockey team practised for the first time in Sochi on Monday, providing a look into the potential makeup of the lineup for Thursday's tournament opener against Norway.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the coaching staff admitted the likelihood of tinkering with the lines used in practice over the next two days, particularly the fourth unit.

Damn near perfect.