• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Who cares about women's hockey anyways

Count me as one of lots.

From NESN:

U.S. goalie Jessie Vetter lost track of a rebound, and the puck fell into the net. The linesman blew the whistle before the puck crossed the line, but it was still ruled a goal on the review.

Not a word about the "iffy" penalty in the final minute of the game, resulting in a six-on-four situation? Interesting.

Wow.. Babs is pretty happy.

tumblr_n0vzghyDql1r6b5glo1_400.jpg

He's probably laughing at the horrific goal the USA women's goalie let in and that her Dwoman scored on her. The whistle blew right before it went in the net, but regardless that was a bad goal to let in. This I assume is why Babs is enjoying such a good chuckle.

He's probably laughing at the horrific goal the USA women's goalie let in and that her Dwoman scored on her. The whistle blew right before it went in the net, but regardless that was a bad goal to let in. This I assume is why Babs is enjoying such a good chuckle.

Babs is happy to not be coaching the Wings for the next two weeks.

OH YES I DID

Is there any way to watch these games if you have a job?

No I don't have TiVo.

Well if your tablet/handy is supporting flash you can watch them on streams, mute it and record the thing (if there are apps for that).

Other than that I'm in the same boat but can't do anything about it, the timeframe just......well...sucks :(

Well if your tablet/handy is supporting flash you can watch them on streams, mute it and record the thing (if there are apps for that).

Other than that I'm in the same boat but can't do anything about it, the timeframe just......well...sucks :(

Nah, I'm not that savvy.

Would be nice if primetime coverage would show re-runs of hockey like they do other Olympic events (FIGURE SKATING!!!), but Bob Costas would never go for that.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If this is against the rules hopefully a Mod will delete it and I'll share it via PM, but if you are outside of Canada and would like to take advantage of CBC's webcast here is how you can get around the Geo blocking.

For those that aren't familiar with CBC's web coverage of the games you can select any event from any point in the games and watch it in its entirety.

To access it you'll need to first connect to a proxy server in Canada (this one here was working when I tested it just now)

IP - 199.185.61.1 Port - 8081

connecting to a proxy server is different depending on which browser you're using here is how you get to those settings in the most popular browsers

Firefox - Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings > Manual proxy configuration

Google Chrome - Options > Under the hood > Network > Change proxy settings > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP

- If you're running the newest version of Chrome, go to Settings, then at the bottom click "show advanced settings" > Change proxy settings > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP - Then enter the IP and Port addresses and delete the numbers under "Secure" if there are any.

Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN settings > Use a proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.

I've only tested it with Chrome and it worked great. Hopefully that helps my American friends who are busy during the day keep up with the games. (I can't help with the Beer Fridge unfortunately.)

Edited by FlashyG

So, I work in Washington D.C., and apparently NOBODY can deal with snow down here. So pretty much every employer (including mine) cancelled work tomorrow because of the (slightly) above average snow storm we're currently receiving.

Soooo, while you suckers are toiling away at work tomorrow I'll be watching USA hockey. And while you suckers are sleeping tonight, I'm getting loaded.

Working for the gov't is AWESOME!

Wokeup early just to watch!

Russias offensive firepower is blinding.

And team USA looks better than Slovakia but honestly not by that much. Fairly even game so far.

Also, Pasha appears to be still skating on one leg. Very worrisome for the rest of our season.

Wokeup early just to watch!

Russias offensive firepower is blinding.

And team USA looks better than Slovakia but honestly not by that much. Fairly even game so far.

Also, Pasha appears to be still skating on one leg. Very worrisome for the rest of our season.

I'm not watching but the shot count is good.. 11-4 in favor of murica Edited by amato