• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

All season?  You guys must have really short memories because he started the season like dog crap.

works every time

#22 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

You must not have been watching franzen playing this year...

Of course I have, Mule is one of my favorite players to watch even when his performance has been sub par. Because when he brings it, he brings it. I'm just saying that he has his negative moments as much as anyone else, and he can't point his finger at anyone else without pointing at himself as well. 

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#23 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

You must not have been watching franzen playing this year...

Of course I have, Mule is one of my favorite players to watch even when his performance has been sub par. Because when he brings it, he brings it. I'm just saying that he has his negative moments as much as anyone else, and he can't point his finger at anyone else without pointing at himself as well. 

He is

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Franzen calling out the team? Even when he is one of the guys who show up for a week or so then disappear for a month....trade him in June...He has been doing well so his value is high.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#25 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

That really made me laugh.

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

I don't need to read the quote. Lets fuc$&@g go . No need to understate things here you walk out of that room you see the crowd and lights. Push it more than you have so far

F****** right. Push it harder than you ever have before.

I have no problem with us losing and missing the playoffs if every man on the team is giving his all at all times. Then it's just a matter of us simply not being talented enough and every other team being healthy and pushing, and that's not this current lineup's fault.

But I really do feel like if there's maximum effort along with real heart and trust and all that good stuff, we've got a good chance. Anything less than that, though? Start booking tee times.

F****** right. Push it harder than you ever have before.

That's what she said.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

if one thing has been made clear with these injuries, it's that tatar/nyquist are not players in the mold of datsyuk/zetterberg - they aren't the guys that are going to carry your team.  they're secondary players.

Are you trolling, or being sarcastic? It's so weird to me how literally every post you make is negative. They're rookies, and killing it.

#28 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like a call out. It sounds like a regular interview, in the same style we've been hearing for months.

To me what Kronwall said was much more of a call out, but it's not like either guy used any strong language or tore into anyone.

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything inflammatory in anything either guy said.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#29 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Ya you can tell on the power play their confidence is gone. Losing everyone and not expecting them back is probably daunting on them and they understand they have little chance

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

This team makes us all laugh...stop bitching about it if you aren't willing to make it better by getting better players in here.  Oh wait, you want to trade Kindl for Stamkos, I get it.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#31 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like a call out. It sounds like a regular interview, in the same style we've been hearing for months.

To me what Kronwall said was much more of a call out, but it's not like either guy used any strong language or tore into anyone.

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything inflammatory in anything either guy said.

I don't see it either. All he did was go into more detail knstead of the typical "we lost we need to be better." I see no reason to read anything into this at all. They all look disengaged and unmotivated and scared. He's simply stating what we could all see. Only difference is he plays so woah huge deal.

#32 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

This team makes us all laugh...stop bitching about it if you aren't willing to make it better by getting better players in here.  Oh wait, you want to trade Kindl for Stamkos, I get it.

Kindl and a 3rd just to be fair.

In all seriousness, to say that the team's confidence is damaged would be an understatement. We play 30 minutes of good hockey then it's "meh". We need to string together a decent winning streak now more than ever, especially if we hope to get back in the playoff race. They don't have to be pretty wins, one goal games would suit me fine.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I don't see it either. All he did was go into more detail knstead of the typical "we lost we need to be better." I see no reason to read anything into this at all. They all look disengaged and unmotivated and scared. He's simply stating what we could all see. Only difference is he plays so woah huge deal.

The big deal is that he went into more detail.  That's the state of modern sports. Everybody is as generic as possible, so when someone actually admits to something that we all can see, it's a "big deal."

Though no one is saying it's a "big deal" really.  Not like he insulted anyone.  It's just a refreshing sign to have someone give us something other than the most generic, bland statement possible.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

The big deal is that he went into more detail.  That's the state of modern sports. Everybody is as generic as possible, so when someone actually admits to something that we all can see, it's a "big deal."

Though no one is saying it's a "big deal" really.  Not like he insulted anyone.  It's just a refreshing sign to have someone give us something other than the most generic, bland statement possible.

The statement might be stronger then usual, but I don't see it as being all that much enlightening.

Hasn't Babs been saying the same thing, for what seems like months now?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#35 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

This is just how Franzen is. He thought there wasn't enough joy, and he said so. Now he feels there isn't enough trust and buy-in, and so he's saying so. He's not above criticism, but I really don't feel like he's one of our bigger issues. He's been great for us. But he and a clearly hurting Alfredsson are our only big guns, and they can only do so much. The team as a whole has to rise to the challenge. The team has to become a real team.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#36 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Franzen's right,but there were times when the team desperately needed him to step up but he didn't "have fun" to do so.

#37 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

great then how about scoring some goals tonight Johan

#38 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Are you trolling, or being sarcastic? It's so weird to me how literally every post you make is negative. They're rookies, and killing it.

Must not feed the trolls.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#39 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Lets set some things straight.

1. Franzen has not played great all year. He has played like crap fro most of the year. In October he played 12 games and scored 2 goals, both in the same game. In November he played in 10 games-missed 4 while hurt and scored 4 goals. In december he played in 8 games, missed 6 while hurt and scored 3 goals. In january he played 1 game, missed 12 and scored 0 goals. In February he played in 2 games, missed 4 others and scored 3 goals-all in the same game. March he has played in 7 games, missed none and has 3 goals. But again nothing the last 4.

2. Leaders lead, not push. If you want to lead Johan, put the puck in the net! That is how leaders do it.

3. Leaders also don't disappear. I understand that no one scores in every game. But goals scorers do it more than once a month. Your even worse, because when you don't score you stop skating, checking, playing D etc.....

#40 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

If anyone on the team is in a position to say this, it's Franzen.  He has been our best player over the injury streak.