• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsAlways

Franzen calls out team

Rate this topic

if one thing has been made clear with these injuries, it's that tatar/nyquist are not players in the mold of datsyuk/zetterberg - they aren't the guys that are going to carry your team. they're secondary players.

Are you trolling, or being sarcastic? It's so weird to me how literally every post you make is negative. They're rookies, and killing it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like a call out. It sounds like a regular interview, in the same style we've been hearing for months.

To me what Kronwall said was much more of a call out, but it's not like either guy used any strong language or tore into anyone.

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything inflammatory in anything either guy said.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it doesn't sound like a call out. It sounds like a regular interview, in the same style we've been hearing for months.

To me what Kronwall said was much more of a call out, but it's not like either guy used any strong language or tore into anyone.

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything inflammatory in anything either guy said.

I don't see it either. All he did was go into more detail knstead of the typical "we lost we need to be better." I see no reason to read anything into this at all. They all look disengaged and unmotivated and scared. He's simply stating what we could all see. Only difference is he plays so woah huge deal.

This team makes us all laugh...stop bitching about it if you aren't willing to make it better by getting better players in here. Oh wait, you want to trade Kindl for Stamkos, I get it.

Kindl and a 3rd just to be fair.

In all seriousness, to say that the team's confidence is damaged would be an understatement. We play 30 minutes of good hockey then it's "meh". We need to string together a decent winning streak now more than ever, especially if we hope to get back in the playoff race. They don't have to be pretty wins, one goal games would suit me fine.

I don't see it either. All he did was go into more detail knstead of the typical "we lost we need to be better." I see no reason to read anything into this at all. They all look disengaged and unmotivated and scared. He's simply stating what we could all see. Only difference is he plays so woah huge deal.

The big deal is that he went into more detail. That's the state of modern sports. Everybody is as generic as possible, so when someone actually admits to something that we all can see, it's a "big deal."

Though no one is saying it's a "big deal" really. Not like he insulted anyone. It's just a refreshing sign to have someone give us something other than the most generic, bland statement possible.

The big deal is that he went into more detail. That's the state of modern sports. Everybody is as generic as possible, so when someone actually admits to something that we all can see, it's a "big deal."

Though no one is saying it's a "big deal" really. Not like he insulted anyone. It's just a refreshing sign to have someone give us something other than the most generic, bland statement possible.

The statement might be stronger then usual, but I don't see it as being all that much enlightening.

Hasn't Babs been saying the same thing, for what seems like months now?

This is just how Franzen is. He thought there wasn't enough joy, and he said so. Now he feels there isn't enough trust and buy-in, and so he's saying so. He's not above criticism, but I really don't feel like he's one of our bigger issues. He's been great for us. But he and a clearly hurting Alfredsson are our only big guns, and they can only do so much. The team as a whole has to rise to the challenge. The team has to become a real team.

Lets set some things straight.

1. Franzen has not played great all year. He has played like crap fro most of the year. In October he played 12 games and scored 2 goals, both in the same game. In November he played in 10 games-missed 4 while hurt and scored 4 goals. In december he played in 8 games, missed 6 while hurt and scored 3 goals. In january he played 1 game, missed 12 and scored 0 goals. In February he played in 2 games, missed 4 others and scored 3 goals-all in the same game. March he has played in 7 games, missed none and has 3 goals. But again nothing the last 4.

2. Leaders lead, not push. If you want to lead Johan, put the puck in the net! That is how leaders do it.

3. Leaders also don't disappear. I understand that no one scores in every game. But goals scorers do it more than once a month. Your even worse, because when you don't score you stop skating, checking, playing D etc.....

if one thing has been made clear with these injuries, it's that tatar/nyquist are not players in the mold of datsyuk/zetterberg - they aren't the guys that are going to carry your team. they're secondary players.

WTF it's their rookie seasons. Didn't realize Datsyuk/Z could have taken over for Stevie/Feds in 02/03 time frame

Edited by ben_usmc

Lets set some things straight.

1. Franzen has not played great all year. He has played like crap fro most of the year. In October he played 12 games and scored 2 goals, both in the same game. In November he played in 10 games-missed 4 while hurt and scored 4 goals. In december he played in 8 games, missed 6 while hurt and scored 3 goals. In january he played 1 game, missed 12 and scored 0 goals. In February he played in 2 games, missed 4 others and scored 3 goals-all in the same game. March he has played in 7 games, missed none and has 3 goals. But again nothing the last 4.

2. Leaders lead, not push. If you want to lead Johan, put the puck in the net! That is how leaders do it.

3. Leaders also don't disappear. I understand that no one scores in every game. But goals scorers do it more than once a month. Your even worse, because when you don't score you stop skating, checking, playing D etc.....

Pro rated over a full year, on pace for 30 goals and 68 points... God why is he so awful. That's definitely not worth his 4 million cap hit.

I know he started like poo and has seen little birdies floating around his head this year. But I think the biggest thing with him is that I am guessing they figured out the proper dosages for depression meds and that's why we are seeing a better overall effort for him.

You subtract 2 games from franzen this year and he has 3 months with 0 goals. That isn't great. I don't care about his pro rated numbers. he has 30+ goals once in his 9 year career. it isn't something he is going to do. Do you really expect nyquist to score 40 goals next season? that is his pace this year..... no. he isn't that type of player.

You subtract 2 games from franzen this year and he has 3 months with 0 goals. That isn't great. I don't care about his pro rated numbers. he has 30+ goals once in his 9 year career. it isn't something he is going to do. Do you really expect nyquist to score 40 goals next season? that is his pace this year..... no. he isn't that type of player.

He's on pace for 30 goals, which is quite possible. Nyquist is on pace for 36, why is that not possible? He is very young and still developing and it's not like his goals are fluky? They are all good goals, don't understand how you can discredit that. It seems some people like to complain even about the positives and spin them into negatives

He's on pace for 30 goals, which is quite possible. Nyquist is on pace for 36, why is that not possible? He is very young and still developing and it's not like his goals are fluky? They are all good goals, don't understand how you can discredit that. It seems some people like to complain even about the positives and spin them into negatives

Some people?

And if you subtract the 7 games he didn't score in those months then he scored in every game he played in for 3 whole months. Subtracting facts to make your argument is asinine. Fact is when guys went down he stepped up. He can't carry the team forever and you can't expect him to score everygame when the other team knows that he's the guy.

LOL.....every time I read your posts I get a laugh..... man, do you watch this team???? Have you seen this kid Gus? These kids??? Look at the score sheet over the last 5 games and tell me who is carrying the team.

Watch a game and then repost

If anyone on the team is in a position to say this, it's Franzen. He has been our best player over the injury streak.

That's because every other candidate is hurt OR because the only two players that haven't been hurt this year are Quincey and Miller.....and Miller has been a defensive stud ...just sayin

And if you subtract the 7 games he didn't score in those months then he scored in every game he played in for 3 whole months. Subtracting facts to make your argument is asinine. Fact is when guys went down he stepped up. He can't carry the team forever and you can't expect him to score everygame when the other team knows that he's the guy.

nevermind

Edited by Opie