• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Kassian on the way out of Van?

Rate this topic

Spector had a little thing about the Canucks not being happy with Kassian. Well if they want to dump a 23 year old 6-3/215 RHed forward that is mean and can score, I would gladly take him! From Detroit (Windsor) as well. Yes he is still growing up mentally, but so is most of our team. Would be a good future Bert type to balance out some of our smallness.

VANCOUVER PROVINCE: Tony Gallagher notes how call-up winger Nicklas Jensen got promoted to the Canucks top line over Zack Kassian.

Gallagher believes Kassian doesn’t have a future with the Canucks as long as John Tortorella is coach, suggesting the big winger request a trade.

If management refuses to trade Kassian (who’s a restricted free agent this summer),

Gallagher suggests he “should simply ignore all Vancouver contract offers, go to arbitration and set about taking his leave as quickly as possible.”

Here's the full article, not just the Spector edits:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Gallagher+Kassian+needs+Canucks+orbit+decent+shot/9632501/story.html

There's a lot of suggestion here that doesn't necessarily pan out to much. No where does it say that Kassian was upset about the move.

In fact, he said all the right things and is playing the good little soldier. I believe that there will be plenty of moves made in VAN during the offseason, but I'm guessing a young big boy like Kassian isn't part of any deals.

There are reasons why these type of stories make it in the "rumors" sections. Could be spot on or 100% false. But if Van is dumb enough to give up on him this early, I would gladly help them out. His 11 goals would be 5th on our team this year, and he would bring some physical play that we sorely need. Not to mention the RH shot.

No to this guy yes he is big, physical and a SOB but he also shows absolutely no class and acts like a stupid agitator and never backs it up.

I'd rather have Matt than Zack Kassian

but wow Gillis really screwed over the Canucks youth

Grabner, a first for Ballard never worked out

Hodgson for Kassian lol

and then the hiring of John I hate hockeyplayers Tortarella I will be very shocked if Gillis is still the GM come offseason.

Edited by frankgrimes

No to this guy yes he is big, physical and a SOB but he also shows absolutely no class and acts like a stupid agitator and never backs it up.

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

There are reasons why these type of stories make it in the "rumors" sections. Could be spot on or 100% false. But if Van is dumb enough to give up on him this early, I would gladly help them out. His 11 goals would be 5th on our team this year, and he would bring some physical play that we sorely need. Not to mention the RH shot.

Tied with Legwand for 7th actually. And possibly behind Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, and Jurco had they been healthy/played a full year.

There's just no room for him here. About the only spot we could make for him would be in place of Abby, which negates the additional physical play. If he could kill penalties I'd be all for it, but unless Vancouver wants to give him away I'd have to pass.

I am kinda shocked at how many think Hodgson is a good hockey player. He is terrible defensively and at faceoffs. Widely known for being lazy.

As for people being a jerk, I could tell you some stories about Steve Chassion, Bob Probert, yes Stevie Y, that most wouldn't believe of choose to believe. Fact is, I don't care. If you show up and do your job, that is what matters.

I like what Kassian brings, I don't like that he's a cheap shot artist. He's RFA though so it's highly unlikely we even pursue him let alone get him for something reasonable.

Adding Malykhin and Mantha is already more than enough at F

I like what Kassian brings, I don't like that he's a cheap shot artist. He's RFA though so it's highly unlikely we even pursue him let alone get him for something reasonable.

Adding Malykhin and Mantha is already more than enough at F

Malykhin?

KHL player, 23, 5'11" 200lbs, a center, & from the same town as Pavs. And here's where a comment about counting chickens comes into play.

This is the first time I've ever seen that name mentioned. Is he rumored to the Wings somehow?

Malykhin?

This years Brunner. His favorite player is Datsyuk.

KHL player, 23, 5'11" 200lbs, a center, & from the same town as Pavs. And here's where a comment about counting chickens comes into play.

Naturally

This is the first time I've ever seen that name mentioned. Is he rumored to the Wings somehow?

He's 22 undrafted. Basically exploded this year in the KHL. Every NHL team will be fielding him offers, but he's rumored to the Red Wings because Datsyuk is his idol.

*Obligatory Kassian mention*

This years Brunner. His favorite player is Datsyuk.

Naturally

He's 22 undrafted. Basically exploded this year in the KHL. Every NHL team will be fielding him offers, but he's rumored to the Red Wings because Datsyuk is his idol.

*Obligatory Kassian mention*

He still has a year left on his KHL contract right?

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

Can't stand the ass and don't ever want him here.

It's bizarre to me that they haven't signed somebody who Datsyuk could relate to more.

Haven't been any Russians available that aren't text book D bags. I'm surprised we haven't drafted another Russian other than Marchenko... Though they are proving to be riskier to draft