• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Would You Trade For Matt Greene's Rights?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't trade for his rights, but I'd interested in him as a UFA. RH, big, physical, can move the puck. A good #6 to pair with Smith. If the kids aren't ready to make the jump, we need 2 defenceman. A top 4 guy to go with DeKeyser, and a #6. Greene fills one of those needs.

No need to. I would love to see Greene to pair with Smith. That gives of 5 solid to very good Dmen out of the six. Now make a move for a guy to pair with Dekeyser and we are set. Gives O/S the time they need to develop in GR-bothstill have 2 years of time left before waivers.

you all seem to forget that the rest of the GMs like to rape Holland, so no, I don't feel like giving up Mantha for Greene...and you know that's what they will all be asking in return. Greene would look good here, but the asking price for a bag of pucks will be at least Jurco, and uncle Gary allows this ass raping to go on...

I've always been a fan of Greene's. Very physical defensive defenseman who makes you pay in front of the net and in the corners. Great team and locker room guy too.

It sounds like the physical toll on his body has started to catch up with him though, and while he's never had great footspeed, he's gotten slower.

As a bottom pairing guy/pk at the right price, sure. It'd be fun to watch him and Ericsson knock guys around.

you all seem to forget that the rest of the GMs like to rape Holland, so no, I don't feel like giving up Mantha for Greene...and you know that's what they will all be asking in return. Greene would look good here, but the asking price for a bag of pucks will be at least Jurco, and uncle Gary allows this ass raping to go on...

There's no way that you can believe that anybody would realistically use Anthony Mantha as a starting piece for Matt Greene. Furthermore, that's only the second craziest thing in your post. The first is your insinuation both that Gary Bettman somehow has something to do with the prices other GMs ask from Ken Holland on the trade market and that he ought to be doing something about it rather than "allowing this ass raping to go on".

Don't forget Marchenko....I agree that we're almost to the point of having too many bodies on D. I wouldn't look for them to sign or trade for anyone on D that isn't a top pairing guy...I wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing on the D other than letting Quincey walk until camp rolls around and they see how far the kids have progressed. I think that would be the smart play

How do Sproul/Ouellet/Almqvist effect what we do in the offseason?

I would trade Almqvist. Sproul and Ouellet are still very young; there's no rush. Marchenko's probably ready to be our #6, but there's no rush. Quincey, Kindl, Lashoff are all replaceable.

So, we shouldn't be afraid to bring in outside help. It's not like Sproul and Ouellet are gonna bolt to the KHL.

I like Matt Greene. We could use a guy like him. I'd wait to sign him in free agency, though.

Don't forget Marchenko....I agree that we're almost to the point of having too many bodies on D. I wouldn't look for them to sign or trade for anyone on D that isn't a top pairing guy...I wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing on the D other than letting Quincey walk until camp rolls around and they see how far the kids have progressed. I think that would be the smart play

I'm not a big Quincey fan, but I wouldn't just let him walk because "Well, we have some good kids, and we'll see where they're at. After all the good free agents have signed elsewhere."

I've always been a fan of Greene's. Very physical defensive defenseman who makes you pay in front of the net and in the corners. Great team and locker room guy too.

It sounds like the physical toll on his body has started to catch up with him though, and while he's never had great footspeed, he's gotten slower.

As a bottom pairing guy/pk at the right price, sure. It'd be fun to watch him and Ericsson knock guys around.

Also: we know he can handle a possession-centric system (because he plays for Darryl Sutter). That's not always the case with big, mean defensive defensemen.

we've seen what holding back some of our forwards over old vets has done this year. Is there a case that we could do

the same with the young D men?

Almquist 23 5'11" 178lb LH I really hope that Almquist gets a good chance to show what he can do in pre-season, although I fear his fate

would have been decided long before the 2014-15 camp gets here. Out of options and with a crowded roster next year means Wings fans

may never see Adam in a Wings uniform again. His top hockey sense and passing skill from the blueline may not be enough to give him that

extra look that he needs to earn that spot on the roster. Maybe he goes to another organisation and hits it off, but I can't see him being able

to do it here. His points from the blueline in GR are not to be sniffed at and are just short of what Kronwall put up while on the farm. I fear the

numbers game will see Almquist leave this summer.

Marchenko 22 6'2 212lb RH has been one of the griffins most reliable D men this year and stepped into the AHL without missing a beat.

Played almost 100 games in the KHL and was nearly a PPG in his early years in the MHL. Played 10 games as a 17yr old for CSKA, and

you dont do that without someone seeing you've got what it takes. Alexei looks like he could step into a # 6/7 spot next season and it would

not surprise me if he does.

Sproul 21 6'4" 205lb RH the Wings are going to pick Ryan over Almquist to be the future 2PP QB. His size and booming shot will give him

the uperhand. Adam has more hockey smarts but his lack of size will see his time in Detroit cut short this summer by being traded or him

looking for pastures new. Sproul has had a solid first pro year in GR and was rewarded by his last day call up. By all accounts he made a

good impression on Babs which is never a bad thing too do. Another summer in the gym could see the rookie return at 220lb and give him

a shot at making the senior side, but another year in GR to hone is skill's and defensive duties is more likely.

Ouellet 20 6' 200lb LH the solidly built French Canadien is a future Cpt/A in the making. He makes smart plays and is rarely caught out of

position. He didn't try anything fancy in his 4 games he did see in Detroit and would make a decent safe # 6 or 7 in Detroit next year. He has

had a steady first year in the pros and is capable of putting up some decent numbers, which is what I think he will be doing in GR next year

along with his last day game partner in St Louis. Another year seasoning is what Xavier will get and then he'll be making a real push for a

2015-16 roster spot.

Again, the only kid we really need to worry about is Almqvist. Ouellet is 20, Sproul is 21, they're first-year pros, they're not pounding on the door and threatening to walk if we bring in some outside help. Same idea with Marchenko. Our blue line is already plenty young (isn't that what we hate about it?), and injuries/depth will be an issue, and Quincey isn't necessarily returning, and Kindl and Lashoff can be traded if necessary.

Edited by Dabura

Again, the only kid we really need to worry about is Almqvist. Ouellet is 20, Sproul is 21, they're first-year pros, they're not pounding on the door and threatening to walk if we bring in some outside help. Same idea with Marchenko. Our blue line is already plenty young (isn't that what we hate about it?), and injuries/depth will be an issue, and Quincey isn't necessarily returning, and Kindl and Lashoff can be traded if necessary.

The problem with all of this is that we need defensive help now, not in 2 years time.

Who can we get that's better than Kindl and Lashoff ( and hopefully Quincey and Smith) that will sign here for no more than 2 years? Anyone of any major value is going to want a long term deal.

On top of that, And Mac just signed a 6 year/30M deal, so that's whast those caliber of D-men get paid now.

The problem with all of this is that we need defensive help now, not in 2 years time.

Who can we get that's better than Kindl and Lashoff ( and hopefully Quincey and Smith) that will sign here for no more than 2 years? Anyone of any major value is going to want a long term deal.

On top of that, And Mac just signed a 6 year/30M deal, so that's whast those caliber of D-men get paid now.

Dan Boyle

Marek Zidlicky

Kimmo Timonen

Derek Morris

What do you propose Holland does with Quincey then? He's a UFA, they either have to sign him or let him walk. I highly doubt he'll take a paycut or anything less than a multi-year deal (3-4 years)...

That was supposed to have been a quoted response for Dabura. I'm with you, Dickie, I'd let Quincey walk, pencil Almquist in the 7th spot, and explore the trade market using Kindl as part of a package for an upgrade.

That was supposed to have been a quoted response for Dabura. I'm with you, Dickie, I'd let Quincey walk, pencil Almquist in the 7th spot, and explore the trade market using Kindl as part of a package for an upgrade.

Counting the injured players Almquist is their 11th best d. I don't care about his AHL points he'd be destroyed in his own zone in the NHL. Marchenko Ouellet and Sproul are all ahead of him and Jensen has better NHL potential too.