There is lots of smoke about Ott moving him. Thoughts?
1. Ott is cash strapped so i think he will get moved.
2. Spezza is 31 this summer, 6-3/220 RHed, C, great play maker, good scorer, and great at puck poss. He is not a banger. But he does use his size and strength to move through the D.
3. First glance, I thought no. But the more I think about it, he is the type of player I think Holland would go for. Fits our system well and brings more size and O to our team.
4. Think of a top 6 with Datsyuk, Z, Spezza, Nyquist, with Jurco, Mantha, Sheahan, and tatar fighting for spots. Not to mention Weiss and Franzen.
5. This is his last year-scheduled to be a UFA next summer. This will drive down the cost of trading for him. The rumor mongers are saying: NHL player, prospect and a 1st to get him.
6. Ott sucked on D last year. We have some pieces that we could move to make this happen. NHL player, 1 of: Tatar or Helm; Prospect: Ouellet or Mrazek; Draft pick: 2014 1st.
7. if we pick him up, then of course sign him to a 4 year extension. Takes him through the year he turns 36.
Ok flame away.......