• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Holland and Babcock basically said that Alfie has a spot if his back is completely healed. Sounds like they will make room for him but they're not going to lock him up until he can prove his condition.

There's a difference between wanting to talk to agents and players and actually going forward and signing someone. Holland is talking to everyone in order to do his due diligence. When/if he finds out that Niskanen won't sign for less than ridiculous money, Boyle only wants a 3 year deal, Moulson thinks he's worth 6 years, $6.5 mil per, etc. and he doesn't think that they're worth close to those deals, he'll move on and sign another player to a more or less sane contract.

There's a difference between wanting to talk to agents and players and actually going forward and signing someone. Holland is talking to everyone in order to do his due diligence. When/if he finds out that Niskanen won't sign for less than ridiculous money, Boyle only wants a 3 year deal, Moulson thinks he's worth 6 years, $6.5 mil per, etc. and he doesn't think that they're worth close to those deals, he'll move on and sign another player to a more or less sane contract.

I think this is common every year but this year there is that new window where GM's can talk to opposing teams agents/players and its a lot easier for reporters to find out who is talking to who.

Been reading the Vancouver Canucks blog site and not one person is mentioning Detroit and Kesler. It's all about the Chicago Blackhawks. I think that's where he will end up IMO.

Kesler narrowed his list to two teams Anaheim and Chicago so all others are out.

Being interested is nice and all but getting the job done is the real problem and if we aren't prepared to overpay for guys like Niskanen, Statsny we aren't going to get them simply as that.

Edited by frankgrimes

There is no way the Hawks can afford to trade for Kesler. They only have 4.6M left to sign 4 players. That to go along with both Toews and Kane looking to add on another 3-4+M each after next season. They're definitely not going to trade any of their big names (Toews, Kanem or Keith), They're not likely to trade any of their support guys either (Sharp, Hossa or Seabrook), and the Canucks aren't likely to take on any of their overpaid players (Bickell, Hjalmarsson or Oduya). I just don't see them adding a 5M Kessler to that lineup. Either way, the Hawks are going to be in for a world of hurt after next season when Toews and Kane are looking for their HUGE paydays...

There is no way the Hawks can afford to trade for Kesler. They only have 4.6M left to sign 4 players. That to go along with both Toews and Kane looking to add on another 3-4+M each after next season. They're definitely not going to trade any of their big names (Toews, Kanem or Keith), They're not likely to trade any of their support guys either (Sharp, Hossa or Seabrook), and the Canucks aren't likely to take on any of their overpaid players (Bickell, Hjalmarsson or Oduya). I just don't see them adding a 5M Kessler to that lineup. Either way, the Hawks are going to be in for a world of hurt after next season when Toews and Kane are looking for their HUGE paydays...

I'm sure they would prefer not trading to Chicago or Anaheim if they could avoid it since they would face him a ton each season. It would make sense that they would prefer to go East but then again it comes down to what Kesler wants.

Kesler narrowed his list to two teams Anaheim and Chicago so all others are out.

Source on that?

The only thing I've seen reported is his list of 6 teams he'd accept a deal to, one of which was Detroit.

McKenzie and Dreger talked about it on tsn either yesterday or the day before.

I understood it that out of the 6 teams on his list CHI/ANA had made the best offers. Could be way wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

I think if Holland wanted to get Kesler he could def make it happen. I'm sure Kesler wouldn't mind coming home. We have assets that could get the trade done. Him actually doing it is a different story. Where there is smoke there is fire and not a lot smoke coming from Detroit. We would have heard about it by now.

McKenzie and Dreger talked about it on tsn either yesterday or the day before.

I've heard them say that they were the only teams interested in Kesler from his list of 6 teams, and that they were the only ones in discussions with the Canucks.

Until today that is when a 3rd team entered the mix along with several others that were trying to convince Kesler to add them to their list. (Rumors are Detroit is the new entrant that is on his list and Florida for the 1st round pick is the team trying to convince him to add them).

Of course the 2 guys we're linked too are scumbags who I hate (Thornton/Kesler) :lol: But there damn good players, and improve our chances a ton. So i'll forget everything should either end up here. On Kesler, why would Vancouver trade him to Chicago or Anaheim? You're gonna see him ALOT, and Kesler is the kind of guy who'd abuse the Canucks every night he gets a chance at em. This isn't Gillis, Benning is a smart guy. He's not gonna let Kesler have the gun to his head, I think Kesler is going east. Whether it be us, or someone else.

If Kesler really thinks he can 'muscle' Canuck mgt into making the trade to either of those 2 teams - well - he better be prepared to play in a Canucks jersey come October, or sit out for a few months.

I dunno.....Wasn't he said to be a Avs fan back in the day?

My point is that with the top notch reporting today, there haven't been any reports by any major news source that suggests Holland is even kicking the tires on Kesler. I think it's extremely unlikely unless Holland comes in with a strong last minute offer. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

It seems to me that all the talk of Brian Cambell wanting to be traded disappeared. Was that not true or is his contract unmoveable?

He didn't say he wanted out nor did he ask to be traded... he told Tallon that he'd be willing to waive his no movement (or no trade... whichever it is.) if anyone asked and he felt it was a good fit.

I've heard them say that they were the only teams interested in Kesler from his list of 6 teams, and that they were the only ones in discussions with the Canucks.

Until today that is when a 3rd team entered the mix along with several others that were trying to convince Kesler to add them to their list. (Rumors are Detroit is the new entrant that is on his list and Florida for the 1st round pick is the team trying to convince him to add them).

Hard to keep up with all the change but lol good luck for the Canucks getting Kesler to add Florida to his list.

If Kesler really thinks he can 'muscle' Canuck mgt into making the trade to either of those 2 teams - well - he better be prepared to play in a Canucks jersey come October, or sit out for a few months.

I dunno.....Wasn't he said to be a Avs fan back in the day?

Well I'm sure he is prepared for that but are the Canucks ? I think they want a clean start with only guys who want to be there and get this thing rolling instead of focusing on "does this guy want to be here or not ?" it's also difficult for the players because they want to trust their linemates.

There is also an Eklund rumor that some deals have already been completed today but the NHL doesn't want them announced till tomorrow.

Its Eklund though so their probably false.

Oh boy here come the Eklund rumors. Not sure why the NHL would hold them back.

Oh boy here come the Eklund rumors. Not sure why the NHL would hold them back.

Well there is TSN who tries to build up all this drama around draft day trades. The NHL could be interested in getting teams to announce trades on the draft floor like Bettman did with Brent Burns and whoever it was. Make it more interesting.

He didn't say he wanted out nor did he ask to be traded... he told Tallon that he'd be willing to waive his no movement (or no trade... whichever it is.) if anyone asked and he felt it was a good fit.

I found one of the links. A lot of places reported this rumour.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/brian-campbell-wants-out-of-florida--says-report-161740679.html

The speculation was that he wants out. But no interest, I guess or just not true. I just thought it's weird that of all the names I've heard nobody talks about him.

Maybe 7.1 and 35 are numbers that just don't add up?

Edit: Oops, apparently his cap hit isn't 7.5

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk