• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

1,817 posts in this topic

Man I really didn't see us coming up empty handed. There are no more options on defense out there that really are an upgrade on what we have. Sad day for Wings fans everywhere.

The other option is to play the kids on the back end, and bring Mantha into the top 6. Why not?

I agree. At this point its better than bringing in garbage.

I fully expect Iginla to sign with the Spurs next season, just so he can chase another championship. He played for one team all those years, and is now going wild.

I'm okay with this. I mean, he's no Jiri Hudler, but I think the Spurs can make it happen for him.

I'm pretty convinced Khan was wrong about Niskanen.

So apparently I'm currently in the denial stage of grieving.

Stralman to TB makes me think this too. So I'm right there with you.

I feel so bad for Z and Pav. Winding down their careers on a middling, borderline playoff team stuck in mediocrity. They deserve better for everything they have given to the organization.

Babs is already packing his bags. Why would he stay in this situation?

Z Winged Dangler likes this

Stralman to TB makes me think this too. So I'm right there with you.

Don't get your hopes up, Kenny always knows how to disappoint

Ehrhoff and Boyle signed lower than expected, but I think more than a few other guys are getting too much

Time for another lockout?

I'm gonna go play some games cause Holland has sufficiently bored the s*** out of me. When I check back here, Cleary and Quincey better be signing long term contracts, and we better be in talks with Sammy! ;)

I'm gonna go play some games cause Holland has sufficiently bored the s*** out of me. When I check back here, Cleary and Quincey better be signing long term contracts, and we better be in talks with Sammy! ;)[/

quote]

By the end of this day Sammy will have Kenny's job.

Z Winged Dangler likes this

At this point why not take a flier on McBain for the third pair and trade Kindl. That, at least, is an improvement. And given his age he could still grow into something better.

Dallas is making moves, trying to improve, and players aren't refusing to sign there.

Tampa Bay is making moves, trying to improve, and players aren't refusing to sign there.

Am I sensing a theme?

People who know history know that Holland didn't build those late 90's Cup teams. He spent to maintain them (02) after they had been built by Bowman and his predecessors. Furthermore, Holland was lucky in 08 and 09. (See Joe Dumars for reference). Having the best defenseman in a generation (along with prime Dats and Z) can do that to an organization. He didn't build the Wings championships and he sure as hell can't build them now.

People shouldn't be complaining about getting fleeced in the Legwand deal. The team got fleeced in losing Yzerman and Nill.

Edited by Internet.Unknown