• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

Either do I that's why I said "May have", we'll never know the whole and accurate truth to that episode. What we do know is that one of the all time great Bolts did NOT say, wow, I really want to be a part of what Yzerman is doing.

But he did say "I want to be closer to my family" and getting left of the Olympic squad "definitely had something to do with it." That was a situation that was a lot more cut and dry, and Yzerman handled it about as well as could reasonably be expected. He was the one who came out of that situation looking like the good guy, and he did the best he could in trade given that his hands were tied.

Quincey, who left the Red Wings as an unrestricted free agent, could be getting a phone call soon as he’s gone unsigned Tuesday — and the Red Wings went 0-for.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140701/SPORTS0103/307010101#ixzz36FIprfDT

Sprinkles for the FA sundae.

This is unreal. I legitimately feel like I'm being punked. The only reason to stand pat in the offseason is if your'e the Stanley Cup champion, or you've got zero cap space. Neither applies to Detroit.

Don't worry. Holland will sign someone, probably a couple someones. They just won't be players anyone else wants at the term/price/movement clause.

Fourth year in a row I've been excited for "FA Frenzy" only to be disappointed when 9 out of the 10 top FA's are signed up already... When will I learn?!

I didn't have anyone in particular in mind - I just wanted to see us get better. Its getting pretty close to us just needing asses to fill bench seats.

i'm not gonna get excited FA Frenzy anymore,it's starting to affect my working,because i'm wanting to look a my phone while i'm at work.

Let's start a different thread about what all time great Red Wing demanded a trade on Hollands watch because of clashing with him and his ways. Don't need to further muck up this thread with it.

Myers isn't that good. No, it isn't.

Myers plays for the Sabres. A kid and a pick for someone who won the Calder Trophy and might very well regain that form in a new setting might be worth it. It'd have to be the right kid, though. I wouldn't move Mantha, probably not Nyquist either. Maybe Tatar. Maybe Jurco.

I'm not saying he's The Answer. But I've seen enough of him to feel he'd be worth a good look.

This is unreal. I legitimately feel like I'm being punked. The only reason to stand pat in the offseason is if your'e the Stanley Cup champion, or you've got zero cap space. Neither applies to Detroit.

We're not the Stanley Cup champions?

I hear Calgary signed Engelland. Are they just going to have a team full of enforcers ... and Hudler? Watch them win the Cup...

Oh, and Holland sucks! I'm sorry, it had to be said. I hope I did not ruffle anyone's feathers.

Myers plays for the Sabres. A kid and a pick for someone who won the Calder Trophy and might very well regain that form in a new setting might be worth it. It'd have to be the right kid, though. I wouldn't move Mantha, probably not Nyquist either. Maybe Tatar. Maybe Jurco.

I'm not saying he's The Answer. But I've seen enough of him to feel he'd be worth a good look.

Tatar just score 19 goals as a rookie, and Jurco is a big, skilled, winger the likes of which we've dreamed of in Detroit for years. And you would be willing to move them for a big goober who had a good year and hasn't done s*** since? Barrett Jackman won a Calder too. I wouldn't trade Tatar or Jurco for him, then or now.

The only reason people consider it with Myers is because he's big, which might as well be a magic spell in the hockey world. If Myers had all the same stats and accolades, speed and shot, and was 6'1 205, you'd never...ever...trade Tatar or Jurco for him.

Let's start a different thread about what all time great Red Wing demanded a trade on Hollands watch because of clashing with him and his ways. Don't need to further muck up this thread with it.

Better idea: just don't make the post or a thread to suggest something so absurd and almost certainly wrong. The topic was beat to death months ago, and again, it's pretty cut and dry what went down. To try to flagrantly spin another point out of it just to criticize or question Yzerman's ability is bound to not go over well anywhere on these forums.