• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Ferraro re-signed: 1-year $550K (2-way)

Rate this topic

Pretty sure he wouldn't have to go through waivers. I think he's tripped over the number of years threshold, but I believe you have to trip over both that and games played and he's got a long way to go before he gets to the games played threshold.

I agree that it would suck to lose him for nothing, as goes for any asset, but Landon Ferraro, in my opinion is a fringe NHL player at best. Besides we more than made up for the potential loss with all the other signings this offseason. Surely one of the 6 or 7 guys we signed (Miele, Zengerle, Porter, Nosek, Berschbach, Hirschfield, Campbell) will become equal to or better than Ferraro. Now if we lose Callahan for nothing, I will be pissed.

Yeah I don't think Ferraro has much of a future with this team. If anything, hes the next Miller, which there are tons of in this league.

Doesn't hurt to keep him in GR and give him another chance in the big club, he didn't look too well last season but nerves looked to play a big part.

Not that I don't understand trying to establish yourself as a player in the NHL, but even next season, I just don't see the room for him here. I guess it makes sense to stick with the organization that drafts you, but he's got very little chance of being a Red Wing. It wouldn't be the worst thing for his career if someone picked him up on waivers, though I doubt anyone will.

A friend of mine who tends bar in Grand Rapids at a place the Griffins frequent said a while back that Ferraro told him that he didn't think he had a future with the wings. Sounded like he knew it was going to have to be some other big club to give him a chance. Too many guys ahead of him.

I don't want to ride him off completely, be he simply looked out of place in his limited time in the NHL. I don't see him being much more than a fourth liner with at best having potential as a 3rd liner.

To be fair, we were saying pretty much the same thing about Sheahan not so long ago.

If another team claims him on waivers, doesn't he have to be placed on their active NHL roster? Or can you claim someone and assign them to the AHL?

In 99.999999% of the time, a claimed player would have to go through waivers a second time if claimed by an NHL team who then wanted to assign the player to the AHL. The lone exception to that is when a player who was already claimed on waivers is waived a second time & the team that initially lost him on waivers reclaims him. In that case, the original team can send him straight to the AHL.