• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : Bruins 1 at Red Wings 2.

Rate this topic

After reading for months on these forums about how members wanted the team to tank it and how the team was going to suck balls this year, I think most people have relaxed a bit. This team is not horrible. Boston was coming off a tough game last night, and the Wings really did play like they had the fresher legs. Still, I was happy with the result.

Smith really did look good. Franzen's play was much improved. I really enjoy watching the kids out there. They are gaining confidence and that is going to serve them well. Can't wait to see them play on Saturday.

Guest DeGraa55

People are saying the wings will have a great year AFTER ONE GAME? Really? Please look at these last few years. The wins always start good then they get broken down and we know how things go from there.

It was a great game and smith looked good(like I've been saying for a year now) as well as the rest of the kids.

Hopefully Franzen stays in his beast mode while dat is out. Cause we all know that 40 game stretch of floating Franzen will happen.

Also find it funny people complaining about Abby in top line and he gets the first goal lol. Holland pleeeeease find a top line winger pleeeeease I beg of you!!!!!

People are saying the wings will have a great year AFTER ONE GAME? Really? Please look at these last few years. The wins always start good then they get broken down and we know how things go from there.

It was a great game and smith looked good(like I've been saying for a year now) as well as the rest of the kids.

Hopefully Franzen stays in his beast mode while dat is out. Cause we all know that 40 game stretch of floating Franzen will happen.

Also find it funny people complaining about Abby in top line and he gets the first goal lol. Holland pleeeeease find a top line winger pleeeeease I beg of you!!!!!

You’ve been the one eager to point out that they were going to have a bad year based on ZERO games. So, whatever.

Anybody got a highlights video of tonights game? Please/thank you

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boston-bruins-detroit-red-wings-2014100905/ or

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2014020009&navid=nhl:topheads

If it wasn't for Ericson brain fart, it'd be 2-0. Jimmy looked good, great start. A win against the Bruins is a win against the Bruins.

Happy Birthday Z!

Edited by RedWingsRox

Guest DeGraa55

So if Franzen continues this pace and gets 0 goals and 164 assists would people call him lazy because he's supposed to be a goal scorer? :)

If that line stays the same one would assume Abby would have about 60 goals and z with 100? Lol

Ok you're right abby with 20 and z with 140

So if Franzen continues this pace and gets 0 goals and 164 assists would people call him lazy because he's supposed to be a goal scorer? :)

If that line stays the same one would assume Abby would have about 60 goals and z with 100? Lol

Ok you're right abby with 20 and z with 140

Youve been the one eager to point out that they were going to have a bad year based on ZERO games. So, whatever.

You're right. The fact that for a few years now the wings start off good then as the season goes on they wear down and the injuries add up, has nothing to do with my prediction. I just pulled it out of my ass just like those who say "ya the wings will be top 4 in the east".

Sorry but there's far more facts supporting my prediction.

Better health does not come with older age.

Didn't watch it until midnight PST...

B.Smith = fricking awesome game. I don't even care about the penalty... thought he was right there with DD for 2nd star.

Franzen = badass... he did it all tonight. Give him credit.

Other than that... great energy in the 2nd and beginning of 3rd putting pressure on Boston. Ran out of gas at the end a little but, still a decent effort.

2 pts!

On Ericsson giveway i was like: "oh no!!! last year is haunting us".... Then i've watch the effort which clearly was a Team effort. All in all wings looked good, even kindl wasn't so bad. Shame we didn't see much of nyquist, but maybe putting him with helm is a wish to keep speedy lines... although i'd have switched franzen with goose.

On Ericsson giveway i was like: "oh no!!! last year is haunting us".... Then i've watch the effort which clearly was a Team effort. All in all wings looked good, even kindl wasn't so bad. Shame we didn't see much of nyquist, but maybe putting him with helm is a wish to keep speedy lines... although i'd have switched franzen with goose.

Why? Franzen wouldn't have scored any points, and we probably lose the game. I would have switched Abby and goose, but mule and z were perfect together.

Guest DeGraa55

Why? Franzen wouldn't have scored any points, and we probably lose the game. I would have switched Abby and goose, but mule and z were perfect together.[/quote

Why? Using your logic Abbs ass woukdnt of scored a goal and we prolly lose the game.

Guest DeGraa55

Q was solid last night... Let's hope he can keep it at this level

Actually I think most everyone did except cleary. He can't even sit in the press box properly!!

All in all, good defensive performance, although that 4 on 3 was scary, but the PK was real solid. I'm surprised that Chara wasn't always in front of hte net on boston PP.

And I agree also on Q playing good last night.

and love how mickey pointed out the fact that kindl iced the puck because of taking too much time to make a play <3

Edited by Yzerman19

It certainly felt like a new team. They were very energetic, fresh, and skating hard. It was a very entertaining game to watch and we kept a good Boston team at bay.

Ericsson's turn-over was frustrating, but plays like that should be easily coached out. Ericsson had some pretty good offensive plays where he hopped up into the play and created chances.

I really like that we're seeing a lot more youth this year. Yesterday's Red Wings were experienced but jaded. Today's Red Wings are a group of young, energetic guys lead by experienced veterans.

The team is faster than last year, but most importantly they're playing as a unit. One person moves up, someone's already moving to fill their space. Support, support, support. That already makes a difference over last year. Offense still looks a little anemic, but at least they're shooting at the net now. If Smith and Quincey continue to stay solid our defense might not actually be a liability this season.

Due to some catastrophic computer failure (about 5 minutes before puck drop) I missed all of the game minus the last ten minutes. At which point it was a penalty-fest and wasn't worth much to watch. Anybody willing to give a recap of the high points?

You're right. The fact that for a few years now the wings start off good then as the season goes on they wear down and the injuries add up, has nothing to do with my prediction. I just pulled it out of my ass just like those who say "ya the wings will be top 4 in the east".

Sorry but there's far more facts supporting my prediction.

Better health does not come with older age.

What 'few years' are you referring to? 2010-11 is the only one out of the past five seasons that the Red wings have really started off well.

The team is faster than last year, but most importantly they're playing as a unit. One person moves up, someone's already moving to fill their space. Support, support, support. That already makes a difference over last year. Offense still looks a little anemic, but at least they're shooting at the net now. If Smith and Quincey continue to stay solid our defense might not actually be a liability this season.

This is the most noticeable difference that I saw from last year. It really helped to keep Boston bogged down and helped the wings offensively as they transitioned quickly, kept pucks in, etc

I sort of feel bad for some of you that the Wings came back and won that game... I mean, I'm sure there are a few that had paragraphs ready to post about how "terrible" we are, but to their disappointment, we managed to outplay a "better" Bruins team in every facet of the game. We pulled out a huge win to kick off the season, and people are still spewing the same old s*** about the same old players... Get over it!

The top two defense pairings looked great, Quincey played solid, Kindl didn't make any catastrophic mistakes, Zetterberg still doesn't look himself, but still played great, Franzen played great, Abdelkader scored a goal on the top line (off his ass, how he scores a lot of his goal...), Helm didn't look too out of place on the power-play (great assist on Nyquist' goal), the kids looked great, the 4th line was very solid, the penalty kill was perfect, although the power-play struggled at the start, they still produced, Howard looked great after that first gaff by Ericsson...

We played with great structure and skated as a unit, covering positions, fore-checking and back-checking, all in all, it was a great game and we looked much faster and hungrier through the entire game. Yes, I'm well aware that it was only one game, but it was a game that we won, so quit the bitching...