• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Franzen to 7-day IR

Rate this topic

That's exactly what it isn't with Weiss. They've said numerous times that they're going to bring him along slowly. I agree he needs to get in some games as soon as possible but it definitely isn't a sink or swim situation. They're going to be patient with him. The guy just needs to get his confidence back up. That's just not going to happen playing third line minutes with non offensive linemates. He also needs to play the position he has played his whole career - center...

Guest Praying Mantha

You forgot the fragile glass groin of our Monster

Oh yah. He's like Glass Joe on acid.

That's exactly what it isn't with Weiss. They've said numerous times that they're going to bring him along slowly. I agree he needs to get in some games as soon as possible but it definitely isn't a sink or swim situation. They're going to be patient with him. The guy just needs to get his confidence back up. That's just not going to happen playing third line minutes with non offensive linemates. He also needs to play the position he has played his whole career - center...

I can understand Weiss being rusty from his time off, but I don't think we should handicap his performance based on his linemates. He's a 12 year veteran of the league and a professional athlete.

If you have Henrik Zetterberg coming off a long term injury, even if you put him on the 4th line on the wing, you're going to see flashes of Zetterberg. I realize not everyone is Hank, but look at Darren Helm. He came off a long injury but still looked like himself when he got back, just a slightly rustier version.

I don't know what's going on with the guy but I've seen none of that from Weiss.

EDIT: Just realized this isn't the Weiss thread :lol:

If anyone feels compelled to reply about Weiss they can do it here.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/76800-weiss/page-7

On topic, what exactly is Franzen's injury?

I can understand Weiss being rusty from his time off, but I don't think we should handicap his performance based on his linemates. He's a 12 year veteran of the league and a professional athlete.

If you have Henrik Zetterberg coming off a long term injury, even if you put him on the 4th line on the wing, you're going to see flashes of Zetterberg. I realize not everyone is Hank, but look at Darren Helm. He came off a long injury but still looked like himself when he got back, just a slightly rustier version.

I don't know what's going on with the guy but I've seen none of that from Weiss.

EDIT: Just realized this isn't the Weiss thread :lol:

On topic, what exactly is Franzen's injury?

Ha. It gets hard to keep them separated, right?

And last I heard it was unspecified lower body injury.

From the sound of it they're just erring on the side of caution with him.

Ha. It gets hard to keep them separated, right?

And last I heard it was unspecified lower body injury.

From the sound of it they're just erring on the side of caution with him.

I thought I heard something about cramping at one point but now only hear the catch-all lower body injury that you mention.

I just wonder if it's a soft tissue injury that Babcock was talking about in the off season. Something to the effect of how the team seemed prone to them so they need to look at all angles and figure out what's going on.

I thought I heard something about cramping at one point but now only hear the catch-all lower body injury that you mention.

I just wonder if it's a soft tissue injury that Babcock was talking about in the off season. Something to the effect of how the team seemed prone to them so they need to look at all angles and figure out what's going on.

I seen the cramp tweets/reports too, can't find em now.

And he did go into the boards pretty hard on his back. Better to be cautious while were playing well So he's not in ltir when we need him.

Helm, Franzen, and Ericsson are the Glass Joe's of the Wings.

Most of them are made out of glass :confused:

Candy Ass in other words. ;)

It's just Franzen saying he's not ready. Franzen is just a guy that will choose to sit every once in a while when most people would just play through it. If this was a game that mattered he would play. I'm sure there's some sort of pain but your average hockey player is playing with some sort of nagging discomfort

Guest DeGraa55

Right?! Girls are inferior! Crosby's a whiner so let's call him Cindy! Guys club!

Seriously though, it sucks but we actually have some depth right now.

We have bodies yes but not good depth. Very few goal scorers in our "depth". Which will continue to be our problem.

Right?! Girls are inferior! Crosby's a whiner so let's call him Cindy! Guys club!

Seriously though, it sucks but we actually have some depth right now.

this all the way truth is its exciting to see what most of the kids are going to do when you mix match them on the lines I really want to see tats and dats together possibly with Weiss on the wing if they keep Z on the top center line with abby and goose it could be fun to see them dancing around everyone on that second line also maybe throw helm with shehan and jurco possibly spice up that line lord knows jurco and shehan need some goals to get going and the forth line right now has been lights out its going to be interesting when everyone is health and see whos going to be the odd man out I don't envy babs

Edited by sjr2012

We have bodies yes but not good depth. Very few goal scorers in our "depth". Which will continue to be our problem.

Well, if you don't get them in the lineup and you don't let them get ice time to actually score and figure out their game and/or see if they can stick in the NHL...

How will you know if it's truly a problem? Do we just have bodies or do we truly have depth?

I don't like that Franzen is out. I really don't. I'm not one to harp on his softness, streakiness, or how he's prone to injury. With his start, it's a shame he's not able to be in. That being said, we've got Jurco, Nesty, and Weiss all who need to figure out their NHL game and their roles on this team.

This is their opportunity. Let them have it.

Guest DeGraa55

Well, if you don't get them in the lineup and you don't let them get ice time to actually score and figure out their game and/or see if they can stick in the NHL...

How will you know if it's truly a problem? Do we just have bodies or do we truly have depth?

I don't like that Franzen is out. I really don't. I'm not one to harp on his softness, streakiness, or how he's prone to injury. With his start, it's a shame he's not able to be in. That being said, we've got Jurco, Nesty, and Weiss all who need to figure out their NHL game and their roles on this team.

This is their opportunity. Let them have it.

And nesty and jurco are getting the chance. Weiss in his limited action has shown nothing.

The rest of our "depth" is like glendening helm miller Anderson cleary and I'm forgetting some I'm sure.

What we lack is top six depth. Right now we have what? Franzen z nyquist dat Sheahan Tatar and jurco as legitimate top six guys and honestly jurco isn't ready yet. Where's the depth? They go down and who steps in? Abby. Then who? That's kind if my point. We are in a severe lack of top end players. But yes bottom six? Yes you sir are correct. We have the best depth in the nhl for the bottom six.

Edited by DeGraa55

I still wouldn't call Sheahan a legitimate top 6 guy. He's been good, but I think people are too high on him. He's always slated to be a third liner and he reminds me of Helm more than of prime-Weiss or other second line center. At best he's a tweener like Flip was.

Guest Praying Mantha

And nesty and jurco are getting the chance. Weiss in his limited action has shown nothing.

The rest of our "depth" is like glendening helm miller Anderson cleary and I'm forgetting some I'm sure.

What we lack is top six depth. Right now we have what? Franzen z nyquist dat Sheahan Tatar and jurco as legitimate top six guys and honestly jurco isn't ready yet. Where's the depth? They go down and who steps in? Abby. Then who? That's kind if my point. We are in a severe lack of top end players. But yes bottom six? Yes you sir are correct. We have the best depth in the nhl for the bottom six.

Be patient. We have Mantha, Larkin, Frk, and Pulkinnen in development. I'd be surprised if KH doesn't move Kindl /Lashoff + prospect + picks soon for a Semin type player. We are one Semin away from having great top 6 depth.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Mantha

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Semin-Helm-Abdelkader

Jurco-Shehan-Tatar

All 4 of those lines could fill top 2 line rolls.

The forward group needs 1 top line winger.

The Defense needs to lose any or all of Ericsson, Quincey, Kindl, and Lashoff over the next year or 2. We have too many defensemen that are NHL ready. That's a good problem with a GM who isn't a total moron. But Ken Holland will probably wait until the day before all the young guys are going to hit waivers to start "kicking the tires". Then we will see some really bad trades. Seriously, what's taking so long? Kindl, Lashoff, Pulkinnen, 2015 1st and 2016 3rd for Semin.

What is your obsession with having 4 scoring lines? It just doesn't work in the NHL. That lineup 'might' be able to work under the cap for a season, or two 'tops', but what happens when half of those guys are due for a raise? That is why every team needs to have a solid shutdown line, which we do. Having our second line as our forth would never work in this league...

Also, I'd love to have Semin on this team but how the hell did you get him from Carolina, without giving up any of our big name forwards?...

this is why Holland's off season was such a failure. Not that I wanted him to pay the prices other teams were asking for, but he could have been a bit more active in UFA. I get the Cleary promise, but he isn't playing anyway. He waited and waited for Alfie to make a decision...he is still waiting actually. He should have been looking for depth at the top 6. I know Dats and Z are lights out together, but I really think they would be doing much better for this team apart, with other legit scorers on their wing. The only reason they are kept together is they don't have enough top 6 talent to surround them on two line. Weiss has been a wash out (it happens) and now the Sheahan line is being forced to be a top 6 when they are best on the third, because a lot of other teams bottom 6er's can't match them. Now they are playing against other teams top 6 and it is showing a bit.

I fully believe our 4 centers should be Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Sheahan and Helm with Andy in the press box for backup. It will be nearly impossible to get rid of Weiss, but that is fine if he is already destined for the press box anyhow. IMO, if Holland would have been a bit more aggressive July 1st and offered some more cash to the likes of Heatley and Iginla our top 6 would have been perfectly fine with Franzine going down. I mean they wouldn't be missing his output as much as they are going to do so now.

I know the focus was on a RH defender, but when his first couple of targets went elsewhere, instead of panicing and re-signing Q for so much right away, he should have maybe turned focus on his offense and addressed Q in August when he would have cost less...or maybe he would have gone elsewhere, which wouldn't really had mattered. Again the Cleary promise is what it is...stupid, but it happened. I think, a full healthy lineup that looked like this would have been awesome. (also I know it doesn't mean the UFA's would have come here, or at the very least it would have cost a bit more cash.)

Heatley - Datsyuk - Iginla

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendening

Ya, there wasn't enough roster room because of Weiss and Cleary, but that, again, is where Holland screwed up. Andersson and Miller in the press box rotating in and out. I know Nesty wouldn't be here, but he wouldn't have to be when all are healthy. I know its only a 23 man roster and this would have 24, but if push came to shove you can always find a home for Andy or Weiss. Heck, you may be able to waive Andy and he would probably clear. Then there is Cleary.... :facepalm:

All hypothetical of course, since Holland...well...was Holland over the summer.

Guest Praying Mantha

What is your obsession with having 4 scoring lines? It just doesn't work in the NHL. That lineup 'might' be able to work under the cap for a season, or two 'tops', but what happens when half of those guys are due for a raise? That is why every team needs to have a solid shutdown line, which we do. Having our second line as our forth would never work in this league...

Also, I'd love to have Semin on this team but how the hell did you get him from Carolina, without giving up any of our big name forwards?...

Hold on! I'm not saying to PLAY those 4 lines. I would play Glendening-Helm-Andersson as our checking line. I'm just saying the depth would be there once all are healthy and if we could pry Semin away from Carolina. If I were GM, I'd offer Kindl, Lashoff, Pulkinnen, and as many draft picks as it takes. You dont think they would take those 3 guys and 2 first rounders? Semin is not Stamkos. And on top of that, his salary isn't all that appealing. But he's the guy I think we could get for those reasons.

this is why Holland's off season was such a failure. Not that I wanted him to pay the prices other teams were asking for, but he could have been a bit more active in UFA. I get the Cleary promise, but he isn't playing anyway. He waited and waited for Alfie to make a decision...he is still waiting actually. He should have been looking for depth at the top 6. I know Dats and Z are lights out together, but I really think they would be doing much better for this team apart, with other legit scorers on their wing. The only reason they are kept together is they don't have enough top 6 talent to surround them on two line. Weiss has been a wash out (it happens) and now the Sheahan line is being forced to be a top 6 when they are best on the third, because a lot of other teams bottom 6er's can't match them. Now they are playing against other teams top 6 and it is showing a bit.

I fully believe our 4 centers should be Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Sheahan and Helm with Andy in the press box for backup. It will be nearly impossible to get rid of Weiss, but that is fine if he is already destined for the press box anyhow. IMO, if Holland would have been a bit more aggressive July 1st and offered some more cash to the likes of Heatley and Iginla our top 6 would have been perfectly fine with Franzine going down. I mean they wouldn't be missing his output as much as they are going to do so now.

I know the focus was on a RH defender, but when his first couple of targets went elsewhere, instead of panicing and re-signing Q for so much right away, he should have maybe turned focus on his offense and addressed Q in August when he would have cost less...or maybe he would have gone elsewhere, which wouldn't really had mattered. Again the Cleary promise is what it is...stupid, but it happened. I think, a full healthy lineup that looked like this would have been awesome. (also I know it doesn't mean the UFA's would have come here, or at the very least it would have cost a bit more cash.)

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Ya, there wasn't enough roster room because of Weiss and Cleary, but that, again, is where Holland screwed up. Andersson and Miller in the press box rotating in and out. I know Nesty wouldn't be here, but he wouldn't have to be when all are healthy. I know its only a 23 man roster and this would have 24, but if push came to shove you can always find a home for Andy or Weiss. Heck, you may be able to waive Andy and he would probably clear. Then there is Cleary.... :facepalm:

I like your line of thought, but Heatley and Iginla are yesterdays news. No thanks on those two.

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Sometimes I like to imagine that Leftwinger is actually a brilliant comedian, and that his constant Holland/Franzen/Howard/Cleary/Quincey/Ericsson bashing is some sort of masterful performance piece titled, "Subtle Trolling"

Heatley and Iginla on a line with Datsyuk is far better than having Abby and Z on his line with no legit 2nd line. We weren't scoring any big name UFA either way, besides, have Heatley and/or Iginla is no more todays news that having Alfie back. So instead of waiting to hear...be more aggressive.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby

Alfie - Weiss - Franzen

OR

Heatley - Dats - Iginla

Franzen - Z - Nyquist

which one is better...

Bannedforlife - Ok, so nowhere in that post did I BASH anyone except saying Holland made mistakes over the summer by panicking and signing Q way before he had to, NOBODY liked the Cleary promise and his lack of aggressiveness to address the top 6 depth because he was waiting and waiting to hear from Alfie...read...a failure.

It's fine you have a good imagination, but you don't have to know what trolling is to understand that your post is an exact definition of it. Instead of commenting on ANYTHING I said, you decided to comment about me personally in an attack of some sort in an attempt to start a confrontation. Or maybe you really don't know what trolling, subtle or not so subtle, is...