• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Mantha getting closer.

Rate this topic

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Kaser had pics up of Mantha pumping the iron at the Griffs facility. Looked like reps at 225. Nice! Hopefully he is back soon!

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Kaser had pics up of Mantha pumping the iron at the Griffs facility. Looked like reps at 225. Nice! Hopefully he is back soon!

On his twitter account. No idea on how to link to it.......

I still think they'll hold him back another week or two, just to be safe. Then off to the GRG he goes.

Sucks he was injured...he could be sitting in Nestrasils spot right now (not a knock against him or anything).

Why not? he has done nothing so far, and hope mantha takes his spot sooner rather than later, or really any of our top prospects

Why not? he has done nothing so far, and hope mantha takes his spot sooner rather than later, or really any of our top prospects

In all fairness Tatar hasn't really done anything either, or Jurco. The team really isn't doing much offensively. With that said I also wouldn't mind seeing Mantha over Nestrasil. Though I don't know if they'd bring Mantha up to play 3rd line.

In all fairness Tatar hasn't really done anything either, or Jurco. The team really isn't doing much offensively. With that said I also wouldn't mind seeing Mantha over Nestrasil. Though I don't know if they'd bring Mantha up to play 3rd line.(

Any other team would

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/2014/10/anthony_mantha_update_top_pros.html

Article from a week ago. This now makes 6 weeks (I think) from the injury and they said 6-8 weeks. He'll obviously need some time to build up strength and get back to speed, but it'll be great to see him in a Game in GR in the not too distant future.

A lot of pressure for both guys. They are in direct competition with pretty much the same skill set. Should be fun

I think they're in direct competition. But I don't think they've got the same skill set. Jurco was really drafted for his stick handling, speed, and play in tight around the net. Mantha's a pure sniper. Really the only thing similar about them is their size and speed. With regard to skill sets, Mantha is actually more like Pulkkinen. Only way bigger and faster, obviously.

The competition will be good for them, but I don't know about pressure. They're both going to be part of the team for a long time to come. The guy who should feel pressure is Pulkkinen. The NHL is not a small guy's game anymore, and despite the fact that he's scoring goals he hasn't been given a look at the NHL level, nor has he really been spoken of too highly by Blashill or Babs. The refrain seems to be "can score goals, but the rest of his game isn't developed". He needs to carve out a spot for himself.

A lot of pressure for both guys. They are in direct competition with pretty much the same skill set. Should be fun

We do have room for both of them, though. If they outplay Andersson, Nestrasil, Cleary they can both have a spot. That's if Weiss isn't in the lineup - if he claims a spot then it does get more competitive.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I can see them moving Jurco if Mantha comes in and is the real deal

Unfortunately so can i, but I think it'll be a mistake.

Jurco ceiling is really high, and I'd love to keep him but if given the choice right now I'd take mantha.

But I still thinkthe jerk will be an awesome top six player in the future.

I can see them moving Jurco if Mantha comes in and is the real deal

I mean, I don't think anybody other than Mantha (and probably Mrazek) is untouchable. But why trade Jurco? They've been saying for the last 3 or 4 drafts that they wanted to "get bigger and not lose skill". Now that they've finally got that coming to fruition, I don't see them moving it unless it's a slam dunk. I'd imagine (out of the prospects) any two of Backman, Jensen, or Ouellet plus Pulkkinen would be the ones to go first in a trade. They've got value. They can't all fit into the lineup along with everybody else. And they're on the smaller end of the prospects. Then again, a lot of that depends on who the coach is going to be next year because I get the feeling Babs and Blash wouldn't necessarily keep the same guys around given the choice.

Unfortunately so can i, but I think it'll be a mistake.

Jurco ceiling is really high, and I'd love to keep him but if given the choice right now I'd take mantha.

But I still thinkthe jerk will be an awesome top six player in the future.

He's not going anywher unless the return is a slam dunk. Count on it. Why draft big if you're just going to trade the big players and keep the little ones?

I mean, I don't think anybody other than Mantha (and probably Mrazek) is untouchable. But why trade Jurco? They've been saying for the last 3 or 4 drafts that they wanted to "get bigger and not lose skill". Now that they've finally got that coming to fruition, I don't see them moving it unless it's a slam dunk. I'd imagine (out of the prospects) any two of Backman, Jensen, or Ouellet plus Pulkkinen would be the ones to go first in a trade. They've got value. They can't all fit into the lineup along with everybody else. And they're on the smaller end of the prospects. Then again, a lot of that depends on who the coach is going to be next year because I get the feeling Babs and Blash wouldn't necessarily keep the same guys around given the choice.

He's not going anywher unless the return is a slam dunk. Count on it. Why draft big if you're just going to trade the big players and keep the little ones?

That's the reason I think they'll keep him, but if they package him together for a top four d, I don't think it has to be that much of a slam dunk.

We've had skilled bigger bodies before and they always turned out to be grinders like McCarty, maltby, and lapointe.

That's the reason I think they'll keep him, but if they package him together for a top four d, I don't think it has to be that much of a slam dunk.

We've had skilled bigger bodies before and they always turned out to be grinders like McCarty, maltby, and lapointe.

Depends on who the top four d-man is. But I get your point. It's really risky trading a guy like Jurco at this age because you won't get a great return (unless packaged) and you don't know how he'll turn out. Reminds me a bit like the situation where the Islanders traded Nino Neiderreiter. Got very little and he's turning out to be a real good forward.

I disagree with your statement of a lot of pressure being put on both these kids.

The front office will have no problem with mantha not being able to crack the big leagues this season.

I will say there is more pressure on Jurco becuz he is older and more seasoned but at the same time, it's not like this is his put up or shut up season. He will get another season or two before that pressure is placed upon him.

Curious ... Who gets called up first for the wings this year ? Mantha or pulkkinen whos who's still racking up the pts this yr

Well mantha hasn't even played this year. So we won't know for sure, but I'm betting he gets the call before pulks

Curious ... Who gets called up first for the wings this year ? Mantha or pulkkinen whos who's still racking up the pts this yr

I think that depends on a few things, if manthas struggling or if he hasn't gotten into skating shape yet then pulks, but if he's skating well and is putting up a decent amount of points or at least creating a lot if chances I'd say mantha.

Obviously if he comes in and just dominates hell be first.

And if he does well during his call up I could see us sending Jurco down or waving someone to have him in the NHL.