• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Time for Teemu?

Rate this topic

With the Wings scoring 2 or less in 9 of their last 11 games surely its worth calling up the Finnish finisher?

We are creating enough scoring chances in games but most are falling to the wrong guys. Apart from the

jnr euro twins who are on course for 30+ goal season's only Pav is likely to break the 20 goal barrier.

The defensive game Babs seems to be fixed on isnt helping and when you look at our forward talent it

seems to be stifling their output. A lethal right handed shot from the point on the pp and in general play is

what this team is crying out for, we have one ( maybe more ) primed and ready to go in Grand Rapids.

Kenny, give the young Finn a decent run in the team and see what he can do, if anything itll give the

opposing netminder something to think about.

Some may interpret this thread as a knee jerk reaction, but consider what our big turn around was last season. It took a plague of injuries to see what Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco could bring to the table and now they are ALL on the roster because of their performance.

Give the kids a shot, why not? It may be the push they need back in the right direction of a successful start to the season. I don't see it hurting anything, they can't show off what they got if they don't get the opportunity.

I'm not opposed to a Teemu appearance. Kindl can take off also in favor of XO.

Some may interpret this thread as a knee jerk reaction, but consider what our big turn around was last season. It took a plague of injuries to see what Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco could bring to the table and now they are ALL on the roster because of their performance.

Give the kids a shot, why not? It may be the push they need back in the right direction of a successful start to the season. I don't see it hurting anything, they can't show off what they got if they don't get the opportunity.

I'm not opposed to a Teemu appearance. Kindl can take off also in favor of XO.

There worst thing is they keep playing the same way they've done since an imperative start... At least some players would gain experience or get show cased for a trade.

That statement though pretty much sums up whether he is going to get a chance from Holland. It took a rash of injuries to get those guys in last year. It would take a rash of injuries to get someone up this year. This is a mans league remember.

Unless they send Jurco down, it's not going to happen. There's no room for him. Further, it's not they guys most will suggest moving out of the top 3 lines that are the problem, for the most part it's the top players who aren't scoring.

Most teams go through stretches where they don't score. It happens. There's no reason to try to force a rookie into the lineup thinking that's the magic cure.

Selanne scored 27 points in 64 games last season. That's not going to set the world on fire.

You want to bring back a 40+ player who's been sitting on his ass the last 8 months? Without a training camp to boot. Forget it.

I get it. You're talking about Pulkinnen. :lol: And I was like, why the hell would Selanne sign with us.

Edited by GMRwings1983

We have no RH shots and can't score, he's RHed and scores a lot. So, yes. But he won't get his shot this year, unfortunately.

Who out of Zetterberg, Tatar, Nyquist, Franzen, and Jurco do you think he'd play better than? Those are the guys, other than Helm and Abdelkader who are playing a banging role that Pulk can't, that have been on the wing in the top 6, depending on if Zetterberg is at center or not.

Doesn't matter if he can score or not. For Babs scoring is only of secondary importance. How's his defense? If its still not great then Babs will hate him and his time will be short.

Winning games by scoring 1 goal is Babs' masterful tactic?

Babcock can pick n choose the players he wants for team canada, not so for Wings, or was he delighted to get rid of Flip and replace him with flop?

???? You do know that Holland was the equivalent of GM for Team Canada as well. It was pretty much the same situation where Babs got imput for the roster, but didn't ultimately choose the players for Team Canada.

P.S. liked the Flip/Flop joke even though I don't think Weiss is a flop.