• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2015 Draft

Rate this topic

They're trading him because they can't afford to re-sign him. How would sending Nyquist, who they also couldn't afford to re-sign, be enticing to them?

He was always going for futures. And if that's all you're going to get in return, why trade within the division?

That makes sense. It's just crazy. He is the exact type of player that Holland and Babcock were whining about for the past 4 years. The fact that he was even available was silly.

That makes sense. It's just crazy. He is the exact type of player that Holland and Babcock were whining about for the past 4 years. The fact that he was even available was silly.

I agree. In hindsight, wouldn't you rather have Boychuk, Seguin, and Hamilton than about half of Boston's team? Aside from Bergeron, every single player on that team is more expendable than the three of those guys. You can excuse one or two mistakes every few years, but man, those are some serious missteps.

s*** made a topic about hamtilon didn't know it was being discussed here ... Someone can close it

Well flames was another team I was hoping detroit might trade back to get 2 2nds ,this days not going good lol

At this point just offer it up to Columbus for 30 and 32

They're trading him because they can't afford to re-sign him. How would sending Nyquist, who they also couldn't afford to re-sign, be enticing to them?

He was always going for futures. And if that's all you're going to get in return, why trade within the division?

I agree they probably couldn't resign him but still could of gotten more , at this point he's young enough id of offered up next years first round pick as well Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I agree. In hindsight, wouldn't you rather have Boychuk, Seguin, and Hamilton than about half of Boston's team? Aside from Bergeron, every single player on that team is more expendable than the three of those guys. You can excuse one or two mistakes every few years, but man, those are some serious missteps.

That's what I keep thinking. Why not shed Chris Kelly or one of their other 2 upcoming UFAs: Lucic, Eriksson. It would be especially funny if some of those players don't re-sign.

Now they've gutted the defence in the past two years. Those 3 picks could be more valuable than Hamilton, but that's about 3 years away and by then Chara will be 41 and Seidenberg will be 36. That doesn't seem like a good timeline for success to me.

My Rick Nash comparison was a loose powerforward association, don't take it too literally. But yeah he was supposed to be our next 1st line powerforward. Overhyped or not he's already crapping the bed in that department.

Mantha's gone from "He's gonna make the team his first year as a pro and be our future top line winger" to "Well he can still probably contribute something I think" and you people are ok with that. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Doesn't use his size, doesn't back check, and only about half his scoring translated to the minors. But yeah, I'm sure he'll be the next Rick Nash.

Mantha's 2014-15 season tells us nothing that we didn't already know about him. We drafted him with the understanding that he was going to be a project, that his first year as a pro would probably be spent in Grand Rapids and wouldn't necessarily be anything to write home about. In major junior, he was a big fish in a small pond; he didn't have to play a strong two-way game, he didn't have to battle against grown men, he didn't have to keep his feet moving at all times, the pace was nothing like pro hockey, and QMJHL goaltending is notoriously awful. And in terms of physical fitness and conditioning...if a teenager is going to play in the AHL, he has to put in a lot of extra time at the gym. (Even someone as fit and fleet of foot as Larkin has to bulk up and condition his body to withstand the rigors of the pro game and, in time, the murderous marathon that is the NHL schedule.) Mantha had all this to contend with - and then he broke his leg. Even before he broke his leg, I wasn't expecting greatness from him this season. He's got a long, long way to go before he becomes a first-line winger. I believe he'll get there, but it's just going to take a while.

Skinner apparently being shopped according to LeBrun. I know that we should probably be focusing on defense, but despite a disappointing last season and concussion problems, this kid still has a TON of upside. What would it take to get that deal done?

Edited by Legendary D In 03

Skinner apparently being shopped according to LeBrun. I know that we should probably be focusing on defense, but despite a disappointing last season and concussion problems, this kid still has a TON of upside. What would it take to get that deal done?

We have enough small wingers,

And his concussions are concerning.

Hard pass

What a feeling it must be when your team adds a young and exciting player... One day...

Why is it the Bruins have developed so many great defensemen and we haven't developed one since kronwall

Dmen take longer to hit their stride than forwards do. So unless you can draft a guy like Hamilton as one of the top picks, it is all about the waiting game. We may already have dmen that can become great. We just don't know yet.

On the draft show.

Talks about Mcdavid for five straight minutes, then says jack eichel, not just a consolation prize, but probably a franchise center(says one more line about eichel..

Yeah, yeah, yeah but let's bring it back to Mcdavid.(proceed to talk Mcdavid for another five-10 minutes.

Not mad we never landed any of these guys aside from Hamilton and maybe ROR if the price wasn't ridiculous. Just would be exciting adding an impact player to this team

Well, to be fair, I think that's what Holland's been trying to do through the draft.

But yeah, sometimes I feel the same way.