• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 3 GDT : Lightning 0 at Red Wings 3 - DET Leads series 2-1

Rate this topic

Great game by brendan smith tonight ... Let's hope he keeps it up and plays as responsible as he did tonight

And a big f-u to the refs with the nonstop calls yet again swear it feels like there trying to help tampa

Great penalty kill by the boys tonight ... Could say we were lucky a bit with those posts but I remember us losing a ton of games for that reason so f*** that s***

that was more fun than I can remember in quite some time... aside from the penalty fest, great effort. And Mrazek is the real deal. I couldn't be more pleased. I have another Czech goalie to love, as a bonus! I love this kid. He is cool as can be, and yet has that quirky fire that makes for a truly great goaltender... I think Petr's job description just jumped a couple of pay grades.

More of this Thursday, please, minus the PKs, which were great - but make me nervous, indeed.

Bet Glenny is still grinning. :cheesy:

Edited by puckloo39

Glad we won. The wjngs better clean up their stupid mistakes or they are gonna pay sooner or later. Was that nyquist with about 11 minutes to go pinching in which resulted in the breakaway? WTF man you have a 2-0 lead. You don't need it.

Smith did that earlier in the game I think...lead to another bad turnover. They escaped it though. TB was whiffing on shots, hitting posts, ugh. That's not going to happen 2 games in a row.

Wings had a lot of energy all night though. There wasn't really a time I remember them sitting back for any length of time. It all went for us tonight. It's not going to go all for us on Thursday.

Problem is now, if Petr continued and proves he deserves the #1 spot next season, what do we do with Howard? Can't have a $5M backup....

Been saying for the longest time to trade howard for pieces to help us and get a veteran backup goalie ... Mrazek is the real deal and future star ... Last game we lost 5-1 and he comes back with a shutout

Nothing gets to the kid

Glad we won. The wjngs better clean up their stupid mistakes or they are gonna pay sooner or later. Was that nyquist with about 11 minutes to go pinching in which resulted in the breakaway? WTF man you have a 2-0 lead. You don't need it.

Smith did that earlier in the game I think...lead to another bad turnover. They escaped it though. TB was whiffing on shots, hitting posts, ugh. That's not going to happen 2 games in a row.

Wings had a lot of energy all night though. There wasn't really a time I remember them sitting back for any length of time. It all went for us tonight. It's not going to go all for us on Thursday.

Smith also came back and broke that play up...

Just sayin.

Been saying for the longest time to trade howard for pieces to help us and get a veteran backup goalie ... Mrazek is the real deal and future star ... Last game we lost 5-1 and he comes back with a shutout

Nothing gets to the kid

That's kind the problem, his bad games and good games seem to alternate, which he needs to change...

I imagine well run a tandem next year, unless we win the cup with Mrazek, in which case he's the guy.

poor Jimmy....he'll waive his NTC for sure. Who out there needs a goalie?

Edmonton ? ... I'll even let them think they'll be good in 2018 and there 1st rounder 2018 and just wait cause we know they'll still suck lmao (won't happen just having a laugh)

Edmonton though ... Maybe flyers ... Arizona? San Jose?

I'm sure we'd find a trade partner

If we could get vlasic somehow it would be nice

That's kind the problem, his bad games and good games seem to alternate, which he needs to change...

I imagine well run a tandem next year, unless we win the cup with Mrazek, in which case he's the guy.

To be fair his last game wasn't bad. There is only a certain number of shots a goalie can save if the defense has a day off.

Depending on how this goes, jimmy may be traded. We need some D and righty. Should get some good return for that. If mrazek can be more consistent, there's no reason to keep Howard. He doesn't bring the same things to the crease as petr. I've been to the last two regular series games in Tampa. Wings need to play like they did tonight when they get back. Shooting right in bishops gut won't get any goals.

Still 23 though and it shows a lot about him that he doesn't let a bad game get to him ... Just give him more action and he will feel more comfortable .... He's still just starting so a solid backup who could play 20-30 games incase would be ideal

Can't think of someone but I'm sure we could find a goalie

Jimmy bashing again? Can't you people just be happy we won. Sheesh.

No jimmy bashing ... Mrazek praise

I kept the powder dry and watched the entire game before saying anything.

GREAT, HUGELY important win. Everything to play FOR now on Thursday rather than trying not to fall behind 3-1.

Greasy win. I'm beginning to understand those losses to Edmonton and Calgary et al when the Wings with all that talent couldn't come back against some talent and a whole lot of muckers. The more talented team didn't win tonight but the harder working team sure did. Very few stupid passes out of the zone but way too many penalties. Helm has learned so well from Zetterberg on faceoffs, He cheats exactly like Z used to before linesmen started tossing him. All the Wings D tonight did something good of note that helped the win. Stamkos is a frustrated little skunk isn't he? Joe Louis Arena sounded GREAT tonight but I know you all can make it louder Thursday.

Sure we got some bounces tonight and Tampa sure missed some chances that would have changed the game. Those are the gremlins inside Joe Louis Arena helping out. They some nights put the story in storied...

Edited by Jersey Wing

Great game. The Wings did almost everything right. Play like that next game and Tampa might start to panic. But a 2-1 lead is not anything to get comfortable about. However, it feels good having a mid series lead for the first time in three playoffs.

And to those pointing out Tampa hitting posts: Detroit also had a bunch of near goals. I think the better team won tonight, cleanly.

Jimmy is very aware of the situation, and he knows this is how it goes, sometimes. I have said before (and am sure I will again), Jimmy will be ready if he's needed. It's Petr's job right now, undoubtedly. It's why we watch hockey. You never know what will happen. I am grateful we have two goalies who are able to rise to the occasion when needed...

I am thrilled for Mraz and I have little doubt that Jimmy is just as proud as can be right now. :thumbs-up:

Edited by puckloo39

I'm just glad we aren't playing the goon bros in Boston. All those guys know to do is try to hurt people and dive. I like our chances against a team mostly playing a clean game.

Also, where's the playoff wallpaper?

To be fair his last game wasn't bad. There is only a certain number of shots a goalie can save if the defense has a day off.

While I agree with you, if it was Howard in net, LGW would be calling for his head about how he doesn't make the big save when needed or something along those lines.

I think the trade Howard, Mrazek is our savior talk is a bit premature. Mrazek is playing excellent, yes, and Howard hasn't been too hot since his injury. But were still talking about trading away Howard for a kid who seemed to get pulled every other game over the past few months, which is a trend that has actually continued into the playoffs. I do think Mrazek is playing better than Howard right now, but I think the way going forward is to keep both of them on the roster next year, have them continue to push each other and duke it out for number 1, and see how the pieces land. Also during the inevitable case of an injury, I'd be much happier having both Howard and Mrazek on the team, instead of Mrazek and some washed up or unproven backup. But in the meantime I'm just going to bask in this victory.