• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

I do. Through Justin Abdelkader first 126 NHL games he had 10 goals. Now he's playing a top line power forward role. Jurco is learning how to be that and I don't think he's doing a terrible job, especially considering before he got to the NHL he never had to be a power forward. It's a process. He's learning. He'll be fine. When he gets to be Abdelkaders age he will be better than Abdelkader is right now. Bank on it.

I can't speak for anybody else, but here's the problem I have with your thought. Of course Athansiou is better than Miller. But he's not better for the role. By which I mean that to be a good fourth liner you need to play defense, kill penalties, block shots, agitate, hit, etc.

Athansiou is our future second line center. I don't want him blocking shots in the NHL. I want him learning how to take over a game offensively in the AHL. I don't care if he ever blocks a shot, or kills a penalty. In fact I hope he doesn't. I don't want him to get hurt. His potential is too good, and his future too bright, to have him toiling away on the fourth line just to say "well he is in the NHL at least...

Nobody would argue that he isn't better than Miller. He is. But you don't need a thoroughbred to do donkey's work. You need a donkey. And Miller is a cheap, effective, donkey

I'd prefer to see Kindl in over Smith, but I'm biased - I've never been a big fan of Smith.

If I'm being as objective as I can, I don't think having one play over the other will make that big of a difference. I think Kindl's done a good job getting back to break up plays, and I think Smith's provided an edge that Kindl doesn't. Both of them still make bone-headed decisions with the puck/have a difficult time getting the puck out of the defensive zone. I'm just happy DeKeyser's coming back ahead of schedule.

I think both should be gone, no long term future in Detroit anyways ... Bring up 2 of marchenko/ouellette/Jensen instead or just one and try and trade for a veteran defensemen

I'd go with option 2 but I know both are going nowhere anytime soon

I do. Through Justin Abdelkader first 126 NHL games he had 10 goals. Now he's playing a top line power forward role. Jurco is learning how to be that and I don't think he's doing a terrible job, especially considering before he got to the NHL he never had to be a power forward. It's a process. He's learning. He'll be fine. When he gets to be Abdelkaders age he will be better than Abdelkader is right now. Bank on it.

+ blashill knows him and will get the best of him ... He's 22 , can't give up on the kid after after 1 game ... He's got size, speed , hands ... Loads of skill ... Foolish to write him off now

The thing about Jurco is he's struggled to fit in offensively. Hasn't shown us those hands or his offensive side yet. However I think he's a lot better without the puck than people realize. Much like Abdelkader he may grow slowly into his offensive role with this team. People like to think of him as this slick euro Datsyukesque sniper cause of his hands, but I think he's more of a heavy forward. Built solid and likes to dish the body.

I can't speak for anybody else, but here's the problem I have with your thought. Of course Athansiou is better than Miller. But he's not better for the role. By which I mean that to be a good fourth liner you need to play defense, kill penalties, block shots, agitate, hit, etc.

Athansiou is our future second line center. I don't want him blocking shots in the NHL. I want him learning how to take over a game offensively in the AHL. I don't care if he ever blocks a shot, or kills a penalty. In fact I hope he doesn't. I don't want him to get hurt. His potential is too good, and his future too bright, to have him toiling away on the fourth line just to say "well he is in the NHL at least...

Nobody would argue that he isn't better than Miller. He is. But you don't need a thoroughbred to do donkey's work. You need a donkey. And Miller is a cheap, effective, donkey

Mostly agree with this. Miller is a perfect fit for his role and that's why we shouldn't get rid of him. Cheap, effective, donkey for sure but he's way better than Andersson and I think still better than Ferraro. Athanasiou shouldn't be a 4th line guy.

if anything we should waive Anderson

Id like to see this sat

Larkin Zeterberg Abby

Tats Richards helm

goose shehan pulk

miller glendening fearro

jurco franzen

kronwall Ericksson

GREEN DD

Q KINDL

Smith

Why would you want him at any price? He scored about as much as Kyle Quincey last year and he's slow as hell.

I'd take him for a discount. He was injured last year. Yes, he's getting old so his numbers will reduce. But he's a physical presence, has a monster shot from the point and would give any team experience on the blue line in the playoffs.

We don't need experience on the blue line. We've got a veteran blue line. Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Green, are all veterans. Kronwall has as many Cups as Chara, so it's not even like he brings that to the table.

And did I mention he's slower than glass?

We don't need experience on the blue line. We've got a veteran blue line. Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Green, are all veterans. Kronwall has as many Cups as Chara, so it's not even like he brings that to the table.

Yes, but his body is big. I'm talkin bigger than bufflin big.

Yes, but his body is big. I'm talkin bigger than bufflin big.

Good point. He is a really huge guy. No denying the potential impact of his hugeness all sorts of stuff. He's like, bigger than Derian Hatcher. That's huge.

Plus, he's more fragile than molasses.