• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

11/13 GDT | Sharks @ Red Wings | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Rate this topic

Missed the game.

Can someone that actually knows what they're talking about break it down for me?

We skated well in the first and outplayed them for the most part in the first. Howard let in one he shouldn't have. The second was pretty even. They shut it down and outplayed us in the third. We didn't win any battles and we looked like we just didn't want it. We hit a couple posts and had a few good chances we just didn't bury any of them. We still can't hit the net. The defense still isn't great. Datsyuk looked like a great, but very rusty hockey player. Someone needs to remind Abdelkader what his job is. I don't actually think we looked terrible except in the third. We had chances to win but only got one bounce on the Pulkkinen goal. Oh also our forecheck sucks. And we need to spread out the talent on the PP.

I actually thought the Wings were flying in the first, Sharks were having trouble keeping up with them. It's just unfortunate that when you have trouble scoring, line combos get mixed with to try to find a goal. The Tatar - Larkin - Nyquist line was lightning quick. I also loved the Sheahan - AA - Pulk line. Dats looked good, and his line was ok. I still don't thnk Abby is the top line guy we need, and I still believe his cotract was too much for too long. ($3.5M for 7 yrs, good. $4.25M for 4 yrs, good. What he got, too much, too long.) But, Dats and Z looked good together, would've liked to see Z - D - Larkin for a minute. As long as we were experimenting with combos.

I said last night, I've had it with K and E. They just aren't good enough to lift this team. Do I think playing all the kids will help? No. It won't hurt, but I think its time to seriously start hunting for that top combo shutdown guy. A lot of you like to complain about Green, but he needs protection out there, in order for him to be our #1 O defenseman, he needs a #1 D defenseman. Krownall and Dekeyser would be a nice pair and then Ouellet - Marchenko. E, K and Smitty are ALL expendable and need to be moved. They don't make our team any better than it is. And right now that is very inconsistant. I am at the point right now that if you need to include a 1st, Mantha, Sproul and/or Pulk along with dumping K, E and Smith in a deal(s) to get you a Stanley Cup caliber defenseman and maybe some picks in return, it woud hurt to lose that much, but we need it. It's obvious. We have they highest payroll in the NHL and we are nowhere near where we need to be. Make the playoffs? Sure, but win a Cup within the next 2 seasons before Dats leaves? Hell no....and that's the goal.