• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Tyler Bertuzzi goal.. Savage lol

Rate this topic

Interference....you cannot purposely knock another players stick out of his hands.

It'd be different if he "lifted" the stick to steal the puck and it flew out of his hands, but he had full control of the puck, left it, knocked the stick up I need the air and continued the play. Interference would've been called.

I don't believe that would have been called any sort of penalty on Bert. It wasn't slashing nor was it any sort of interference in my opinion. Datsyuk was known for that move (maybe not with quite as much force), one on one with a defender, move the puck one way while batting the stick away, all in one motion. In my opinion, that's all Bertuzzi did on that play, and because he was one on one against a forward (Sadowy), he made him look foolish. Bottom line, the player in that situation needs to hold on to his stick...

That isn't even close to the same as moving a stick laying on the ice... If you watch the video again, he swiped the stick away, there was no slashing down motion. It's on Sadowy for not holding on to his stick... "No penalty on the play. We have a good hockey goal"...

Interference....you cannot purposely knock another players stick out of his hands.

It'd be different if he "lifted" the stick to steal the puck and it flew out of his hands, but he had full control of the puck, left it, knocked the stick up I need the air and continued the play. Interference would've been called.

I suppose that makes this play interference, too. Zebras missed it, and during OT no less. Stupid idiots.

https://streamable.com/hz30

Pavel did this all the time, the difference was most guys had a better grip on their stick when it happened. Players attempt it all the time when they see a guy with one hand on his stick.

Both Eriksson and Sadowy had a poor grip on their stick when it went flying. Sure, Bert's has more force on it, but it's still more of a stick lift than a slash. At the end of the day, it's more amusing than anything. It happened during a scrimmage in the month of July, and Sadowy's going to tighten his grip in the future.

I feel as if this team is stressing you out this summer. Breathe, man. Just breeeathe :lol:

Edited by Jesusberg

Unsportsman like conduct?

I don't think it's anything. I never saw Datsyuk get called for it. He used to slash away at players sticks quite a bit. But he was always subtle so idk.

Edited by kickazz

If he broke his stick, I could probly see a penalty being called. There's no penalty for a stick lift with the D man not having a tight enough grip.. Stick lifts are allowed without the opposing player having the puck; happens all the time. It's the D mans fault that goal is getting so much attention.

Pretty awesome dev camp highlight if ya ask me :D