• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Mike McKee

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

He's going to make us all proud with his goal scoring feats this year.  Also I heard from a friend of a friend that he hunts bears with just a knife.  And the legend continues to grow.  :w00t:

I heard that the REALLY brave (or foolish) bears hunt HIM with just a knife.

Steve Ott and Drew Miller getting 20 minutes per game on the 1st line makes more sense than McKee cracking an AHL lineup.

only for fans who don't understand the role of a real fourth liner. I'd rather see entertaining guys like McKee than Miller and company but to each their own.

25 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

only for fans who don't understand the role of a real fourth liner. I'd rather see entertaining guys like McKee than Miller and company but to each their own.

You see, teams like to win hockey games this day and age. Coaching has come a long way, and players who can't play hockey nop longer have use. If you like fights, there is almost always boxing or UFC to watch. 

23 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

The original poster to your comment was clearly over the top so I'm not defending his take. But lots of great hockey minds dont value the enforcer. Even Babs a guy I know you think is the greatest coach in the NHL doesn't seem to value that role. I dont think its a matter of "not understanding" I think its more of different philosophy.

Personally, if the game is the way it is, I think having a guy on your team that can drop the gloves is a good thing, but I dont want a guy who can only do that. I prefer a guy who fight, but can also contribute a bit. The best example I can give is Georges Laraque. The guy was a tank but also could get you close to 10 goals and 20 points a year. I remember he scored some big goals in the classic Edmonton/dallas games of the late 90's/early 2000's. That's just my take.

I'd rather have a guy who can actually do something at the nhl level other than punch. Someone like McCarty would be great. McKee can't even handle the college game, do you really believe that he has anything to contribute to an nhl team, or are you just that desperate to see fights?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I guess we will see what the Oilers do with McDavid situation.  If guys are starting to take liberties with him what do you think they will do.  

PS  When Mike goes swimming the sharks leave the water

Mike doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the crap out of it. The seat automatically lifts when he walks into the bathroom. He can have his cake and eat it too. They tried to name a street after him but nobody crosses Mike McKee and live. He's the only person confirmed to survive a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Brian McGratton calls him Sir.

I can hardly wait to wake up in the morning and check the WMU box score against North Dakota.  Another goal I suspect.  When he comes to training camp next September we can call him The Legend of the Fall

22 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I can hardly wait to wake up in the morning and check the WMU box score against North Dakota.  Another goal I suspect.  When he comes to training camp next September we can call him The Legend of the Fall

False.  Everyone must call him "Sir" or he kills them with a glance.

1 hour ago, HoweFan said:

I guess we will see what the Oilers do with McDavid situation.  If guys are starting to take liberties with him what do you think they will do.  

The Oilers already brought in guys to help protect him. 

3 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

That role of a fourth liner died in the 90's.

Downey played 56 games in 2008. 0 Goals 3 Assists 116 Penalty Minutes. I seem to remember his presence made other teams play a pretty clean game in a season they won the Cup.

12 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I seem to remember Downey being a healthy scratch a lot barely playing when he did dress, and having almost zero impact and playing 0 minutes when ot really counted

56 games dressed is quite a few for a guy who was nothing but an enforcer. He had an impact. Ask George Parros.