• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/27 GDT : Sabres vs Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

In honour to Mickey Redmond's Birthday  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

My 'man crush' was #16.

Loved how he was more or less the Russian version of Chris Chelios...Or was Chelios the American version of Vlad Konstantinov?

As I mentioned in another thread a while back...Wings should resort to the 80's where the 1st, and 2nd round picks were of the most skilled player available...Rounds 3, and up were all about toughness.

Bloody hell - we might actually have a fun team to watch in a few years.

Probably was the Russian version of Chelios since Chelly was around a while before. 

As far as skills + toughness. You mean you'd like for us to be like the LA kings? Highly skillled team that likes to drop em and throw some big hits. Also have 2 cups on their record the last 4 years. 

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yes - a team like today's Kings, or a version of what we had back in '97.

We lack skill, and toughness...No where near the skill to be considered a legit 'puck possession' team, and far too small to play the dump, and chase.

It all boils down to drafting...Again I want to go '80's retro...A few skill picks, and then toughness from then out...It's not like our drafting over the past several years has exactly kept us in among the elite in the league...Then again I've always preferred a certain brand of hockey that is frowned upon.

I'm not sure if toughness soley has as place anymore. I think if we could get some guys that are like Shanahan that can be both skilled and tough at the same time, that would probably mesh well in todays hockey. For instance Anthony Mantha is a goal scorer that can drop them if needed. I like that about him. (Although he just lost the fight he got into lol)

Another example is Iginla in the 2000s, 

Corey Perry

Edited by kickazz