• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/29 GDT : Red Wings vs Senators : 8:00 PM ET

Nice and needed win tonight. BTW the RW's are now 5-2 this season in games that MANtha scores.

MI you said you wanted to see Ott and Neill get into it. That would not go well for Ott. Neill is still one of the toughest guys in the NHL. Man I remember him with the Griffins..........

2 hours ago, kliq said:

They're also 3-1 when Drew Miller scores, how is that a relevant stat?

A perfect example of how to use statistics the wrong way as you point out.

Our first goal I highly approve of, a result of hard work and sticking like glue in their zone until they fold. More of that, please.

A nice win on the road I'll take it any day. Now either win 10 in a row or start tanking, don't wanna draft 15th.

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Our first goal I highly approve of, a result of hard work and sticking like glue in their zone until they fold. More of that, please.

A nice win on the road I'll take it any day. Now either win 10 in a row or start tanking, don't wanna draft 15th.

We don't want to draft outside the top 5. To bad there is no way to ensure that..........

19 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Saw on twitter Blash told Ansar he made a "coach's decision" to bench AA in the 3rd. I'd link it but I'm at work right now. I missed the 3rd, any merit for AA getting benched?

Other than the fact that Blashill hates AA? No.

AA sits: Andreas Athanasiou logged 5:13 for the entire game and didn't get off the bench in the third period after being on the ice for Ottawa goals in each of the first two periods.

Said Blashill: "It's a coach's decision. I'll just leave it at that."

Athanasiou has had defensive issues. He failed to stay above Evander Kane in the third period Tuesday, on the play in which Kane scored the winning goal for Buffalo.

6 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Agreed. Certain posters will spin stats any way they can in order to tell the story they indented to tell before they even looked at the stats. 

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Exactly.  Miller has the worst advanced stats in the NHL, but he gets to play.  Athanasiou creates more offense, draws more penalties, and backs the other team off more than anyone else on the team, and he gets benched.  Talk about misreading what's actually happening.  Dekeyser and Miller responsible for both goals against last night.  Miller coasted and let the forward he should have backckecked with pressure DeKeyser.  DeKeyser coughed up the puck.  In the net.  Coach blames Athanasiou.

Anyone else having Déjà vu lol?

Kidding aside, agreed. I dont like AA being on the 4th line with Miller & Ott, its almost as bad as Larkin playing with Glendening and Sheahan.

AA looks to have been benched after that last goal he was on the ice for where technically he didn't pick up his man. Who didn't get benched though? The guy who singlehandedly caused that goal and put AA in a scramble situation with the most pathetic clearing attempt right to an opposing player that I've ever seen, Danny "dumpster fire" DeKeyser. If AA is benched, Danny D should be sitting for Sproul. No real accountability, just nit picking a specific player for some reason by Blashill. Unfortunately it's one of the only game changing players we have right now who can create offense on his own. Not like we need more of that.

5 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

AA looks to have been benched after that last goal he was on the ice for where technically he didn't pick up his man. Who didn't get benched though? The guy who singlehandedly caused that goal and put AA in a scramble situation with the most pathetic clearing attempt right to an opposing player that I've ever seen, Danny "dumpster fire" DeKeyser. If AA is benched, Danny D should be sitting for Sproul. No real accountability, just nit picking a specific player for some reason by Blashill. Unfortunately it's one of the only game changing players we have right now who can create offense on his own. Not like we need more of that.

$30 million dollars gets your immunity for dumb errors