• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

Detroit's first rounder.

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

Godmotherf***ingsonofabitchbastards***assdamnit, no. Stop. Just stop. For the sake of all humanity, stop. I don't actually believe in god, but since this is the kind of s*** that would bring down all sorts of fire-&-brimstone-y wrath, I have to hedge my bets and beg you to stop.

"typical Holland experimental pick" is not a thing. Stop trying to make it one. Cholowski was not an experiment. He was the highest rated defenseman available. Even if he was, one pick is not "typical" in any sense of the word. And also 15 other GMs also passed on Chychrun. Stop acting like he's hockeyjesus. 

Petterson, for what it's worth, is the 2nd ranked EU skater. 12th on Craig's list, 5th by Hockeyprospect, 16th by ISS, 9th by Future Considerations, 7th by McKeen's. Hardly an experiment even if they do take him. (Which is probably unlikely since he's a winger we don't need. Button just saw someone compare him to Zetterberg, and said "hey, Wings!, Swedish!" even though the Wings haven't drafted a Swede in the 1st round since Kronwall.)

So just stop. There are legitimate things to criticize and intelligent ways to be critical. Please stop trying to bring on Armageddon. 

Amen brother. Glad someone got around to saying it.

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

Godmotherf***ingsonofabitchbastards***assdamnit, no. Stop. Just stop. For the sake of all humanity, stop. I don't actually believe in god, but since this is the kind of s*** that would bring down all sorts of fire-&-brimstone-y wrath, I have to hedge my bets and beg you to stop.

"typical Holland experimental pick" is not a thing. Stop trying to make it one. Cholowski was not an experiment. He was the highest rated defenseman available. Even if he was, one pick is not "typical" in any sense of the word. And also 15 other GMs also passed on Chychrun. Stop acting like he's hockeyjesus. 

Petterson, for what it's worth, is the 2nd ranked EU skater. 12th on Craig's list, 5th by Hockeyprospect, 16th by ISS, 9th by Future Considerations, 7th by McKeen's. Hardly an experiment even if they do take him. (Which is probably unlikely since he's a winger we don't need. Button just saw someone compare him to Zetterberg, and said "hey, Wings!, Swedish!" even though the Wings haven't drafted a Swede in the 1st round since Kronwall.)

So just stop. There are legitimate things to criticize and intelligent ways to be critical. Please stop trying to bring on Armageddon. 

And for what it's worth, Kindl was the 2nd ranked Euro D  in 2005. Maybe he was the highest ranked Euro D...look how that turned out.

If Holland drafts that Pettersson kid, I'm out, not a tad overboard. Look at the players who he shows just after our pick. A few of them have been talked about in the top 5, also positions we are in need of. WE ARE NOT IN NEED OF A 150LB. SWEDISH LEFTWING! We're already stuck with a jenky one in Nyquist. Ugh! Number 2 ranked euro...Sheesh! How about the #7 ranked player PERIOD! we need center, rw and d. If we're 7-10, Tippett must be our pick. 

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

And for what it's worth, Kindl was the 2nd ranked Euro D  in 2005. Maybe he was the highest ranked Euro D...look how that turned out.

If Holland drafts that Pettersson kid, I'm out, not a tad overboard. Look at the players who he shows just after our pick. A few of them have been talked about in the top 5, also positions we are in need of. WE ARE NOT IN NEED OF A 150LB. SWEDISH LEFTWING! We're already stuck with a jenky one in Nyquist. Ugh! Number 2 ranked euro...Sheesh! How about the #7 ranked player PERIOD! we need center, rw and d. If we're 7-10, Tippett must be our pick. 

You be nice to Pettersson. We're gonna draft him and youre gonna like him. 

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

HAHAHAHA You need a Xanax? Mannnn.

Holland did state Cholowski was going to be a project and he knew that when he drafted him. The kid looks like he's 16 years old. Might be why he was signed after one year of college. So they could get him on the right track and more focused on hockey and training instead of his studies. He needs to bulk up some if he's gonna try the AHL that's for sure.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

HAHAHAHA You need a Xanax? Mannnn.

Holland did state Cholowski was going to be a project and he knew that when he drafted him. The kid looks like he's 16 years old. Might be why he was signed after one year of college. So they could get him on the right track and more focused on hockey and training instead of his studies. He needs to bulk up some if he's gonna try the AHL that's for sure.

Meh Chychrun blows

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You just admitted earlier that you've never even heard of a kid that is consistently ranked as an top-half-1st-rounder by every major prospect site. That says everything anyone will ever need to know about your knowledge of who the Wings should draft. 

And for the record, Tippett ranks 20th, 11th, 4th, 6th, 6th on the same lists Petterson ranks 12th, 5th, 16th, 9th, 7th. (Leaving off the central scouting ranks, since they're not ranked against each other.) Pretty evenly ranked.

2 minutes ago, Buppy said:

You just admitted earlier that you've never even heard of a kid that is consistently ranked as an top-half-1st-rounder by every major prospect site. That says everything anyone will ever need to know about your knowledge of who the Wings should draft. 

And for the record, Tippett ranks 20th, 11th, 4th, 6th, 6th on the same lists Petterson ranks 12th, 5th, 16th, 9th, 7th. (Leaving off the central scouting ranks, since they're not ranked against each other.) Pretty evenly ranked.

Yeah Lefty has completely destroyed his draft credibilty, what's new

Holland needs to draft what this team needs. We don't need a left wing, let alone a 150lb. Swedish left wing. There is only one Zetterberg, this kid will not be the next Z. Just like Nyquist and Tatar were not the next Euro Twins, much like they were touted to be by many "eexperts." We need a C, a sniping RW and a D. Pettersson is none of those.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah Lefty has completely destroyed his draft credibilty, what's new

Not as new as your next username. How many are we at now?

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

kirk-facepalm.jpg.baf70e685227e8c062a35f2b37f44358.jpg

Holland needs to draft what this team needs. We don't need a left wing, let alone a 150lb. Swedish left wing. There is only one Zetterberg, this kid will not be the next Z. Just like Nyquist and Tatar were not the next Euro Twins, much like they were touted to be by many "eexperts." We need a C, a sniping RW and a D. Pettersson is none of those.

When we trade Nyquist and Z retires we will need a SWE left wing smart guy.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When we trade Nyquist and Z retires we will need a SWE left wing smart guy.

I guess I can't disagree with you there. Isn't that what Axel Holmstrom is here for though?

Seriously though, we have more pressing needs than another undersized leftwing. 

22 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

At least he hit puberty before the draft.

Dennis will remeber this

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess I can't disagree with you there. Isn't that what Axel Holmstrom is here for though?

More pressing needs like what?

I don't worry a lot about weight for an 18 year old. Kronwall was something like 155 when he was drafted. The kid is 6'1" no reason to think he won't end up around 200 or so. But that means probably 3 years from now.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This whole "weak draft" bulls*** is being totally overblown in my opinion. Sure, there's no one close to McDavid or even Matthews or Eichel, but getting Patrick, Vilardi or a number of other guys in the top 5 would be huge for us. Whoever we draft will immediately be our top ranked prospect, will likely make this team in a year to two years from now, and quite possibly be the best player on the team in three to five years. Of course there's no guarantee, but I'd say there are at least 5-7 guys in this years draft that will turn out to be better than any of the top young kids currently on this team...

Is all this true?

Lefty is going way overboard, as per usual. However, I too would be a little pissed if we took Pettersson in the top 7-10. I don't pretend to know everything about every player in the draft, but I do a fair bit of research (scouting reports / highlights) leading up to the drafts, and there are at least 10 players I'd take before this kid. Not saying that any of the kids I like will turn out any better. Who knows? Maybe they would be complete busts and Pettersson is the next Zetterberg, but I highly doubt it. I just don't like the pick for us, because, like Lefty said, we need to draft a C, RW or D, preferably right-handed and preferably with some size. Not a smallish, left-handed, LW. I'm still hoping for one of Patrick, Vilardi, Glass or Tippett, in that order. I'd also take any of Hischier, Mittlestadt, Liljegren before Pettersson, or trade back and take any of Foote, Heiskanen, Rasmussen, etc...

Edited by krsmith17

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This whole "weak draft" bulls*** is being totally overblown in my opinion. Sure, there's no one close to McDavid or even Matthews or Eichel, but getting Patrick, Vilardi or a number of other guys in the top 5 would be huge for us. Whoever we draft will immediately be our top ranked prospect, will likely make this team in a year to two years from now, and quite possibly be the best player on the team in three to five years. Of course there's no guarantee, but I'd say there are at least 5-7 guys in this years draft that will turn out to be better than any of the top young kids currently on this team...

My point was around draft position, moving up, etc., without the super high end (McDavid, Matthews types), I don't see it as that important as the person you pick at 3 likely isn't any more of a guarantee over someone at 8 this year.  Picking in the top 10 is going to be huge for the Wings though as they'll have a better chance at getting a difference maker than they have in a long time.  I get that. 

18 hours ago, Wing Across The Pond said:

Nice chart. I notice it says "Note: The new Las Vegas franchise will be slotted at #3 for the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery" - I was under the impression that they had the same odds as #3 but couldn't fall any lower. But the chart has them going as low as 6th?

For an actual simulator this is a pretty cool site - http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

Thanks for that link. FWIW (which is nothing since it's a simulator), I tried it 20 times. Wings got first pick twice, second once and third once. Mostly picked eighth or ninth under the sim.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Yeah I still can't believe they used a first on that scrawny Kronwall kid.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Did Kronwall weigh 155 pounds when we drafted him?  Meaning he's put on 40 pounds since then?  

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Did Kronwall weigh 155 pounds when we drafted him?  Meaning he's put on 40 pounds since then?  

That's my point.  How many 18 or 19 year olds aren't a lot skinnier than they're going to be at 21 or 22?  156 lbs for a kid who's 6'1" doesn't concern me a lot.  What concerns me would be that he's probably 3 years away from contributing.

53 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

That's my point.  How many 18 or 19 year olds aren't a lot skinnier than they're going to be at 21 or 22?  156 lbs for a kid who's 6'1" doesn't concern me a lot.  What concerns me would be that he's probably 3 years away from contributing.

Speak for yourself.  If I were his father, I'd take that kid to a steakhouse or burger joint. 

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He weighed 165 pounds and is currently 195 pounds and has been around that weight for nearly a decade. So he gained 30 pounds after he came to the franchise. 

Zetterberg was 176 and now weighs 197.

Datsyuk was 180 and now at 195. 

What's the issue with drafting a light weight 18 year old again? It's not impossible to gain muscle weight. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall and a crap ton of our players gained 20-30 pounds after they were drafted. 

Ya'll think Arnold Schwarzenegger came out of his mom looking like this?

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_1974.jpg

Look how skinny Arnold was:

arnold-schwarzenegger-young-before-bodyb

Edited by kickazz