• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut1989

Nicolas Hague

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Nothing is out of the question. Bold moves happen all the time. More than likely won't, but not that it couldn't. 

Your proposed trade is out of the question though. Sure someone could be dumb enough to do it, but no NHL GM would be dumb enough to do it.

What would your reaction be if Holland decided to trade Larkin and our 15th overall pick to move up 6 spots to 9th, in hopes that we get a player as good as Larkin?

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Your proposed trade is out of the question though. Sure someone could be dumb enough to do it, but no NHL GM would be dumb enough to do it.

What would your reaction be if Holland decided to trade Larkin and our 15th overall pick to move up 6 spots to 9th, in hopes that we get a player as good as Larkin?

5ff0097253e2b71d8daf59dae0cc7738_mmm-bol

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, but my post said what if  there was a player they really wanted bad. Plus I wasn't just trading the 9th, I said plus an asset.

If Calgary really wanted Liljegren and knew Detroit was interested but knew 100 % #10 wanted him if Detroit passed on him. It's not out of the question to propose such a deal. Just like when Phoenix wanted Chychrun. They gave up their 1st to only moved up 2, plus gave Detroit an extra 2nd rounder AND took Dats salary off of us. Things can happen. It won't ever happen the way a fan proposes it, but it's not like it couldn't. 

Edited by LeftWinger

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, but my post said what if  there was a player they really wanted bad. Plus I wasn't just trading the 9th, I said plus an asset.

If Calgary really wanted Liljegren and knew Detroit was interested but knew 100 % #10 wanted him if Detroit passed on him. It's not out of the question to propose such a deal. Just like when Phoenix wanted Chychrun. They gave up their 1st to only moved up 2, plus gave Detroit an extra 2nd rounder AND took Dats salary off of us. Things can happen. It won't ever happen the way a fan proposes it, but it's not like it couldn't. 

Calgary gave up a 1st (12th-14th range IIRC) plus two 2nds to get him. The typical cost for moving up in the first round is a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure we have an asset that's worth that difference.