• Benoit Pouliot
  • Francois Beuchemin
  • Scott Hartnell
  • Brooks Orpik
  • Dustin Brown
  • Marian Gaborik
  • Jason Garrison
  • Matt Mouslon

Some of these guys may get claimed by Vegas obviously, but the ones who aren't could be bought out and end up on the market. Anyone interested in any of these names for cheap?'

Not surprised that 0 Red Wings are listed. 

I'd be shocked if any more than one or two of them actually get bought out. Personally, I don't have any interest in anyone on that list, unless it's a dirt cheap, one year contract for the sole purpose to flip them for assets at the deadline.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be shocked if any more than one or two of them actually get bought out. Personally, I don't have any interest in anyone on that list, unless it's a dirt cheap, one year contract for the sole purpose to flip them for assets at the deadline.

I think Niemi is pretty much a lock to be bought out. Bieksa is a likely candidate as well.

The one thing that stands out to me is that that list has a lot of slowwww players on it. Particularly slow D-men. 

Yeah, Niemi will be bought out if Nill can't convince McPhee to take one of Niemi or Lehtonen, which I think may end up happening. Bieksa may be bought out, but wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

How do buyouts work for players with NMC / NTC? Does that have any effect on potential buyouts?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How do buyouts work for players with NMC / NTC? Does that have any effect on potential buyouts?

I'm not an expert, but common sense thinking would be that it would not impact any buyout since the buyout is buying out the contract, so the NMC/NTC is gone as the contract no longer exists.

7 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

I'm not an expert, but common sense thinking would be that it would not impact any buyout since the buyout is buying out the contract, so the NMC/NTC is gone as the contract no longer exists.

That's what I assumed, but wasn't 100% sure.

Get Moulson. Then we have two of Tavares NYI bros. Could influence him to come to Detroit. He says he loves it where he is, but since he's been on the team, they haven't surrounded him with enough players that can help make a good run at a Cup. He may want out. They've made the playoffs what, twice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always liked Scott Hartnell, but unless we make a ton of changes and all of a sudden have a shortage of wingers I dont see a spot for him.

Younger Hartnell, hell yes. 40 year old Hartnell, not unless he's DIRT cheap.

Pretty sure the Kings said they had ko intentions of buying out Gaborik either.

Niemi is gone for sure I think, even if Lehtonen gets claimed. Nill probably wants to distance himself from that mess after getting Bishop. Could see him buying out Niemi and using some of the savings on a cheap journeyman backup.

Even without any changes I think we'd have a top-9 spot for Hartnell. I'd go for him on a cheap one year deal. Maybe he could have a rebound year and become a deadline asset. 

If he's cheap, why not? Like Ott and Vanek last year. Speaking of Vanek, wonder what his plans are? Would be nice to get him back, and he liked Detroit. Probably wants in the $5 million range again though.

51 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Get Moulson. Then we have two of Tavares NYI bros. Could influence him to come to Detroit. He says he loves it where he is, but since he's been on the team, they haven't surrounded him with enough players that can help make a good run at a Cup. He may want out. They've made the playoffs what, twice?

Younger Hartnell, hell yes. 40 year old Hartnell, not unless he's DIRT cheap.

Pretty sure the Kings said they had ko intentions of buying out Gaborik either.

He's 35, not 40. But like I said, only if we move some forwards and I agree only if dirt cheap.

Pending reasonable terms i.e.  short and budget friendly I would consider Marc Staal. However, that would be the only player I would consider on that list. Even then I would rather our Wings stay committed to a true multi-year rebuild rather than handing out more bags of sh*t contracts to underperforming vets. That being said, Holland seems to have an affinity to doing so and thus it wouldn't surprise me at all if he swings for one of these ****** bags.