• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Detroit Still Hockeytown

Rate this topic

A team going nowhere the last few years and playing in an arena with lots of empty seats.  Putting "Hockeytown" on your logo at center ice doesn't change that.

Remember the enthusiasm in Detroit 20 years ago?  Even 10 years ago.  

A team going nowhere the last few years and playing in an arena with lots of empty seats.  Putting "Hockeytown" on your logo at center ice doesn't change that.
Remember the enthusiasm in Detroit 20 years ago?  Even 10 years ago.  

Remember the Chicago arena pre Wirtz junior same can happen to the Wings if they don't turn it on quickly

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Remember the Chicago arena pre Wirtz junior same can happen to the Wings if they don't turn it on quickly

Apples and oranges Frank. Wirtz did a lot more to antagonize and show a complete lack of respect to the fans.

We miss the playoffs once and we're being compared to the "Wirtz era" in Chicago. Give me a break...

Apples and oranges Frank. Wirtz did a lot more to antagonize and show a complete lack of respect to the fans.

We miss the playoffs once and we're being compared to the "Wirtz era" in Chicago. Give me a break...

I've said it can happen not that they're there yet but Chris should not make the mistake and take fans for granted new arena or not.

there are two teams with the guaranteed chance to sell out no matter what, thats Toronto and Montreal

26 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I've said it can happen not that they're there yet but Chris should not make the mistake and take fans for granted new arena or not.

there are two teams with the guaranteed chance to sell out no matter what, thats Toronto and Montreal

The last time we were successful and won a Cup was in 2008 almost a decade ago. We have still continued to sell out. So hush. 

And the LCA is slated to sell out within a few days of season ticket availability. The Wings are as popular as ever with the new arena being in Midtown. 

Edited by kickazz

We missed the playoffs a single season. The Red Wings should just be dissolved and the city evacuated. There no hope. Life is a meaningless spiral of dysfunctional malaise. Burn your remaining jerseys for they bring nothing but despair as the Red Wings are no longer the very best team and are now filled with over-dramatic cry-babies.

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Once the novelty of a new arena wears off I can see a lot of sellouts where many fans are dressed like empty seats

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Even if we were elite, that's never going away. Corporate owned tickets will be a part of the Red Wings ticket sales. But I guess if we're elite the ticket holder might be more inclined to show up. Maybe not. 

Even if we were elite, that's never going away. Corporate owned tickets will be a part of the Red Wings ticket sales. But I guess if we're elite the ticket holder might be more inclined to show up. Maybe not. 

Well if they were elite more people would watch and thus increasing the chance for the corporate guys to hopefully show up.

Edmonton had the perfect star to open their new building so fans were already excited and then the new building. Wings have a new building and no real direction so I don't know if that's enough for the suits to show up other than on opening day