• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

From what I can tell Toronto is over the cap as well.

Man, I went to cap friendly and tried to put together a team that I think we could reasonably ice this season and after July 1 it's really hard to try and move guys since so many teams have made signings/trade. Probably should've played around with it beforehand to see what it may have potentially looked like.

They are over the cap, but will get relief from Horton and Lupul being LTIR ($10.55 million), so they actually have around 8-9 million to spend if they want.  I know Horton is on there indefinitely but not sure about Lupul.

30 minutes ago, mackel said:

I wonder if Kenny has talked to Jagr yet?  4 years 16 million?

I would be annoyed if he didn't at least reach out and maybe offer him a 1 year 1 million contract.  That guy's got some freakin' wisdom and can still put up 40+ points.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So I guess they basically traded Hemsky for Radulov...

Not a good trade... at all.  Haha

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Dallas loading up...must be nice to not  have a lot of mediocre players taking up most of your cap space.

Yeah, but they overpaid for Radulov.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

2 hours ago, mackel said:

I wonder if Kenny has talked to Jagr yet?  4 years 16 million?

I would take him just because he's a Byronic hero that would make this boring team somewhat watchable this season.  Plus, he has a chance to break Howe's record for games played this season.    

8 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Wow, that's how much the average NBA player makes every game.

You're making a joke.....right. The Average NBA player doesnt make 71.75 million per year. Maybe LaBron does, but that is if you count endorsements. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

#whodidHollandtrade

Remember #DidSheahanScore? #DidHollandMakeATrade

I've actually been considering making one of these. And by "making one of these" I mean getting someone else to do it, because I'm lazy.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Holland makes trades literally every single year... Just nothing that makes any significant improvements to the team.

#DidHollandMakeATradeToBringInATop2Defenseman...

Right, goes without saying.

#DidHollandTradeForAReallyGoodPlayerWhoIsn'tANobodyOrAVeteranRental?
#AreTradesStillHard?
#IsThereStillNoHockeyStore?

15 hours ago, kliq said:

You're making a joke.....right. The Average NBA player doesnt make 71.75 million per year. Maybe LaBron does, but that is if you count endorsements. 

NBA avg is 6.2 MI going to 10 MI by 2020 season heck I would sit at the end of the bench for 4 MI per year. He was off decimal point and a few numbers as 6.2/82 = approx 75k per game. My oh my how do they live with such a small check! Wonder how that breaks down per touch of the ball. 

32 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

NBA avg is 6.2 MI going to 10 MI by 2020 season heck I would sit at the end of the bench for 4 MI per year. He was off decimal point and a few numbers as 6.2/82 = approx 75k per game. My oh my how do they live with such a small check! Wonder how that breaks down per touch of the ball. 

I wonder what percentage of NBA players will make more money next season than Sidney Crosby?  I'm guessing at least half.  

27 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I wonder what percentage of NBA players will make more money next season than Sidney Crosby?  I'm guessing at least half.  

94 players in NBA make over 10 million which Mr Sid makes this season if I read terms of Sids contract right. 

11 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

94 players in NBA make over 10 million which Mr Sid makes this season if I read terms of Sids contract right. 

I thought it'd be more than that, honestly.  That's still a crapload of players, and shows the absurd salary difference between the two leagues.