• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Both Quick and Campbell out with a torn meniscus... The Kings currently sit dead last, with the worst goal differential in the NHL. Are they that bad, or have they just had s***ty luck / bad goaltending? Would they have any interest in Howard or taking Bernier back? Should we trade one if they come calling? What sort of return could we get?...

18 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Nylander is following in the footsteps of his father...He's a good player - not a great player (yet), and wants his $$$.

He's probably wanting more $$$ than Larkin, but IMHO Larkin is the better of the two.

He wants $8M (rumored)

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Both Quick and Campbell out with a torn meniscus... The Kings currently sit dead last, with the worst goal differential in the NHL. Are they that bad, or have they just had s***ty luck / bad goaltending? Would they have any interest in Howard or taking Bernier back? Should we trade one if they come calling? What sort of return could we get?...

Perhaps this is LA's way of a stealth tank and improving odds of getting Mr Hughes?

Has anyone noticed if Tanya Harding and friends have been seen around Staples recently? Could be a factor with all these knee injuries occurring.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  They have way too much talent to do this.

Which is why they desperately need to acquire a goaltender. I think they're good enough to still have a chance at a playoff spot if they fill the void in net.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Lmao trade them Bernier back. Rybar can play the remaining 25 games we needed him to play.

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd send either one if they would waive their NTC (if they have one), and whomever could fetch us the most in return (in terms of draft picks).

18 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

He wants $8M (rumored)

Wow - greedy lil'bastard ain't he?

If the Leafs have trouble signing anyone else - well it's gonna be another 50 years before they win the Cup :lol:

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Wow - greedy lil'bastard ain't he?

If the Leafs have trouble signing anyone else - well it's gonna be another 50 years before they win the Cup :lol:

Nylander clearly missed Shanahan's public plea for his stars to take less than market value in order to retain their core. Just wait until Mathews and Marner (both twice the players lil willy is) rake the entire GTA's ballz over the coals when their time comes. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This Nylander fiasco really makes the Marleau signing look stupid

If Nylander really wants 8M you just can't cave to that demand. Marleau or no Marleau. Cap space or not. 

But if you're talking signings, the real mistake was not locking the three of them up long term last year. Pre-Tavares. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Nylander clearly missed Shanahan's public plea for his stars to take less than market value in order to retain their core. Just wait until Mathews and Marner (both twice the players lil willy is) rake the entire GTA's ballz over the coals when their time comes. :lol:

Apparently when asked about Shanny's 'message' - Matthews responded sumthin along the lines of 'I'll let my agent handle this' (meaning he could give 2 f**ks since he wants what's coming to him).

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This Nylander fiasco really makes the Marleau signing look stupid

I've been saying this since the day the Leafs signed him...Made zero sense what so ever...There's still 1 season remaining...Could've used that $6.25 cap hit in a much more meaningful fashion.

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Nylander really wants 8M you just can't cave to that demand. Marleau or no Marleau. Cap space or not. 

But if you're talking signings, the real mistake was not locking the three of them up long term last year. Pre-Tavares. 

I'll give Dubas a bit of a break since signing Tavares was a bit of a long shot, but it'll be interesting to see if Dubas has Yzerman strength balls in letting Willie boy sit for the season, and not cave in to his demands.

Just now, Dabura said:

tenor.gif

Makes Larkin's contract look like a bargain.

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah I just mean it would be nice to have that cap space now. 8M is yes very high.

15 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Apparently when asked about Shanny's 'message' - Matthews responded sumthin along the lines of 'I'll let my agent handle this' (meaning he could give 2 f**ks since he wants what's coming to him).

I've been saying this since the day the Leafs signed him...Made zero sense what so ever...There's still 1 season remaining...Could've used that $6.25 cap hit in a much more meaningful fashion.

I'll give Dubas a bit of a break since signing Tavares was a bit of a long shot, but it'll be interesting to see if Dubas has Yzerman strength balls in letting Willie boy sit for the season, and not cave in to his demands.

This really is his first big test.

Yzerman godfathered that s*** like a ******* gangster. My guess is Dubas will trade him for questionable return. But we will see I guess.

30 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd let him sit the whole season for four reasons:

1. f*** him

2. Their contending window IMO won't close for at least five years

3. Set an example with this and use it for leverage in the M&M negotiations next year

edit:

4. show other GMs that they can't pick your carcass by low balling you with trade offers 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd let him sit the whole season for four reasons:

1. f*** him

2. Their contending window IMO won't close for at least five years

3. Set an example with this and use it for leverage in the M&M negotiations next year

edit:

4. show other GMs that they can't pick your carcass by low balling you with trade offers 

Wait, so you're in favor of teams using every ounce of leverage they have to maintain financial dominance over players?

13 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Wait, so you're in favor of teams using every ounce of leverage they have to maintain financial dominance over players?

I am. I cant say I would feel bad if nylander "only" made 6 million at 22 years old. I'd be happy making 100k and I kill my body every day and rarely get a day off. He's getting off an entry level deal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting away from bridge deals is going to kill the competitive teams. Handing out big contracts to a guy 2 years into the league was a bad precedent and now these kids want even more than they are worth because they might be worth it later. He should be talking 5 mil to help the team. Then in 3 years negotiate a contract based on what he was worth over the last 3 years. I don't get a raise for something I might do in the future, I get one based off the grouping of work I've done since my last raise, and if I want more I have to work above my pay level now to earn a higher pay level later. 

Millenials. 

Edited by Euro_Twins

3 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I am. I cant say I would feel bad if nylander "only" made 6 million at 22 years old. I'd be happy making 100k and I kill my body every day and rarely get a day off. He's getting off an entry level deal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting away from bridge deals is going to kill the competitive teams. Handing out big contracts to a guy 2 years into the league was a bad precedent and now these kids want even more than they are worth because they might be worth it later. He should be talking 5 mil to help the team. Then in 3 years negotiate a contract based on what he was worth over the last 3 years. I don't get a raise for something I might do in the future, I get one based off the grouping of work I've done since my last raise, and if I want more I have to work above my pay level now to earn a higher pay level later. 

Millenials. 

Do you have this same "Athletetes are a bunch of rich babies who need to be crushed" attitude when it comes to lockouts as well?