• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Then again, a 2nd from St. Louis might be a 30's pick.

Again, trading both Nyquist and Howard is not about "getting rid" of them, it's about acquiring assets to make this team's rebuild better and faster. We can always re-sign them in July if we want them to retire Red Wings. And if getting a couple of 1st's or maybe a higher end prospect for a couple of months of not having them, I am all aboard! Also, Gus and Jimmy should be as well. It just means that we have that much of a better team for them to come back to!

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Allen + 2020 1st.  I do that if we can't get one of those 2 righties.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess it largely depends on how confident I am that we could get Howard back in free agency, or how confident I am that Allen (or someone else) would be a solid replacement.

Weak goaltending can crater a rebuilding team's confidence. Barring a really remarkable offer, I think you kind of have to stick with Howard for now.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I guess it largely depends on how confident I am that we could get Howard back in free agency, or how confident I am that Allen (or someone else) would be a solid replacement.

Weak goaltending can crater a rebuilding team's confidence. Barring a really remarkable offer, I think you kind of have to stick with Howard for now.

I'd do Howard for Bokk straight up and go with Bernier the rest of the season.  I'd call a team meeting and let them know the plan that I am not throwing Howard or the season to the wolves (no offense Bernier) but it's a move to make the rebuild even better. Tell Howard, if you want to come back, we will definitely be interested come July.  I think the team would understand and accept the downgrade in goaltending if it meant having more higher end talent in the wings and on The Wings! Plus, maybe Bernier steps it up and at least plays up to what he did last season and keeps us competitive.  Plus there is always the draft lottery. A top 5 pick (not counting Hughes) gets us a great player. With all that in mind, I don't think the team up front would lose any confidence.  With the idea of Bokk, Addison and Hughes in this organization should keep any player confident in the rebuild!

If we could swing Howard to St. Louis for Bokk and bad contract and Nyquist to Pitt for Addison, I think that would excite this young team.  Especially with the idea that we would be offering both those players a contract back in July. If they want it.

Edited by LeftWinger

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What about Bokk and a bad expiring contract for Howard?

We have to take Jake Allen back in any sort of scenario with STL

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Nah. I think Howard giving this team a chance to win every night is more valuable to the rebuild effort.

Would have to be Allen + *1st rounder level compensation* for you?

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Again, trading both Nyquist and Howard is not about "getting rid" of them, it's about acquiring assets to make this team's rebuild better and faster. We can always re-sign them in July if we want them to retire Red Wings. And if getting a couple of 1st's or maybe a higher end prospect for a couple of months of not having them, I am all aboard! Also, Gus and Jimmy should be as well. It just means that we have that much of a better team for them to come back to!

Everyone always talks about this with rentals, but how often does it actually happen? Very rarely from my POV. If we trade these players we absolutely must operate under the assumption that they are gone forever.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Agreed. This team is exciting and energetic right now. These kids have confidence at that the moment, and a lot of that I'm sure can be attributed to Howard keeping us in games. He's played very well. I'd hate to see Howard go and our swagger with it.

24 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Allen + 2020 1st.  I do that if we can't get one of those 2 righties.

I don't think the blues would trade their 2020 pick... at least not this year. If their 2019 1st that they sent to buffalo ends up in the top ten, they can opt to give buffalo their 2020 first instead. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We have to take Jake Allen back in any sort of scenario with STL

Well that puts a damper on it for sure, maybe we go with a different team. But I still think we need to turn him for a pick/prospect, especially if teams are calling with offers. I don't think a deal with St. Louis helps us, unless we get a high, HIGH end prospect, because moving forward a goalie tandem of Allen and Bernier is pretty depressing sounding for the next couple seasons...

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd do Howard for Bokk straight up and go with Bernier the rest of the season.  I'd call a team meeting and let them know the plan that I am not throwing Howard or the season to the wolves (no offense Bernier) but it's a move to make the rebuild even better. Tell Howard, if you want to come back, we will definitely be interested come July.  I think the team would understand and accept the downgrade in goaltending if it meant having more higher end talent in the wings and on The Wings! Plus, maybe Bernier steps it up and at least plays up to what he did last season and keeps us competitive.  Plus there is always the draft lottery. A top 5 pick (not counting Hughes) gets us a great player. With all that in mind, I don't think the team up front would lose any confidence.  With the idea of Bokk, Addison and Hughes in this organization should keep any player confident in the rebuild!

Fair enough.

When I say lose confidence, I'm talking more of a long-term thing. As in, like, if we went into this season with Bernier and Sateri as our goalies, our record right now is probably godawful and everyone is probably miserable. Stretch that out over an entire season or two (or more) and it could seriously hamper the rebuild effort, even if it means passing on a promising young talent like Bokk.

Holland has said he wants next season to be the true start of the turnaround. Devellano has said he and Holland are impatient people. All things considered, I don't think we move Howard unless the return is too good to pass up and/or Holland is confident that he can get Howard-level goaltending from another goalie for the next couple of years if Howard signs elsewhere in the summer.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If we could swing Howard to St. Louis for Bokk and bad contract and Nyquist to Pitt for Addison, I think that would excite this young team.  Especially with the idea that we would be offering both those players a contract back in July. If they want it.

A lot of moving parts and wishful thinking in here.

Remember that we in all likelihood have to to take back Jake Allen from the Blues. That means we could potentially have a very bad tandem of Allen/Bernier locked up for 8 mil for the next 3 years.

Highly doubt Bokk is on the table as well. Kyrou and Thomas were not even on the table when they traded for ROR with the Sabres.

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Would have to be Allen + *1st rounder level compensation* for you?

Depends on what exactly that compensation is, naturally.

I guess I'd put it this way: The offer would have to really get my HYPE! juices flowing. Sort of an "I'll know the right offer when I see it" kind of thing. I'm assuming Holland's thinking the same thing, though I'm sure his definition of "too good to refuse" differs a bit from mine.

Edited by Dabura

10 minutes ago, amato said:

I don't think the blues would trade their 2020 pick... at least not this year. If their 2019 1st that they sent to buffalo ends up in the top ten, they can opt to give buffalo their 2020 first instead. 

Buffalo is #1 in the league right now I believe

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Fair enough.

When I say lose confidence, I'm talking more of a long-term thing. As in, like, if we went into this season with Bernier and Sateri as our goalies, our record right now is probably godawful and everyone is probably miserable. Stretch that out over an entire season or two (or more) and it could seriously hamper the rebuild effort, even if it means passing on a promising young talent like Bokk.

Holland has said he wants next season to be the true start of the turnaround. Devellano has said he and Holland are impatient people. All things considered, I don't think we move Howard unless the return is too good to pass up and/or Holland is confident that he can get Howard-level goaltending from another goalie for the next couple of years if Howard signs elsewhere in the summer.

Yeah this is a soft rebuild, and it seems to me that Howard is still part of this teams plan moving forward. Any sort of offer for Howard will likely need to be over the moon, and I don't think any team will offer that.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah this is a soft rebuild, and it seems to me that Howard is still part of this teams plan moving forward. Any sort of offer for Howard will likely need to be over the moon, and I don't think any team will offer that.

Yup.

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Gonna throw this out there...

Nylander...Would Holland kick the tires, and what would it realistically cost the Red Wings if he became a member of the 'Swedish Mafia'?

Well their issue is they dont wanna pay him because they need the cap space this summer to re-sign their other boys right? And we don't have any cap space to give Nylander the big contract he wants, so we would have to off load to them expiring contracts.

So in theory that trade probably begins with Nyquist. After that I don't know how much term + cap they are willing to take on.

Nylander could end up an overpaid version of Nyquist. Not sure I'd take that gamble honestly.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well their issue is they dont wanna pay him because they need the cap space this summer to re-sign their other boys right? And we don't have any cap space to give Nylander the big contract he wants, so we would have to off load to them expiring contracts.

So in theory that trade probably begins with Nyquist. After that I don't know how much term + cap they are willing to take on.

Nylander could end up an overpaid version of Nyquist. Not sure I'd take that gamble honestly.

Yeah - I sorta forgot that Hank's LTIR $$$ is now pretty much eaten up by Larkin's new contract...Holland would have to get very creative in order to afford Nylander.

That's the huge risk with Nylander...He's gotten good numbers playing alongside great talent in T.O....Kids these days want the $$$ off their ELC...Not saying I want Willie boy, but just for $hits & giggles it makes interesting conversation.

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - I sorta forgot that Hank's LTIR $$$ is now pretty much eaten up by Larkin's new contract...Holland would have to get very creative in order to afford Nylander.

That's the huge risk with Nylander...He's gotten good numbers playing alongside great talent in T.O....Kids these days want the $$$ off their ELC...Not saying I want Willie boy, but just for $hits & giggles it makes interesting conversation.

Yeah I don't think Nylander makes much sense for us. Lebrun is reporting that Toronto is working the phones again on a Nylander trade thou. Only two days left before he's barred from the entire season. I'm surprised this kid hasn't caved and re-signed yet.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I don't think Nylander makes much sense for us. Lebrun is reporting that Toronto is working the phones again on a Nylander trade thou. Only two days left before he's barred from the entire season. I'm surprised this kid hasn't caved and re-signed yet.

Kenny is at the tire store?

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kenny is at the tire store?

Hopefully he's not looking at "retreads".

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Howard to St. Louis or Philly for a prospect and bad contract.

Nyquist to Pitt for either a 1st or Calen Addison.

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think Howard gets traded at all and probably gets re-signed.

Nyquist may get traded, as there will certainly be interest.He's having a great season. But unless a grade A prospect or 1st round pick is coming back, I don't do it. He's the right age to keep around with the kids for the rebuild. Would love to have him re-signed.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hopefully he's not looking at "retreads".

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think Howard gets traded at all and probably gets re-signed.

Nyquist may get traded, as there will certainly be interest.He's having a great season. But unless a grade A prospect or 1st round pick is coming back, I don't do it. He's the right age to keep around with the kids for the rebuild. Would love to have him re-signed.

We got a 1st 2nd and 3rd for Tatar. We should be able to get at least a 1st and another pick for Goose. And with the season he is having maybe we can get the same as Tatar got or more if he continues this pace.