• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

If we could trade Howard to the Blues for Robert Thomas... that would be HUGE. Holland could really take advantage here. I think he's going to end up getting a similar steal as the Tatar trade, not in pieces, but quality of return.

We're not getting Thomas; he shoots right.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just saying when I see the reaction from Wings land being: PULL THE TRIGGER, and Blues land being: HELL NAH, it's usually a good indicator that the trade suggestion is heavily lopsided. Dreger is just stirring the pot.

Darren Dreger? Rumormongering? Now I've heard everything!

More TSN Howard Stuff

Scoop: Howard is single-handedly standing in the way of a complete Red Wings rebuild. He has pulled the Detroit out of the Eastern Conference basement with a 5-1-1 mark and .931 save percentage in November. Their record could be even better, as the Wings lost four games in October when Howard only allowed two goals against. Now Holland is believed to be holding out in an attempt to get a first-round pick in return, a price he may well fetch between now and the Feb. 25 deadline. 

The smoke is real. The fire will be real. 

Wings are going to have three first round picks this June :ninja:

Dudes. I thought you guys were kidding about the Jimmy Howard thing, then I read this:

Blues and their goaltending situation

TSN: Dreger notes that St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong needs to upgrade in net. Sources are saying that the Blues have been paying attention to Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard. The Blues were at the Red Wings game on Monday.

“Now to acquire Jimmy Howard, it’s going to come at a considerable cost. Is St. Louis willing to part with the assets? They don’t have a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL draft; are they willing to give up a prized prospect like Kyrou or Thomas? There’s some options that St. Louis might consider but if it’s Jimmy Howard, it’s going to come at considerable expense.”

What I like the most is even Dregs is saying that Jimmy is going to come at a considerable expense! Dominik Bokk anyone?

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

4M.. but it's only 1 year?

Ok.

I'll expand a little. I trade both Howard and Nyquist at the deadline for best pick(s) I can get, then I would also let them know I am interested in them as UFA's. I'd be good with both on 1 year deals at $4M each. NO NTC's! I'd also bring vanek back, at a lessor rate, if he doesn't find work elsewhere or retire. I need to have as much cap open as possible for when AA, Mantha and Cholowski are up for contracts. Cholowski is going to cost at least $5M when his deal is up, look at what they gave Chychrun. AA is going to get Larkin or more money and I believe Mantha is going to also be at least $6M. It's going to be very tight in a few years... I can't be giving players like Howard and Nyquist 3-5 year deals.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So, we are going to offer Howard for Allen and one of either Thomas or Kyrou.  I would be stoked if we got Thomas and just had to ride out 2 years of Allen's contract.

They were off limits in the O'Reilly trade negotiations, and Howard isn't O'Reilly. So, realistically, we're probably looking at, like, Allen + middling futures. (The Blues don't have a 2019 1st.)

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Dreger also says that once a GM is named in Philly, they will be searching for a goalie. We could get handsomely compensated for Jimmy.

We won't be though. Soon to be 35 year old rental goalies don't command much.

Few years ago the flames got a 30/31 year old Brian Elliot for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd. I think that trade is a good comparison here. I'd expect Howard's value is slightly less than this. Maybe a 2nd and a 6th? idk maybe you consider that handsome compensation for Howard.

A 2nd is enticing, but I'm not sure the Wings will bite. I'd hold out for a late 1st rounder from a desperate team, and if it doesn't happen, just keep Howard.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

They were off limits in the O'Reilly trade negotiations, and Howard isn't O'Reilly. So, realistically, we're probably looking at, like, Allen + middling futures. (The Blues don't have a 2019 1st.)

Would you do Allen + 2nd rounder?