• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

:lol:

"Dubas probably (definitely) wouldn't do it though"...

Yah, the only thing is that we have an eency weency bit of leverage in that Toronto can't afford to keep Nylander.  They are going to be forced to unload him one way or another.  What do you think the price tag is? 

They'd probably want an NHL D-Man in return for sure, not sure Hronek would intice them. Too bad Green has that NTC, maybe he'd waive it to go to Toronto? If he would, How does Nyquist, Green 2020 1st sound? Laugh if you must, because I am just throwing stuff out there. Maybe Hronek as well?

I guess first we have to see if we can even afford Nylander. What is he looking to get, have we seen that anywhere?

Obviously, if we dealt Nyquist and Green (roughly $10M this season) we'd be ok, but moving forward could we afford him on a long term deal?

Edited by LeftWinger

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Toronto actually does not NEED him, they are doing very well. If they acquired some key pieces that they need (not necessarily blockbuster pieces) it could put them over the top.  Which is why I mention Nyquist and Green.

It would be a hockey trade (young D going back).  Leafs wouldn't trade a young guy about to sign a 6 or 7 year deal for a pending UFA forward and a soon to be UFA 30 something defenseman.

23 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Inside source is saying Nylander has verbally agreed to a contract with the Leafs. 6 years at 7 mill AAV

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's not a an official source and I think it might be BS now: grapefruitspoons

grapefruitspoons is a user who frequents r/Leafs over at reddit. He reported the Tavares signing before any of the major networks and reported the Ennis signing before anyone else. So he's developed some credibility... but he just deleted his account today after reporting this... so maybe he F'ed up

Grapefruitspoons was right again...

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm confused why he's being paid more than Pastarnak. Someone smarter than me here, please elaborate?

Good question...Given the fact that he'll get $$$ that you'd see guys putting up close to (if not over) 80 pts.

Many of his fans will point out that 'in a few seasons when he's scoring 80 plus pts - he'll be a bargain'...Alrighty then.

In the end - as others have mentioned - I just don't see him remaining a Maple Leaf when considering Matthews, Marner, and Dman Gardiner will all be up for new contracts.

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Good question...Given the fact that he'll get $$$ that you'd see guys putting up close to (if not over) 80 pts.

Many of his fans will point out that 'in a few seasons when he's scoring 80 plus pts - he'll be a bargain'...Alrighty then.

In the end - as others have mentioned - I just don't see him remaining a Maple Leaf when considering Matthews, Marner, and Dman Gardiner will all be up for new contracts.

Aside from old contracts I don't really know of any 80 point guys at 6.9. Hes overpaid now but not by a ton. 6 would have been fair, 6.5 is still ok, 6.9 is slightly high

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Been telling all the tons of Leaf fans up here the same thing, that they'll never hang onto all their top 4 forwards. Nylander just got $6.9 million per for 6 years. Marner will want close to that, Matthews will demand Tavares level money/term. I just don't see how that will work out, especially when you add in Gardiner and all the other lower level guys that need new deals as well. It's like Chicago's situation a few years back, but worse.

s***, i just noticed they have Kadri at $4.5 million per until 21-22 and Marleau has one more year at $6.25 million. Haha just handing out that money! They have $5.15 million in open cap. Ya, they're screwed unless they can move some contracts. They could buy out Marleau's last year too, they have buyouts open.

8 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm confused why he's being paid more than Pastarnak. Someone smarter than me here, please elaborate?

I was reading the Leafs message boards, and the word going around is that there are two reasons.

1) Inflation

2) They got an extra UFA year from Nylander 

27 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

s***, i just noticed they have Kadri at $4.5 million per until 21-22 and Marleau has one more year at $6.25 million. Haha just handing out that money! They have $5.15 million in open cap. Ya, they're screwed unless they can move some contracts. They could buy out Marleau's last year too, they have buyouts open.

Did you subtract Horton's cap?

They have around 29 mil to spend if the cap stays the same, so even if AM gets 11mil and Marner gets 9 mil, they still have around 9mil to sign a bunch or 4th liners, Kapanen, and Johnsson. They will likely loose Gardiner, and Hainsley, but other then that I think they should be fine. Look for a lot of kids to play on entry level deals next year on the 3rd and 4th lines. If they get really tight, Marleau being bought out would be the way to go. 

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

Did you subtract Horton's cap?

They have around 29 mil to spend if the cap stays the same, so even if AM gets 11mil and Marner gets 9 mil, they still have around 9mil to sign a bunch or 4th liners, Kapanen, and Johnsson. They will likely loose Gardiner, and Hainsley, but other then that I think they should be fine. Look for a lot of kids to play on entry level deals next year on the 3rd and 4th lines. If they get really tight, Marleau being bought out would be the way to go. 

Ahh, no. I missed that all along, and no one corrected me on it. Shows how much they know their team. It would work then, especially with a Marleau buyout and if they let Gardiner walk, but i'm sure they'll try to keep him. Hainsey i figured was as good as gone. Sparks and Ennis need new deals as well as the others you mentioned, if they decide to keep them. Sparks i'm sure they will, but he won't get a crazy raise.  Andersen plays most of the games, but that kind of bit them in the ass last year. I thought he looked drained by the time the playoffs started.

9 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Nylander is Nylander and is doing the same thing his father did. Holding out for top dollar.

Pastarnak is Pastarnak, and when asked about his contract he said he'd be happy accepting a couple hundred thousand dollars playing in Europe. He's just happy to play hockey and that's what's most important to him.

Ying and Yang

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nylander is Nylander and is doing the same thing his father did. Holding out for top dollar.

Pastarnak is Pastarnak, and when asked about his contract he said he'd be happy accepting a couple hundred thousand dollars playing in Europe. He's just happy to play hockey and that's what's most important to him.

Ying and Yang

Ya Nylander was pushing it holding out for $8 million per. Bridge deals have disappeared though. Pretty sure Marner and Matthews were quoted saying he should just sign already. His actual cap hit for this season is $10.3 million, next season it drops. So he basically got what he wanted in the end.

Did I just type that? $10.3 million for a 61 point guy? That's insane.

4 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Been telling all the tons of Leaf fans up here the same thing, that they'll never hang onto all their top 4 forwards. Nylander just got $6.9 million per for 6 years. Marner will want close to that, Matthews will demand Tavares level money/term. I just don't see how that will work out, especially when you add in Gardiner and all the other lower level guys that need new deals as well. It's like Chicago's situation a few years back, but worse.

I honestly believe Marner will push for nothing less than $8 million (possibly more if he gets 90 plus pts).

But yeah - I've been saying it since the start of the season when Willie began his hissy-fit...Leafs will become Chicago, but minus the 3 Cups :lol:

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Aside from old contracts I don't really know of any 80 point guys at 6.9. Hes overpaid now but not by a ton. 6 would have been fair, 6.5 is still ok, 6.9 is slightly high

And Nylander is not even a 80 pts guy - yet...

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ying and Yang

D-Boss is the same as Pastrnak - seemed pretty easy negotiations with Holland...I'm sure he's happy to be playing in front of his family, and friends on a regular basis...Can't wait to see him donning the 'C'.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Marner and Matthews are going to take up about $19M of their available $23M cap space next season. The better win this year or it could be bad. They will lose a lot of supporting actors!

Probably more. They need to get rid of Marleau somehow.