• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We got a 1st 2nd and 3rd for Tatar. We should be able to get at least a 1st and another pick for Goose. And with the season he is having maybe we can get the same as Tatar got or more if he continues this pace.

Tatar had term on his deal tho. And Vegas had picks to burn.

I think a 1st is a reasonable expectation.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We got a 1st 2nd and 3rd for Tatar. We should be able to get at least a 1st and another pick for Goose. And with the season he is having maybe we can get the same as Tatar got or more if he continues this pace.

In which case, I would certainly consider it. But like you said, if he gets traded, he's likely gone forever. And let's be honest, Nyquist isn't exactly old. He's not dead weight. You would be trading away a guy at a prime age who's a 2nd liner with probably 5 more good years left in the hopes that you get at least that back in the draft with a late 1st to 2nd round pick. If he was older, or redundant (like Tatar was) or we had some top 6 F knocking on the door, then I would definitely do it. Otherwise, you need to wow me, cuz I don't need to trade him.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

In which case, I would certainly consider it. But like you said, if he gets traded, he's likely gone forever. And let's be honest, Nyquist isn't exactly old. He's not dead weight. You would be trading away a guy at a prime age who's a 2nd liner with probably 5 more good years left in the hopes that you get at least that back in the draft with a late 1st to 2nd round pick. If he was older, or redundant (like Tatar was) or we had some top 6 F knocking on the door, then I would definitely do it. Otherwise, you need to wow me, cuz I don't need to trade him.

Counterpoint: Refusing to move Nyquist doesn't necessarily guarantee that Nyquist will re-sign with the Wings.

32 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Another counterpoint: Filip Zadina.

I'd love to see Holland take a flyer on Zykov. Big, skilled right-handed winger, with top six potential. I remember being really high on him in his draft year. He hasn't panned out yet, but he's still only 23 years old. Off to a rough start this season, but put up 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) in 10 games with the Canes and 54 points (33 goals, 21 assists) in 63 games with the Checkers last season. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And this is why I'd rather see Gus moved rather than keeping him...The potential to land another hi-end draft pick is what this team needs.

If we have a repeat of 2018 for the upcoming 2019 draft - our club could possibly be playoff bound, and dangerous within a few years from now.

2 hours ago, amato said:

Yup. Hell of a year to have an extra 1st round pick. They should hope the Blues finish 11th from the bottom. 

They have an extra 1st in 2020 too...

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

And this is why I'd rather see Gus moved rather than keeping him...The potential to land another hi-end draft pick is what this team needs.

If we have a repeat of 2018 for the upcoming 2019 draft - our club could possibly be playoff bound, and dangerous within a few years from now.

Agreed. Im hesitant to trade Howard because i think the return will be mild and his absence will greatly impact the team. I feel the exact opposite about Gus. His return should be good and someone like Zadina/Svech/Ras could be inserted into his role.

If any team is offering a significant return (high draft pick and / or high end prospect) for Howard, you have to trade him. In my opinion, the short-term pain would be well worth it for the long term gain. We could add some high-end assets as well as improve our draft odds. Win-win.

All other pending UFA's (Nyquist, Vanek, Jensen) should be shopped as well as a few others with term (Nielsen, Helm, Glendening, Ericsson, Daley). I think the most likely to be moved at this season's deadline would be Howard, Nyquist, Jensen and Daley, and even then, it will likely only be one of them, maybe two...

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They have an extra 1st in 2020 too...

Agreed. Im hesitant to trade Howard because i think the return will be mild and his absence will greatly impact the team. I feel the exact opposite about Gus. His return should be good and someone like Zadina/Svech/Ras could be inserted into his role.

Sabers actually have three this year. Blues 2019 1st from the O'Reilly trade, and Sharks from the Kane trade. Sharks becomes a 2020 1st if the sharks miss playoffs, blues becomes a 2020 1st if their 2019 ends up in the top ten. All this is according to capfriendly anyway. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/draft/2019&round=1&tid=4&otid=25

Real talk though, I know he's injured right now (and too often so far in his career), but I wonder how sour the Pens are on Murray.. being only 24, you'd think he'll bounce back from his bad start to the year. I wonder if we could get him as part of the deal. 

9 minutes ago, amato said:

Real talk though, I know he's injured right now (and too often so far in his career), but I wonder how sour the Pens are on Murray.. being only 24, you'd think he'll bounce back from his bad start to the year. I wonder if we could get him as part of the deal. 

Rutherford gave away MAF for the kid. I expect he'll want to keep him and be patient with him. Howard would just be a band aid.

IMO it wouldve been like getting an extra draft pick. There's no harm in building your farm up with talented players. This was a fail by 11 GM's, I'm just tired of ours being one of them.

Much rather have had Zykov here instead of Ehn or Frk. 

Edited by LeftWinger